chapter 150: a new thread.

*kyoka POV*

after i left (y/n)s cell, aizawa looked pissed. he barged into the room and i overheard yelling. on the drive back to U.A, he finally reveals the truth. "you were all correct. the letters were fake, however (y/n) is still refusing to admit that he lied to you." aizawa explains, "why should i believe you over him? he himself told me it was the truth!" i argue, "think about what your saying. you believe that he wronged, hurt, and lied to you, but you still want to take his word over mine." aizawa points out, "whatever! im sorry i trust my boyfriend!" i yell, "ex boyfriend." he corrects. "just bring me back to the dorms. i need to interrogate tooru." i say coldly.

when we reach the dorms, i stomp straight into the common room. "tooru, get your ass down here!" i scream, gaining the attention of the class. "how did visiting (y/n) go?" ochako asks, "it revealed some truths." i say coldly. suddenly, tooru comes running down the stairs, "whats wrong?" she asks. "whats wrong is that you had an affair with my fucking boyfriend!" i yell, "what? no i didnt!" she argues, "both of you sit down immediately! we can talk like rational adults!" tenya says while getting in between us. i sit down with a scoff and wait for tooru to do the same. "alright, now that your both more calm, kyoka could you please tell us what your talking about?" izuku asks kindly. i take a deep breath and explain, "when i visited (y/n) he said that the letters were all true. he was being a dick, and called everyone by their last names." i say while glaring at tooru, "that just isnt true! will you please just trust me?! there is a reason i stayed quiet when we opened our letters, you know!" tooru shouts, "what are you talking about, tooru?" tsu asks curiously, "im gonna be honest, i was so happy when kyoka read hers out loud. because a lot like shoji, i read mine before you all. i-it said his only regret was not taking advantage of the alleyway scenario." she says sadly, "w-when kyoka said (y/n) cheated on her with me, i was so happy...because i knew it was a lie. so naturally, mine must be too." she adds. "so we are basically back to where we started? (y/n) is choosing to keep up the act?" denki asks, irritation clear in his voice. "i guess so..." i state sadly.

the next morning, we started hero training again. the school had already been open for three days, however with all might leaving we couldnt do hero exercises. "so, who do you think is gonna be our teacher?" denki asks while we wait, "aizawa maybe?" i suggest, "everyone settle down." a voice says, i look to see who walked into the room and see none other than best jeanist. "the hell are you doing here?!" katsuki asks angrily, "calm yourself, i will be taking over for all might." he says calmly. "arent you the reason (y/n) was arrested?" ochako asks, "yes, and we will no longer be speaking of him in this class. are we clear?" everyone nods and he continues, "each of you get your hero suits on and we will meet in gym gamma. make it quick." he orders before leaving. "this is bullshit! why the hell would U.A hire this guy?!" katsuki asks angrily, "i mean, he is the new number one hero..." izuku says.

after everyone arrives, best jeanist begins teaching. "each of you will be on your own for this exercise. your mission will be to defeat me, one by one." he explains, "good, i can get my revenge." i hear katsuki grumble. i am chosen to go first, and enter the gym with best jeanist. he walks across it and stands still. "i will not use the thread of your clothing, as that may cause a wardrobe malfunction, however i have been supplied with razor sharp wire. tread carefully." he taunts. suddenly, his hands move and i notice the gym start filling with tripwires. i touch one ever so slightly, and it cuts into my finger. "this is to demonstrate quirk control. i will be relying on my quirk alone, not even allowing myself to move." he explains. 'those things hurt like hell, and are equally dangerous. one wrong move and i could lose a limb.' i think fearfully, 'hold on...can they even do that? recovery girl can fix broken bones, but she couldnt heal my jack. her quirk speeds up recovery time, it doesnt regenerate!' i think. "are you going to give up?" best jeanist asks, i steel my nerves and respond. "not a chance! not after what you did to (y/n)!" i yell before slowly walking forward. "in case you havent noticed, those threads could cut right through bone." best jeanist warns when my leg hits the first wire. i push forward, and he retracts it before it can do anything other than give me a giant gash. "clever, but can you still move? are you willing to sacrifice more of yourself?" he asks, "yes...because (y/n) would too!" i yell. quickly, i start sprinting towards him. i keep my jack by my neck, and feel myself get cuts all over my body. after thirty seconds of agony, i finally reach best jeanist and punch him in the face. "well done, please send in another student." he says before retracting all the wires.

i wobble my way outside, and see everyone stare at me in horror. "d-denki...your up."i say softly. he walks in, and mina runs up to me. "are you all right?! what did he do to you?!" she asks, "it was my fault for getting hurt...i wanted to be like (y/n)." i say before passing out.