Grief

*izuku POV*

as soon as (y/n) punched overhaul there was a giant explosion. it was caused by (y/n). he is currently in a hospital on life support, he is not expected to ever wake up...right after the blast ryukyu came to get the rest of us out, it turns out the only ones uninjured were the girls. on the way back to U.A ochako asked me something... "i-izuku...is he gonna make it?" "i think ts possible. he is very strong, he will pull through. for us." i reply, "i cant believe he did that..." hado says, "he cared too much about us to let us get hurt..." tsu says crying. "aizawa, what are we going to tell everyone?" i ask, "no need. a new reporter got it all on video. everything he said to you, the fight, and his last words." aizawa says sadly, "so everyone already knows?" ochako asks. he just nods. when we arrive back at U.A everyone is crying immensely. me, tsu and ochako walk over to the rest of the girls and shoto. "no..." kyoka says, "i cant believe it..." says mina, "h-he sacrificed himself..." momo continues, "for you sake..." tooru finishes. "is eijiro okay?" mina asks, "he will be fine." i reply sadly. "so you guys saw everything?" ochako asks, "yes." shoto replys sadly. "hey remember what nighteye said?" i ask tsu, "yea...'do not fret, and do not frown, he is doing this so you can be happy'" tsu quotes. "he saw (y/n)s future..." i say, "wait, does that mean he will survive?" kyoka asks with hope. "i hope so."

a few days later everyone was brought into the common room. "okay everyone, as im sure you all know, (y/n) was recently almost killed again. this time however, the doctors dont think he will survive." nezu says grimly. "w-what?" tooru asks shocked, "his top layers of skin were all burned off, most of his blood vessels bursted, and his arm was shattered." nezu explains, "currently he is only alive thanks to machinery, he has not woken up but if supervised by us you are allowed to visit." he continues, "however, if you can handle not seeing him then that would be best, he is in terrible condition." "i want to go." all the girls club say simultaneously. "i was afraid of that." aizawa says, "anyone who feels they need to see him can come with me outside, nezu will be explaining the whole story to anyone who stays." aizawa says walking out the door. after a few seconds we begin walking out, me, eijiro, shoto, momo, tooru, mina, ochako, tsu, kyoka, and iida all walk outside. when we arrive at the bus we see hado, and togata there as well. "what are you doing here?" ochako asks, "well, he also saved me..." hado says, "im here to accompany her and comfort you if needed." togata says smiling. "and midoriya, im sorry, sir passed away..." togata says, "and before you ask, im smiling because before he died he said a society without laughter and comedy is a society gone wrong." he adds.

when you all arrive at (y/n)s room aizawa warns you, "girls, i will be having the boys enter first so when you need them they wont be in shock anymore." "got it." i say walking in. it was horrible. i could barely recognize him. after a few seconds aizawa calls in the girls, when they walk in they all start crying. "no...how?" hado asks while hugging togata. "he went x100, when he went x10 he was in a coma for a week." aizawa says sadly. "(y/n)...im sorry i wast stronger." ochako cries before hugging you, at this point mina is crying into eijiro, momo into shoto, ochako into me, and hado into togata while tooru and tsu are just in shock. "he did so much for us..." tooru says, "yea, if it wasnt for him none of us would be here." tsu says sadly. "are we allowed to touch him?" tooru asks, "gently." as soon as aizawa says this she jumps onto him and starts hugging him. "please...wake up..." tooru cries. "by the way, for the next month you are all off of school, and with staff can visit him whenever you want." aizawa says. "i should have helped him..." i say crying, "no midoriya, if you hadnt shielded the girls from the blast you all would have been injured, besides, (y/n) did this out of his own free will, he told you to help the rest of his family, he lost his original one so he couldnt see his new family be hurt as well." aizawa says sarting to cry. "dammit kid, these girls need you." he says under his breath.