chapter 141: the 'trial'

(IMPORTANT) i did a thing! i have released a book that i recommend you read before this chapter! its called the protector: origins. it ties into this chapter directly, along with giving some of the first chapters a reboot! nothing overly important happens in the rewrites, however the backstory does matter! before reading this chapter, PLEASE go check out the other story!

you wake up in a cold sweat. 'what the hell was that?' you think in a panic, 'w-were those my memories?' you think to yourself. after taking a minute to wake up, you rush to aizawas dorm. "i have information!" you yell while bursting into the room. you then notice several pro heroes sitting around the table. "what (y/n)? we were planning our defense." aizawa asks irritably, "i-i had a dream." you say, "so what?" he asks, "it was my memories...and i think i know who voleraty really is." you reveal.
after telling them everything you know, they send you back to the dorms to get ready. "come one (y/n)! put on the suit!" mina begs, "why?! its a trial!" you argue, "that means you have to look good!" mina orders, "fine, gimme those." you say before ripping the clothes out of her hands. you put them on and walk out of the bathroom. "you look so good!" mina says, "whatever." you  sigh.

after a few hours, it was time to go to the assembly hall. "where are we gonna sit?" sero asks, "wherever you want on the left side of the stage. the people opposing us are on the right side." aizawa says boredly, "do we have any sort of plan?" iida asks, "yep. dont get (y/n) arrested." aizawa answers while everyone walks onto the stage. "thank you for coming everyone! today we are here to hold a press conference to prove (y/n) (l/n)s innocence." nezu says, "how do you all align your beliefs?" a reporter asks, "everyone on the right side of the stage wants him arrested, everyone on the left believes he is innocent." nezu answers. "so number three hero: best jeanist, number four hero: edgeshot, number eight hero: wash, several others, and even the american number one hero, anti-matter are all hoping for the students arrest?" another reporter asks, "yes." nezu says bluntly. 'they are all really against me?' you think worriedly.

by the time everyone is seated, the reporters are already almost rioting. "a question for (y/n) (l/n)! do you regret your past actions?" someone shouts. "of course i do. not only did i start off on the wrong side, because of my actions i caused my sister to be killed. not a day goes by where i dont regret losing her. the only reason i ever attempted redemption, was because principal nezu believed in me. the only way he even got me to try, was saying that if i lost all purpose in my own life, maybe i could give that purpose to someone else." you explain sadly. "is that why you are so protective of the girls in your class?" someone asks, "yes, every since the USJ incident, i couldnt just stand by and watch them get hurt." you answer. "you mean his goddamn harem? he has gone on record to say that he has slept with all of them." rock lock says. "dont." you warn, "and why the hell not?" he asks, "go nuts (y/n)." aizawa says, giving you permission. 

"okay, lets fucking go. now that i have permission, your gonna regret opening your damn mouth. first of all, yes, i find it funny when my FRIENDS accuse me of having a harem. its been a running joke pretty much all of high school, its funny because its FALSE! second, have you every heard of a sibling? yes, i have slept with them before, because either we were having a sleepover, were sharing a room, or they were just not fucking okay! do you have a little brother or sister?" you ask rock lock, "well no, but-" "then shut the hell up! do you want me to claim what is feels like to be a father? think about this, your kid was murdered in front of your eyes, you fell into a deep depression for about a year and a half, you were put in charge of protecting another child, what do you do? you protect them with everything you have! i failed the first time, so im not failing again! third, each and every one of the girls have their own loving boyfriends. they can choose whether or not they want to reveal themselves. i also have my own girlfriend, and have since before the harem jokes started. overall, dont try to pretend you know shit you dont, and FUCK YOU!" after so much yelling you have to sit down and breathe for a minute. "been a while since i saw angry (y/n)." kyoka whispers in your ear, causing you to chuckle. rock lock sits down awkwardly, and the crowd is completely silent. "i believe that shows in one fail swoop how protective (y/n) is of the girls." nezu says with a laugh. 

"u-uh, a question for class 3A. have you ever noticed suspicious behavior from mr (l/n)?" someone asks nervously, "not at all! every time something bad has happened, (y/n) was always there, ready to help. even when he was injured, he stepped in when he needed to." momo says, "yes! like she said, (y/n) has always been super reliable, to a fault even!" izuku explains with a grin. "a question for those looking for mr (l/n)s innocence! why? why should we let a criminal run amuck in our streets? let alone be a hero?" the reporter asks, "because i would wager that every hero has a rough past. one that if found out before they made it big, could have ruined their careers." endeavor answers, "i agree. not only has (y/n) proven himself time and time again, but he is less than a year away from graduating from the most prestigious hero school there is. if he were not a true hero, why bother? after gaining our trust immediately, any traitor would attack while we were defenseless." all might adds. "i agree, however what if this is part of his plan? he has been proven to know how to deceive and lie, fooling even his closest friends." another reporter argues. "while that may be true, i can promise on my own record as a hero, that he is the most heroic person you will ever meet." all might says. "oh, is that the case?" anti-matter asks, "what if i told you all that he has lied to everyone in this room?" anti-matter asks, you notice aizawa start to get anxious while your classmates look at you in confusion. "not only does he have a lot more power than he lets on, he claims he does not." anti-matter reveals, "i-is that true?" mina asks you. you stand up, and reveal the truth.

"everything he has said is true. currently my official record says that i can only go to x45 safely, i believe. in reality, i can go x70. thanks to anti-matter and his experiments, i have found out my absolute limits. while overclocked x70, i can travel about 99% the speed of light. using overblasts at x500 it will shred my arm, and at x750 it will blow my arm up, and send a beam with the power of a missile." you reveal, "so you just hid this power?" edgeshot asks, "yeah. i never wanted to be the number one hero, i knew good and well that with my baggage i could never be a reliable symbol. my plan has always been to just protect the people within my reach. honestly, as of recent, i have considered trying to teach for U.A. not once did i want this much power." you admit, "so you are just going to give up saving innocent?!" fourth kind asks, "not at all. can i reveal it nezu?" you ask, "go right ahead! it is your secret after all!" nezu says with a smile. "cool. so basically, on the HN, there have always been a few levels of emergency. i dont remember the others off the top of my head, but after i told nezu about my power, he added an extra. doomsday. for threats that rival that of overhaul, all for one, and death wraith, i wll get an alert on my phone. when that happens, i have permission from nezu, all might, endeavor, and several others, to engage in battle. i hope a threat like that never happens, but if it does, i will help." you say confidently. "before we finish this, i believe (y/n) also has some information." aizawa reminds you, "oh, right! im sure you all know, but the people who killed my sister were my former teammates, and i have reason to believe that one of them was voleraty." you say, "what?! how?" best jeanist asks, "i was never told her last name, but the same time my sister was reported dead, she was admitted to the hospital. her name was sarah and she used to go by myst, back in america at least. her quirk let her cause illusions and hallucinations. those of us who are involved in the case, already suspected that voleraty didnt actually have a time manipulation quirk. when i killed her colleague, known as cutthroat, i also tried to kill her. i threw a machete through her chest and thought she bled out. we have done research and found that she disappeared overnight. meaning she is still out there, and has a grudge against me." you explain. "all in all, we want to offer an agreement. (y/n) loses his provisional license until he graduates and gets a pro license, and he gets put under strict watch by either U.A staff, or if you would prefer hero association staff, and he is allowed to continue his studies." nezu explains. "that ends our press conference, thank you." nezu says while everyone begins to leave the stage. 'so now we just wait...'