chapter 37:surprise

"what!? impossible!" you hear distantly, you open your eyes to see a hospital room, you sit up and look around. you see recovery girl, and some doctors along with you new parents. "how are you alive!?" recovery girls asks, "are they safe?" you demand, "the girls? of course they are." she replys confused. "oh, thank god." you say breaking down into tears. "mr (l/n), do you feel any pain?" a doctor asks, "no, but i might need a therapist..." you reply, "why? what did you dream?" caitlin asks, "the girls...they said i was too late, useless, unlovable, horrible. it wasnt them saying those things that hurt the most though, it was what i saw...they were in the worst positions i have ever seen..." you say starting to cry, "first, momo appeared like i think she did in her nightmare, then ochako and all my classmates were in a pile, dead, she sat up and said i was too late, then mina and you were standing in a line, she said i failed. you all dropped dead, then tsu was alone at the halloween party, crying in a corner saying i let her down, tooru was in the alley...i didnt save her. then, worst of all, kyoka appeared, she said she never loved me, then overhaul punched through her chest and pulled her in half. after that he stepped aside revealing eijiro, izuku, and shoto all slowly being killed and tortured...then behind me...i heard my parents say i couldnt save my friends, just like i couldnt save them..." you say bawling. "its okay (y/n), the girls are all alive and well, so are the boys, in fact...we need to go." recovery girl says, "why?" you ask confused, "all your classmates are putting on a concert in your honor at the school festival." she says quickly, "okay, but why are my new parents here?" you ask confused. "oh (y/n)! im soo sorry!" caitlin says giving you a hug, "seeing as you were on life support, they had a choice, from what we could tell you were suffering, so they decided to pull the plug, however instead of dying you woke up." the doctor explains, "its okay guys, i would have done the same thing, especially if the girls are still grieving, they would need to get over me eventually." you say, "but if they had false hope i might live, than that would never happen." you continue. "now where is this concert?"

you arrive just in time, you walk in and see aizawa and present mic. "hey guys!" you say. "what!? how are you alive!? i thought they were pulling the plug!" aizawa says hugging you, "they did, then i woke up." you explain, "good, i wouldnt want you to miss this, and on your way here recovery girl explained your nightmares, and i want to tell you that they are all perfectly fine. in fact, see for yourself." he says gesturing towards the stage, as you see kyoka walk out you start crying. "before we start, i just want to say that this song is dedicated to my best friend, classmate, boyfriend, and hero, (y/n) (l/n), three months ago he was put into a coma trying to protect some of my other best friends, and a young girl, he wasnt expected to make it. he is now still in the coma but in stable condition, we are still unsure if he will wake up, but if he does, ill be waiting." kyoka says, "kyoka..." you say lovingly, 'the last time i saw her she was ripped in half. i will never let that happen.' you promise to yourself. "lets kill this! for (y/n)!" bakugo yells. 'even him?' you think.

"what am i to be? what is my calling? i gave up giving up! im ready to go!" kyoka begins singing beautifully. "the futures left unseen! it all depends on me! ill put it on the line to follow my dreams! YEA! tried all my life! ive tried to find! something that makes me hold on and never let go! OH! hero too! i am a hero too! my heart is set! and i wont back down! hero too! strength doesnt make a hero! true heroes! stick up for what they believe! so wait and see!" izuku then launches mina into the air, who shoots harmless acid everywhere. "what do they think of me? who do they think ill be? i could not care less, i dont wanna know! am i doing right? am i satisfied? i want to live my life like its meant to be, yea! tried all my life! ive tried to find! something that makes me hold on, and never let go! OH!" from behind the stage a bunch of stuff flies out, including an ice catwalk. "hero too! i am a hero too! my heart is set! and i wont back down! hero too! strength doesnt make a hero! true heroes, stand up for what they believe! so wait and see! people will judge, for no reason at all. yea they might try to say your dreams dumb...dont listen. they look down on me, and count me out! im going my own way, they may look down on me, and count me out! im a hero, ive got music! hero too, i am a hero too...my heart is set, and i wont back down, hero too, strength doesnt make a hero...true heroes, stand up for what they believe! yea, ill be! hero too, i am a hero too! my heart is set! and i wont back down! hero too, strength doesnt make a hero! true heroes! stand up for what they believe! so wait and see! i have met so many heroes in my life, gave me the strength, and courage to survive! gave me the power, to smile everyday! now its my turn, to be the one to make you smile!"