chapter 140: confession

"so...what do you want?" aizawa asks, "i want to tell you something, i would rather you hear it from me than down the grapevine." you explain, "why? is it important?" he asks, "well, first, what do you know about my past?" you ask. "i know that nezu brought you here from america as a transfer student, i am unaware why though. your parents were very well off, and one of them was in the medical industry. beyond that, i know nothing else." he answers, "thats probably best...even when i first started attending U.A i was driven purely by spite and remorse. so first, i should probably start from the beginning." you say before taking a deep breathe.

"it all started when i was seven. i was an absolutely horrid child, i bullied people, beat them up, and got into trouble. my parents were pretty neglectful, unless i came home beaten to a pulp, they didnt care. of course, that combined with a powerful quirk, meant i was a big threat. when i was eleven, i was attacked by villains. they told me that either i could join them, or they would kill me." you reveal, "so you fought them, right?" aizawa asks hopefully. "not at all. i joined them. they werent all that dangerous, but the group was responsible for about fifteen deaths. after about a year, i decided that i didnt like the lifestyle, but i enjoyed the fighting. i became a vigilante. i never accomplished much, but looking back im glad that was the case. the villains i was with originally were very mad, so they attacked my home. at the time, the only person there was my little sister." you say sadly, "you have a biological sister?" aizawa asks, "not anymore...she was only five, and didnt know what i did. she believed in me to no end, honestly i only kept living because of her. but the villains, they murdered her. i killed them all in retaliation. i waited next to my sisters body until my parents arrived, they called the police. i dont think i spoke a singe word for a year after that. eventually the police got me to crack, i told them everything im telling you now. they put me in a holding cell for about a week, then nezu walked in. he heard about the horrible things i did, and thought i wasnt worth losing. he told me that if i lost my will to live, then why not try to make sure that doesnt happen to anyone else? i agreed, and he flew me out to japan. the first time i met any of the class we were attacked at the USJ, i decided to take what he said to heart, and im glad i did..." you explain guiltily. "so what your telling me, is that you are a convicted criminal?" aizawa asks, "pretty much. im honestly not sure how nezu got me out." you admit. "well, that explains some things...i need to think this over, go to bed." he orders.

the next morning when you walk downstairs, everyone stares at you. "what?" you ask, "look at the news." tsuyu says bluntly, you look at the top article. 'U.A comes out to admit that student: (y/n) (l/n) is a former villain, vigilante, and criminal!' "that cant be good." you joke, "its a lie, right?" eijiro asks, "i wish. how much detail does the article go into?" you ask, shocking everyone. "everything." kyoka says, "alright, well let me grab a bite to eat and then i can answer any of your questions." you say before grabbing an apple and sitting down on the couch. "how long were you planning on not telling us?" momo asks, "probably just a day or two. i told aizawa last night, and nezu already knew." you explain. "i mean, is there anything thats gonna change?" kyoka asks, "hopefully not. my guess is that the public get angry, nezu will probably announce something. that kinda stuff." you say with a yawn. "why are you so chill?" denki asks, "because i knew my past was going to be dug up at some point, i figured i should be the one to tell aizawa at least." you shrug. "well, after the shit we already went through with you, i dont know about these dumbasses, but i for one still trust you." katsuki says, "well, yeah! of course we still trust him! its just confusing!" mina argues, "if you used to be a villain, then why do you care so much about saving people now?" denki asks, "well, i used to have a biological sister." you reveal, "used to?" izuku asks worriedly, "yep. after i became a vigilante instead of a villain, the group i was with got mad. they murdered her in cold blood, so i did the same to them. thats why i got caught, i couldnt leave my sisters body." you say bitterly. "so thats why you were never afraid..." momo says, "yeah, i remember when i saw you and kyoka get scared at the USJ, it just flipped a switch inside me. i knew i had to protect you guys." you explain.

after a while of conversation, aizawa enters the room. "media outcry?" you ask bluntly, "of course. they are already trying to get you stripped of your license, expelled, and arrested." aizawa answers. "well, obviously. do you agree with them?" you ask, "no. at first i did, but when i really thought about it, i realized that i was in the wrong." he says. "i mean, fair enough. i had blood on my hands when i was like twelve." you agree, "exactly, which is why we are doing a press conference. this time, focused on you alone." aizawa says bluntly, "okay, who is on it?" you ask, "well, thats the thing. everyone. this is honestly going to be less of a press conference, and more of a trial. depending on how it goes, you could lose your licence and be arrested." aizawa explains, "wait, what do you mean everyone?" izuku asks, "i mean everyone. the U.A staff, this class, endeavor, ryukyu, centipeder, nejire-chan, suneater, selkie, fat gum, and several others. everyone is going to be there, some with you, and others against you." aizawa explains, "do we know how its split up?" ochako asks worriedly, "well, most are with him. that includes endeavor, hawks, suneater, nejire-chan, centipeder, and of course all of us." aizawa answers. "well then, when and where?" you ask bluntly, "the assembly hall. tonight." he reveals. "what is someone on the staff, or in the class, are against (y/n)?" tooru asks, "well, i know for a fact all the staff is with him. i would be shocked if anyone here wasnt."