chapter 174: graduation!

the six of you are sprinting trough the streets, a hostage robot on izukus back. "where are we gonna set up?" tenya asks, "this one right here." katsuki turns to a random building and bursts through the door. "seriously? wouldnt this be the first place they check?" sato asks, "doesnt matter. it only has one entrance, and since they would think it would be at the top, we are gonna hide it in one of the side rooms." izuku explains. you all rush up the building and stash the hostage in a random crate, then return to the bottom. "whats so special about this building?" you ask, "this is the first place we fought each other, and saw one another in action." tenya explains, "did it really leave that much of an impression?" tetsutetsu asks, "for sure. the people wo were teams for this exercise stuck together for the most part." sato explains. "anyway, it doesnt matter!  this is where the boss said to stache them! we shouldnt have any trouble here, but we should keep an eye out anyway." tenya shouts, clearly getting into his role. "right. izuku you stay here and guard it, (y/n) and tetsutetsu keep watch on the rooftops. tenya and sato, you both are gonna patrol the ground." katsuki orders, "and you?" izuku asks, "im in the air! now go!" he blasts the ground and within a second is airborne and flying away. you grab tetsutetsu and use overblasts to get the two of you to rooftops. "good luck." you wish him before hopping roof to roof with overblasts, searching for anything suspicious.

about five minutes into your patrol, you hear something metalic hit the ground two buildings down. you dash over, and see a tipped trash can. you watch the alley for a minute or two, but continue your patrol when nothing happens. after hearing nothing for twenty minutes, you glance to your right and see tons of glass shards and dust fly into the air. you overclock x70 and run across the rooftops to reach it in moments, "whats going on?!" you ask loudly. you see no movement, so you drop down to the bottom of the completely scorched and ruined building. 'this isnt the one izuku was guarding...' you think while approaching. "izuku? sato? katsuki? who the hell did this?" you ask confusedly. "WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" katsuki lands next to you with a slide, staring at the building. "you didnt do this?" you ask, "of course not! did you?!" he shouts, "if i did, why would i be asking you?" you ask him, "fuck off!" he starts scanning the surroundings steps back into the road. you follow his gaze and see tenya and sato running down the road, tetsutetsu following closely behind on the rooftops. "whats going on?" tenya asks, "we dont know. this building just exploded." you explain. "think there could be people hiding inside?" sato asks, "easy way to find out." you send a few x50 overblasts into the base of the building, and it soon comes crashing down, leaving a large chunk of metal poking out of the metal, completely unscathed. "well there you have it. thats yaoyorozus super move, right?" tetsutetsu asks, "yeah, but that isnt just metal anymore. its the same stuff my rope is made of. no way in hell we can break it, but it has to be totally hollow, and it still probably took a ton out of her. i would be surprised if she can even move anymore." you explain. "hollow, eh? so we can flush them out!" katsuki jumps onto the mound and starts creating small explosions in his hand while its pressed against the metal, heating it up. "keep at it katsuki! it wont flush them out, but since your explosions are from nitroglycerin, it should be able to melt even this given a few minutes." tenya explains. "perfect!" katsuki growls.
a few minutes later, there is a hole in the metal, white hot and dripping. "move aside! i got this!" tetsutetsu turns to steel, and drops through the hole. "dammit!" he screams, "whats wrong?" sato asks, "they tunneled out! they arent here!" he announces. "son of a bitch..." katsuki grumbles. suddenly, an announcement comes over the loudspeakers. "the heroes have won with four casualties, everyone please report back to the viewing room." aizawa orders.

as you all return, you see izuku, momo, eijiro, ochako, and shoji all being wheeled out on stretchers. "i cant believe that worked!" mina cheers, "me neither." tooru admits, "what the hell did you guys do?" katsuki asks bitterly, "yaomomo made a casing of her unbreakable metal, then enough explosives to blow out the building. unfortunately that left her wide open for izuku to take down, but it worked as a distraction!" denki explains, "well good job everyone. you are dismissed."

after a couple more days of school, saturday arrives. you gather the girls in the sleepover room, and at first the seven of you just sit in silence. "so this is it..." mina says sadly, "tomorrow is graduation. this is the last time we will get to use this room." tsuyu adds. "in a while i wanna bring everyone else in here to have a fun night, but first...one last time...mina: truth or dare?" you ask with a smirk, "oh hell yeah! dare!"
after an hour or so of playing truth or dare, you call everyone else in. "whats up?" sero asks, "we only have one night left to all be together, so i figured we should spend it together." you explain while everyone settles in. "that is true. several of us are leaving the day after tomorrow." mezo agrees, "how is the agency coming along?" izuku asks, "endeavor has been helping fund it, and is also working with aizawa and i on the design of it, construction started this week, so its still several months out." you admit, "at least its happening." tooru says happily, "yeah, and in the mean time aizawa already did the paperwork to start his own agency, so when we graduate we just have to sign some things and then we can officially do hero work under the 'united' hero agency." you add. "perfect. who wants to play some games?"

the ceremony goes by in a flash. everyone from pro heroes, to parents, even some underclassmen are all in the audience. after everyone accepts their diploma and hero license, the class is all called up to the stage. "now the class representative with a few words, (y/n) (l/n)!" nezu announces. "i dont have much to say, just that i am very proud of this class, and everything they have accomplished. with these people as our next generation of heroes, the future has never looked so bright!" you walk back to your place, and the emotions take over you. you see mika looking at you with a soft expression, justin, michael, and caitlin ashido with tears in their eyes, and even more people you vaguely recognize. "(y/n)!" you hear izuku scream in panic, but his voice sounds muffled. before you can process a thou-

*BOOM!*