chapter 93: change

about a week after momo was attacked you were told to go to nezus office, when you arrive you see tsuyu sitting there as well. "whats up?" you ask curiously, "unfortunately today while your class were doing training exercises the pestilence showed their faces again, this time the targeted uraraka and asui." nezu says grimly, "where is ochako?" you ask, starting to get worried. "in the infirmary, asui could you please explain what happened?" nezu asks calmly, "well, this time there was someone new with warp, she looked like she hadnt eaten in months but was extremely strong. she took me by the neck and forced ochako to activate her quirk, the moment she did the lady threw her up super high. while the two villains were escaping everyone was trying to help ochako, she was high enough that if she fell and someone caught her she might get whiplash. after a few minutes of panicking we made a plan: she would fall and before she hit the ground use her quirk and slow her descent before izuku grabs her." tsuyu explains, "did it work?" you ask, "it would have, but ochako ran out of air and passed out. when she did her quirk deactivated, thats when izuku used a quirk he never told anyone about. all for one had a instant teleportation quirk and he kept it. he was able to save her but from the fight before she was in the air she had a broken leg." tsuyu answers, "is she gonna be okay?" you ask nezu in a panic, "yes, she should make a full recovery." nezu replys with a smile.

after talking for a few more minutes you are able to go visit ochako. "are you okay?!" you ask while bursting through the door, "wha? oh, (y/n). yea im fine!" she says, "im so sorry i wasnt there to help..." you say. 'the one day...the one day that i sleep! of course...' you think. "(y/n) it isnt your fault." ochako says with a smile, "yes it is...i shouldnt have taken that damn nap!" you say angrily, "(y/n) even if you were there you couldnt have done anything, if you saved me the tsus neck would be snapped, if you saved her i would still have been stuck floating." ochako argues, "your right...its just so hard. you guys are my whole world, my whole reason of living. its really difficult to accept that one of you got hurt and i couldnt do anything." you say sadly.

 "i know (y/n). normally i would say that you cant save everyone...but you can. you can save us, but not if every time you fail, you become less and less human. you have changed a lot since we first met, most for the better....but you became a lot more intense. it almost feels like just a dream when i look back at more fun times, we all still care about you but...i think you are taking this too seriously. what happened to that fun loving, funnily overprotective big brother?" ochako asks. "i-im so sorry..." you say before walking out of the room.

over the next week you actively try to avoid the girls, however thoughts keep repeating in your head. 

'did i change that much?' 

'am i too serious?'

'how did i forget my one goal?'

"(y/n)!" aizawa shouts, snapping you out of your daze. you are currently working on grading homework with him. "sorry." you say quietly, "what has been upsetting you recently? even when asui was attacked you seemed very out of it." aizawa asks, "its something ochako said...have i really changed?" you ask suddenly, "what do you mean?" he asks curiously, "well, ochako said that i changed a lot. some for the better, but some for the worse. she said that she missed the old me, the fun loving, kinda overprotective older brother. that now i seem almost militaristic." you explain, "well, shes right. ever since you were kidnapped you have been a lot more strict." when he says this your heart sinks. "is there any way i can fix it?" you ask hopefully, "well, i think your problem is the overwhelming guilt. the guilt that even when you were there, the girls might still get injured.the guilt that you were powerless. but i think you need to remember that all of them are heroes in training, just as much as you are. you need to remember that they can still protect themselves." aizawa explains. "your right. i need to go fix this." you say before running out the door and sprinting to the student dorms.

when you arrive you immediately call the girls into kyokas room. "what happened?" mina asks worriedly. "that. that exactly, the fact that i messed up. i cant even call us all together without you thinking something is wrong." you explain, "sorry." mina apologizes. "dont apologize, its my fault. i have been way too strict and serious." you admit, "its okay (y/n)..." ochako says guiltily, "no its not. i was being an asshole. i want to change that." you explain, "how? you cant really just tell the villains 'oh hey guys! im being an asshole so stop trying to kill my family please!' now can you?" mina jokes, "no, i cant do that. but i was wondering if tomorrow night you guys wanted to play some games?" you ask, "sure!" tooru says immediately, "im fine with that." momo says while tsuyu nods, "sounds fine to me." kyoka says, "me too!" ochako agrees excitedly, "this is gonna be so much fun! im inviting some of the boys!" mina says before darting out of the room. "she realizes that its tomorrow night, right? not tonight?" tooru asks, "hopefully. although to be fair it might take that long to get katsuki to agree." you joke. "thank you for taking my advice to heart (y/n)." ochako says with a small smile, "its no problem ochako. this last week i havent been able to get it out of my head..." you admit, "that explains it." momo says, "what?" you ask, "the fact that you didnt even check if i was okay when the pestilence attacked me. im not upset or anything by the way." tsuyu answers, "sorry."