chapter 158: nomu?! (pt 3)

*shoji POV*

after viewing the video from voleraty, a countless amount of dog like creatures emerge from the ground. they seem to be like the nomu, in that their brains were exposed. they bared their fangs, and rushed me. cautiously, i bash one in the head using only one duplicate arm. it falls dead, and its counterparts continue running. 'so they are fairly weak. they must be trying to overwhelm me.' i think before going on an all out attack. after a full fifteen minutes, i still havent beaten that all. i hear pounding on the door to the warehouse, and someone shouts. "backup is here! are you able to open the door or should we break it down?" a male voice asks, "dont worry about me! i have it covered! go find my less battle focused classmates!" i shout while killing another dog. "got it!" the voice says. 'good, everyone else has backups.' i say while examining my injuries. one of my real hands got bitten off, and countless duplicates scatter the floor. there are a few bite marks in the webbing between my arms, but nothing major. "come at me you mutts!" i shout. the dogs keep running over their fallen compatriots, only to join the piles. 'i must have killed over a hundred at this point!' i think. 'its quirk must be duplication of some sort, there cant be this many!' after scanning the room, i see a pipe running across the ceiling. "perfect! arm rope!" extending one of my arms into a tentacle type structure, i pull myself up to the pipe and wait for backup.

*kyoka POV*

after hawks announces the enemys, i get brought to an empty bunker of some sort. right in front of me, a giant screen shows twenty security camera feeds. "why hello there earphone jack! in front of you are some fun things for you to watch. on each one, a different tragedy. eighteen of them contain your fellow classmates dying, and the other two are of the heroes. one inside with me, the other out with the nomu." voleraty teases. on the outside cam, i see the heroes struggling against the nomu. present mic is on the ground with a crushed skull, and best jeanist is nowhere to be found. i watch in horror as my classmates fight for their lives, until i hear a faint whispering. "plug in. plug in. plug in." it chants. i stab the ground with my last surviving jack, and hear someone talking. "she cant hear me here. my name is sarah, i want to help you. she doesnt like me anymore, not after i befriended (y/n). she is almost always in control, but when (y/n) faces her maybe i can break through. oh no, she is winning, i have to go-" with that the recording suddenly cuts out. 'what the hell?' i think while watching the screens. i walk over to the dirt wall, and try to blast it apart with my jack. it doesnt work, however i the ground outside rumble through the screen. 'fuck...im under the battlefield?!'

*sero POV*

when i get teleported to a warehouse, a creature attacks me before i can react. while running from it, i hear someone talking. 'the hell is this thing?!' i look back at it and see its back bubbling like magma. its skin bursts like bubbles, and little orbs fall out of it. each of them starts sizzling against the floor, and the bubbles start regrowing. 'this thing must be a nomu. it obviously has those bubble things on its back, so i should attack that!' i turn suddenly and stomp into its back. almost instantly, i pull my foot back and see how fucked i am. all the skin burnt off, so the muscle and bone are out in plain view. "of fuck! thats not good!" i fire tape at the wall, and pull myself up. while hanging, i try to move my foot and fail. 'i need to kill that thing!' while panicking, i somehow come up with a plan. 'maybe if i stay up here, it could burn through the wall? then i could get backup i guess.' i think, however that plan is quickly dismissed when the stupid thing starts climbing. "plan B i guess!" i exclaim before firing a ton of tape at it. the nomus back dissolves my tape instantly, and it keeps steadily climbing. 'oh, fuck it!' i reach into its back right as a bubble pops, feeling my hand corrode. before i lose full use of my hand, i start grabbing and squeezing at whatever i can. after feeling something burst, the small nomu falls off the wall and i pull out my hand. 'fuck. this one is even worse...'

*tokoyami POV*

after more villains appear, i am transported to a warehouse with open top. a video plays, and a nomu climbs from the ground. it seems to be a black nomu like the one at the USJ, however it is extremely skinny. almost like a stick man. for several minutes it doesnt move, however i stay on guard. "tsukuyomi...death arrives!" it exclaims, "so, your name is death? i apologize, but i cannot let this fight even begin. black fallen angel!" i pull my cloak off and turn it into a makeshift cape, and dark shadow hides under it. he uses his levitation abilities to carry me out the top, however when i land on the roof something hits me in the back. "you cant escape!" death shouts. looking back at it, i see that death stretched his arm out and grabbed me. "dark shadow! look for help!" i demand while trying not to fall back into the warehouse. luckily, within moments dark shadow returns. "ingenium and mindjack are on their way!" he reports. "wonderful, they should be able to help." after less than a minute, the two arrive. "you need help tsukuyomi?!" iida asks, "yes, i-" before i can continue death pulls me back into the warehouse. i hit the floor with a thud, and death wraps its arms around me several times over. "i am here for one thing...your blood!" it starts to glow brightly, and constricts me like a snake. "help me! ingenium! mindjack!" i shout. just before losing consciousness, i see the two drop down, dark shadow with them.

*shoto POV*

while hawks identifies the villains, i lean over to izuku. "something is-" i get cut off however, by teleporting into a warehouse. "-up." i sigh. a video plays from voleraty, and a nomu claws its way out of the ground. unlike previous ones, it seems to be yellow. it mindlessly walks towards me, and i try to freeze it. the nomu doesnt stop but breaks the ice. 'fire it is.' i shoot as much fire as i can at its head, hoping to burn it to death, however it doesnt even flinch. 'not good. i should try to identify its quirks.' i think while putting my arms up to block any attacks. as it moves closer, i realize why its so odd. it has a metallic sheen on its skin, and doesnt blink. 'a robot?' i think as it approaches. when it gets close enough to attack, it headbutts my arms, causing them to burn. 'shit, i only helped it!' i think in concern. i rush to the opposite side of the warehouse, and decide what is the best option. 'maybe a flashfreeze heatwave? it could overpower it...' i think while it approaches. in one motion, i coat the right side of the room in ice and start focusing. "this needs to be hot...hotter than endeavor...hotter than dabi...use all the oxygen in here...open a new hole and use more oxygen than that! flashfreeze heatwave!" i exclaim before shooting a massive wall of deep blue flames. my arm burns, and a giant blast follows.