chapter 165: a fun training session!

WARINING: this is the last point to turn back if you want to avoid manga spoilers. i wanted to avoid using them, but i feel now is a fitting time.

the next morning you wake up with kyoka by your side. you look over at her, and see her staring back at you. "hey sleepyhead." she says groggily. "what time is it?" you ask sleepily, "seven thirty i think." she closes her eyes and hugs you tighter. "well its time to get up then. we should leave in the net half hour." you say before sitting up, "fine." kyoka relents. the two of you get on your uniforms, and walk down to the kitchen. "(y/n)! your up?!" ochako runs over to you, and gives you a hug. "yep! i got out yesterday." you explain, "why didnt you come say hi?" izuku asks, "kyoka claimed him when he got home!" eijiro shouts while mina just nods. while everyone continues chatting, you make kyoka and yourself breakfast. you hand it to her, and sit down at the table. "so who is teaching now?" you ask, "best jeanist is taking over heroics, hound dog is doing english, and ragdoll is teaching modern art history." izuku lists. "okay, makes sense. but tooru, what was your suggestion all about?" you ask, "oh, well im gonna get my teaching license and apply for a job! aizawa already said i could be his sidekick, so im gonna try and follow his path!" tooru explains, "well i guess you and i are gonna get to know each other more. im in the same boat." shinso says while walking by. what about you (y/n)?" ochako asks, "i have a few ideas, but i need to talk to people individually first." you say.

later that day, after a depressing day of substitutes, it is finally time for heroics with best jeanist. before class, you approach him. "hey best jeanist, are we cool?" you ask, "if by 'cool' you mean i dont dislike you, then yes. i can recognize your strength, along with your will to be a hero. until you give me a reason not to, i trust you." he answers. "thanks." you sit back down, and he begins the class.
"for today, we will be performing a group exercise. with the recent gaps in school, and several health scares, we feel that some of you have drifted apart. because of this, we have split you all up into even teams. everyone has an envelope on their desk, please open it but let no one see." you do so, and see names written out.

kyoka jiro, koji koda, eijiro kirishima.

"these are your teams. everyone will start at once, and will need to find each other on the battlefield. they were based off of personal relationships, complimenting quirks, and even support items." best jeanist explains. "so like our first year finals?" izuku asks, "teamwise, yes." best jeanist nods. "now go get your costumes on and meet at ground beta.

when your finished changing, you head outside. everyone is waiting for you, and doing their best to look inconspicuous. everyone runs into the arena, and splits up. "the test will now begin. the last team standing wins." best jeanist says over the speakers. 'now or never!' you use a weak overblast to shoot into the sky, and wait for people to arrive. "ay man! get inside!" eijiro calls out. you duck into a building with him, and he turns to you with a grin. "what a manly play! think kyoka and koda saw it?" he asks, "your the only one i needed to find with it. we should head to the roof." you say while scanning the room for stairs. "what, why?" eijiro asks, clearly confused, "kyoka can probably hear this conversation, and koji will be searching with birds and maybe rats. we also will have a nice vantage point up there." you start scaling the six flights of stairs, and quickly make your way to the roof. "now what?" eijiro asks, "we wait. let the other teams thin themselves out, we can regroup, and then we pick them off while they are weak." you explain. eijiro nods, and then points to a neighboring tower. "koji." you smile. her spots you, and kyoka pops her head out from below the railing. "alright eijiro, hold on!" you overclock x40 and pick him up before leaping across the gap. "that was shockingly fast." you say when you land. "i know, we got pretty lucky." kyoka agrees. 'i could have sworn she ran north, not east.' you think before dismissing the thought.