chapter 106: an upgrade?

"when i died, something happened." you tell the group, "what are you talking about kid?" gran torino asks, "well, before i died izuku made a poor decision and gave me one for all, when i died for a while all i saw was black, then this woman named nana shimura showed up and started talking to me. she said she was the wielder of one for all before all might, she then explained that i was dead, but my soul was trapped inside one for all." you explain, "you did what?!" ochako asks, "well i thought it would help him survive!" izuku argues, "do you still have it?" tsukauchi asks, "no, when i got back izuku took it." you say, "that was a foolish move midoriya. didnt all might tell you that while it can be forcefully given to someone, it cant be taken?" gran torino asks, "well, yea. but i figured with (y/n) it would be fine." izuku explains, "what if i actually died izuku? one for all would have died along with me." you scold. "now enough with this. he chose his decision, knowing him he knew the risks perfectly well. now why are you telling us this (y/n)?" all might asks, "well, if you no longer have one for all, then why can you still use your muscle for slightly? even before izuku gave you the extra quirks you could, i think one for all might have boosted my quirk, although i might be wrong." you explain, "well there is a pretty easy way to test that." nezu says, "alright." you say as you begin to overclock your body.

after a few minutes of gradual progression you start to feel a bit of pain. "alright, im at x70 and im starting to ache." you announce to the surprise of everyone, "what was your maximum before?" nezu asks, "around x50 i think, the last week has been a blur." you say, "okay, keep going until you are in too much pain." all might instructs. as you continue to raise your power it begins to hurt too much to handle. "okay! my limit is x75." you say while in great pain. "wow. by just activating your quirk you are already significantly stronger than almost anyone else on the planet." ochako says in astonishment. "does anyone else find it odd that he doesnt glow anymore?" izuku asks out of the blue, "oh, right. for quite a while now, i have been able to turn that on or off." you say offhandedly, "turn it on! i wanna see what color you glow!" ochako says excitedly, as you do everyone just looks at you. "what color is it?" you ask worriedly. "should we tell him?" gran torino asks after a few seconds. 

"its so pink!" ochako says excitedly, "oh. well then." you say, "(y/n) you look like you saw a ghost, pink isnt that bad of a color." all might says reassuringly, "i dont care about what color it is, i care that its pink specifically!" you say, "why?" nezu asks, "mina. she is never gonna let me live down the fact that under the correct circumstances, we are both pink." you say worriedly, "im gonna tell her." ochako says confidently, "actually, dont tell anyone yet. tomorrow morning im going to have aizawa contact you, before that what happened in this room is a secret that rivals one for all itself." nezu says before dismissing everyone.

when the three of you arrive back at the dorms you are bombarded with questions. "what was that all about?" mina asks, "did you get in trouble?" kaminari asks, "why was (y/n) there but not jiro?" sero adds, "guys, it was nothing." you say, "that doesnt sound like nothing!" mina says, "it was just homework. aizawa was making sure (y/n) and izuku were helping me." ochako says, "boring!" kaminari yells before walking away. after a little while everyone else becomes disinterested and you are finally able to sleep.

the next morning you wake up to kyoka knocking on your door. "whats up?" you ask her after getting dressed, "aizawa needs us." she says, "you mean me?" you ask suspiciously, "no. he said me, you, izuku, and ochako." kyoka says, "alright. lets go." you say before the two of you begin the walk.
when you arrive you see izuku and ochako already there. "took you long enough. now (y/n) would you like to explain to jiro what happened last night?" aizawa asks, "uh, okay...so basicaly when i died i met all mights teacher, she said a bunch of stuff about one for all and now i can overclock to x75, it makes me glow pink, and in case you havent noticed i have been able to toggle the glowing effect for a while now." you say quickly, "okay." she says after a few seconds, "now on to why your all here. (y/n) what kind of hero do you want to become?" aizawa asks, "well, as much as i would like to be number one, i dont think my past would really agree with that. i want to be the kind of hero that people can look up to and feel comforted when im around. i dont want to be intimidating, but i also dont think i would be able to be a symbol." you explain, "why though? by the time we graduate you will be super strong!" izuku argues, "maybe, but i would rather be a hero that keeps morale high. while you guys get the glory, and the money, i want to be a hero that is super approachable, but still strong." you explain, "so kinda like the police officers at fundraisers?" ochako asks, "kinda, but i would still be ready at any moment if im needed." you say, "do you want this just because it would be easy?" aizawa asks, "of course not. i want to make everyone feel safe, but then stay true to that promise as well. for instance, think if someone came up to me on the streets asking for help, if they had suicidal thoughts, or even committed a crime of some sort. i could be there when no one else is."

"like the big brother of the world."