chapter 151: the rejected hero

*SPOILER*
this point of the story and forward will contain manga spoilers. they are fairly irrelevant to important storylines, however backstory and quirk advancements will be revealed about twice and toga.
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

"so uh, where am i supposed to sleep?" you ask, "you can either claim a bed, or sleep anywhere else." twice answers. "alright. im guessing you guys have quirk suppressing bands too?" you ask, "yep! although we know how to take them off." toga says quietly, "uh, alright then. im gonna go train in the gym." you say while standing up, "why? none of us are ever getting out of here." twice sighs, "not with that attitude. if they took me out of my maximum security cell, then an outside force clearly forced them to. all im hearing is that i might have a second chance. if i let that go, then i would be no hero." you say before going to the gym.

over the next few days, you notice the white haired man watching you with the pink woman. after making eye contact makes you mess up a deadlift, you confront them. "what do you want? why do you keep watching me?" you ask them, "ah, sorry to intrude. my name is gentle criminal, this is my partner la brava. we noticed you have incredible conviction, what could possibly be pushing you?" the man asks, "you dont need to know that." you say coldly, "of course, my apologies! how about we make a deal? i give you information about myself, and you can choose how much information you see fit to share." gentle proposes, "whatever. make it quick." you sigh, "wonderful! when i was your age, i desired nothing more than to be a hero! after failing the provisional licensing exam four times, i was told to give up. a few days later, i saw a man falling off a building. using my quirk-which allows me to turn anything i touch elastic-i attempted to catch him. i failed and blocked a pro hero from helping, earning the victim six months in recovery. because of the debt i gave them, my parents abandoned me. after drifting around for a few years, i became a villain." he explains. "and your comrade?" you ask, "after six years she came to me claiming to be my biggest fan. since then, she has handled everything related to technology." gentle says. "okay, fair enough. gentle criminal, you were captured by izuku midoriya, yes?" you ask, "yes." he nods, "okay, well i am his classmate. im the kid that kept going into comas. basically, i know for a fact there is a villain that could kill everyone i love out there, and she is targeting them. im training so i can protect them." you say bluntly. "i get it! you are gonna break out, right?" la brava asks, "no you idiot. this is the rehab program, so if the heroes fall, we get a chance to help. i know that there are a lot of pros that still believe in me, so if something happens to the people i care about...they will let me fight." you say before trying to walk away. "well if they do let you fight, take us with you, alright?" gentle asks, "prove to me your not worthless, and i will." you offer while walking away.

that night, while meditating on your bed, you hear someone approach you quickly. you open your eyes to see the last two people you wanted to. "ha! thought i saw you yesterday. your crimes finally catch up with you?" ojiro asks, "leave me alone." you say calmly, "why? are you trying to think of the girls naked?" mineta asks, "you know what mineta, your right. i could use a good argument right about now! i just want you to know, that even after you molested momo, i still didnt think you were unfixable. i thought maybe prison would fix you up, make you learn some respect. honestly, i was happy when you escaped. i thought you might re-evaluate your choices and fix yourself. you know what i didnt want to hear?!" you ask while standing up, "w-what?" mineta asks in fear, "that not only were you working with the villains, but you broke into momos room, again!" you shout, "oh right, that whole thing." mineta chuckles. "oh...you wont be laughing for long. both of you answer me on fucking question...did you fucking grope my girlfriend?" you ask while glaring at them. "why wouldnt i?" ojiro shrugs, "i mean, usually i wouldnt bother with someone with boobs as small as hers, but she was right there so-" you cut mineta off my kicking him in the head. "woah! people are fighting over here!" another prisoner yells while you throw a punch at ojiro. "gentle! la brava! now would be a good time to prove your worth!" you shout, suddenly ojiro is kicked in the head by la brava. looking to your left, you see that gentle threw her. 

"hey! break it up!" rock lock yells from behind the crowd surrounding you. he makes his way to you, and glares. "you again?!" he asks angrily, "minoru mineta: assault, sexual assault, and attempted rape. mashirao ojiro: assault, attempted murder, sexual assault, and he was a spy in U.A." you say bluntly, "yeah? (y/n) (l/n): murder, attempted murder, assualt with a deadly weapon, and alleged sexual assault." rock lock says back. "congratu-fucking-lations. there are security cameras in here, right? look at those and you will see that both of them confessed to molesting a kidnapping victim. said victim, was kyoka jiro: their former classmate, hero is training, U.A student, and my girlfriend. lets say you were thrown in prison your something you did twenty years ago, and find out that your wife never told you she was molested. you would just ignore the people who did it?" you ask angrily, "of course not!" he argues, "this is the same situation! put me back in maximum security for all i care, give me a death sentence, does it look like i fucking care?!" you ask, your rage starting to get the best of you. "who ever said you didnt molest her first? like i said, you were also accused of sexual assault." rock lock argues, "okay, ask the victims. like i said, i dont give a shit about my life anymore. any dreams i had? crushed. any goals? failed. the only thing i care about anymore is my family and their wellbeing." you shout before turning your back to him. you sit back down on your bed, he picks up mineta and ojiro, and leaves.

"did we prove ourselves?" la brava asks you after the crowd dispersed. "yeah, thanks. i can tell that something is happening out there...last i heard gang orca was supposed to be the pro here. for some reason, he cant be. something is going wrong...so its time for me to build a team." you say before turning to them.

"welcome to the cavalry."