chapter 96: who will pass?

after the hostage fight everyone goes into a different room and take the written exam. "ugh! i totally bombed that!" mina complains as everyone walks out, "im sure you did fine mina." eijiro reassures, "nope. we definitely both failed." kaminari confirms, "come one guys, mera is about to start talking again!" you say. "well unfortunately many of you did not do well on the written exam, however you still have time to prove yourselves." mera says, "yes!" mina cheers. "now on to the last test, you have now proven yourselves in hostage situations, and combat against many enemies, however now we will be simulating a threat that is becoming more and more prominent. when this test begins the walls will fold down and you will be presented with many different paths, each path will have a different opponent. some will have villains, some will have robots of different kinds. begin." as mera says this the walls all unfold and you are faced with over twenty paths. "we need to stick together guys!" izuku says as a few of your classmates run off. "its fine izuku, we cant all go together anyway, otherwise some of us might not pass." ochako reasons, "your right. but lets still stay in groups." he says.

after a few minutes you are running towards a small ruined town with kyoka, tokoyami, mina, shoto, and koda. "who will be my next opponent?" a loud voice booms, "did anyone come here before us?" you ask your team quietly, "yea, some people from other classes." kyoka replys. "ill move up, you guys hide." you say before starting to walk through the streets. "interesting..." a voice says above you. you immediately look at where the voice was only to see a shadow jump away. "(y/n)!" you hear kyoka yell behind you, you run back and find an unconscious shoto, missing kyoka, and tokoyami protecting a hiding koda and mina. "where did she go?" you ask, "somebody took her, it looked like kamui woods maybe." tokoyami replys, "alright, where did they head?" you ask, "west." shoto says as he sits up, rubbing his head. "you good?" you ask, "yea, im fine. but i dont think kamui woods was our main enemy, the first voice we heard was feminine." shoto explains, "true, you take these three and go for her, ill get kyoka." you say, "sounds good." shoto says as he rises to his feet. "are you sure (y/n)?" mina asks, "of course i am." you say before overclocking x30 and running into the treeline.

"kyoka?!" you shout. its been over ten minutes and you still havent found her. "over here (y/n)!" you hear her shout, as you run closer you see kamui woods restraining her in wood. "took you long enough." he says before throwing kyoka, you jump towards her but she suddenly disappears midair. "where did she go?" you ask kamui woods confusedly, "its just part of the test. return to your group." he demands. "where is kyoka?" shoto asks when you arrive, "dunno, she disappeared. kamui woods said everything was fine though." you answer, "whatever, our target is mt lady, she already knocked out koda." shoto explains, "alright." you say before jumping onto a building. from your height you are able to see her engaged in combat with another group a few blocks away. "over here!" you shout, "must be mina and tokoyami. we got separated." shoto says, 'how did i not notice that?' you think while running towards them. "dangit! you ruined my shoes!" you hear mt lady yell as you get closer, "ashido! behind me!" tokoyami demands as he hears you approach, "just me and shoto!" you yell before attacking mt lady, "this should help a bit." shoto says before freezing her up to her calfs. "now a challenge!" she says with excitement, "sure, tell yourself that." you say before punching her in the head, knocking her out. "was that it?" mina asks, "i doubt it, there are probably more or so-" "alrighty then. the people who defeated mt lady please head to the exit gate, you have passed." mera says, cutting you off. "well i guess lets just go then." you say as you begin to walk.

after around an hour everyone had either passed or been defeated. "we will now be showing who passed on the large screen, if you do not see your name please report to the front desk." mera says as everyones names pop onto the screen. "honestly, im surprised i passed." mina admits, "well, luckily everyone in the class passed." you say with a smile, "for those of you who did pass, please return to the bus that got you here." when mera says this your whole class begins walking away. "what did you guys have to fight?" izuku asks the class, "a fucking blast proof robot." katsuki says in irritation, "i had to fight fat gum, it was pretty rough." eijiro admits, "me and (y/n) got kamui woods and mt lady." shoto explains, "odd, i thought kamui woods had an interview today." izuku says, "probably just a diversion." tenya reasons, "true." izuku agrees. after a few more minutes of talking you arrive at the bus and aizawa begins counting heads, "uh, (y/n)." aizawa says nervously, "whats up?" you ask, "where is jiro?"