chapter 133: combo moves!

the next morning sato approaches you. "hey (y/n)! jiro said i needed to make some cookies, while i was at it i figured i would bake a few other things too, but i ran out of ingredients. could you go grab some for me?" he asks, "of course! what all do you need?" you ask, "here, take this." he says before handing you a list of all the ingredients. "ill be back in a few!" you say before running out the door. before you could get too far aizawa stopped you with his scarf. "what was that for?" you ask, "you only have half an hour until school starts, where are you running off to?" he asks, "just the store, i should be back within twenty minutes." you explain, "fine. just dont be late, today is important." aizawa sighs, "right! ill be right back!" you say before running towards the store.

after getting everything you need, you look at the time. 'okay, still have ten minutes until class. i should be fine.' you think while leaving the store. "help! are there any heroes around?!" you turn to see a car crash, it looked extremely recent and both cars were on fire. "im a hero! are there any people inside the vehicles?" you ask as you drop the bags. "yes! please get my children out of there!" the woman cries hysterically, "everything will be fine, just move away from the cars." you order before running over to them. on closer inspection you realize that it wasnt a normal collision. one car appears to be parked on the street, while another one t-boned it. inside of the parked car you are able to see two crying children, on of them in a car seat, however in between the two cars there appears to be a person. you act immediately and approach the person, they seem to be unconscious. you overclock x10 and push the two cars apart, when you pull out the person you yell to the woman. "call an ambulance! his torso looks crushed!" you shout before laying him a good way away from the cars. when you return to the scene you try to open the door next to one of the children, however it doesnt budge. without a second thought you use your elbow to break the glass, cutting the older childs cheek in the process. after getting both of the kids out, you run them back to their mother. "where are the police?" you ask, "they should be here within two minutes." the woman says, "got it. please stay here for right now." you say before running back to the man that was crushed between the cars. you check for a pulse and find one, although weak. immediately you begin first aid, tearing you shirt in places to use as bandage.

not even a minute later police arrive on the scene with an ambulance. "sir, do you have a license to use your quirk?" an officer asks as the man gets pulled off on a gurney. "yes, sir." you say while showing it to him. "just a provisional licence. shouldnt you be in school?" he asks suspiciously, "yeah, i go to U.A. i just needed to pick up groceries before school, then this happened." you explain before pointing at your grocery bags. "well then, i wont hold you any longer." the officer says before walking away.
luckily with your quirk already active you are able to make it back to the dorms in five minutes, where you change into your uniform and run back out immediately. when you get to the school you realize that all the hallways are empty. 'well, im late. but how late?' you think as you approach your class, when you open the door you are met with a glare from aizawa. "how kind of you to join us. fifteen minutes late." aizawa says coldly, "sorry! when i left the grocery store there was a car crash." you explain, "fine. just sit down. and tomorrow dont be late." aizawa demands. you walk to you seat and hear mina giggle behind you.

"ashido, since you find it so funny you are in charge of catching (y/n) up after class." aizawa orders, "fine." mina pouts. "now then. because some of you have quirks like this, we will be working on combo moves today. suit up and meet me in gymm gamma within fifteen minutes." aizawa says before leaving. "so what did i miss?" you ask mina while turning around. "like, everything important! basically he said that not all quirks are fully suited for combat, but more for support. kinda like momo or koda." mina explains, "great, see you in a few then." you say before getting up and walking to the locker room. when inside you see that only izuku, katsuki, eijiro, and sero are there. "hey, if you guys didnt mind, could i bounce an idea off of you?" you ask, "sure, go for it." sero agrees, "yeah! what is it?" izuku asks, "well, heres the thing..."

after everyone got on their costumes on and met in gym gamma, aizawa explained further. "today i will have the help of both ectoplasm and cementoss, i want each of you to split up into teams of two or three and try to make some sort of ace in the hole, something that will guarantee a win." he says, "so kinda like our ultimate moves?" denki asks, "yes, but remember you want these moves to actually mean something. for instance, shinso and midoriya shouldnt come up with a combo move because shinso wants to be an underground hero, while midoriya is aiming for the top." aizawa explains, "each team will have one of my clones at a time, however if you destroy it you can always have another." ectoplasm says, "and feel free to request terrain." cementoss adds.

you look around at your classmates, you see some of them pair off immediately. izuku, katsuki, and ochako all form a team immediately. 'who would compliment my quirk?' you think, "yo, (y/n). lets work together." you look to your left and see kyoka standing there. "sure! should we have a third?" you ask, "yeah, i actually have somewhat of an idea." kyoka says before leading you to tooru. "tooru, will you help us?" she asks, "of course!" tooru responds happily.
after getting a pillar from cementoss and clone from ectoplasm, kyoka explains her plan. "i think we could do something to capture pretty much anyone. tooru uses light to blind them, i blast their ears out with my quirk, and then (y/n) goes in to either attack them or tie them up with his rope." kyoka explains, "sounds good to me, lets go!" you say before all three of you back up. "sensory destroy!" you shout, kyoka immediately uses the speakers in her boots to deafen the clone, tooru blinds him, and then you run in and use your special rope to capture them. "excellent, do you three think you would ever actually work together though?" ectoplasm asks, "i think so. im hoping to have something similar to what aizawa has." tooru explains, "i plan to be based nearby U.A" you add, "well them i make three, im probably gonna stick with (y/n)." kyoka confirms.