chapter 171: reunited

AN: just a reminder! "this" is english, while "this" is dubbed japanese!

after the strenuous day of training, you go to see recovery girl. she patches you up a bit, and hands you are song bandage. "when you get back to the dorm building, please put this around your head. it should cover both your ears and eyes, as they are bleeding." she explains, "right, got it." you return to the dorms, only to see all your classmates in a  similar condition to you. "hey (y/n), you get beat up too?" mina asks, "yep, could you wrap this around my head please?" you ask whilst holding out the bandage. she nods and takes it from you, applying it to your ears and eyes. "thanks. do you know where kyoka is?" you ask, "last i saw she was in her room, do you need help getting there?" mina teases, "yes, believe it or not. i cant really see." she leads you up to kyokas room, and you suddenly become alert as you hear a faint sobbing sound. "what are we going to do?!" you hear kyokas muffled voice cry, "mina you can go back downstairs." you say sternly, "uh, okay." you listen for her to go back down the stairs, and are left alone in the hallway. hesitantly, you knock on her door and call out her name. "kyoka? can i come in?" you ask, "hold on a sec, my classmate is outside my door." kyoka says quietly, "no! go away!" as she shouts, you can hear the pain in her voice. "are you sure? i love you." you say, "i dont want your love right now! get away from me!" she screams back. "okay, whenever your ready just come out and get me." you sit down and lean your back up against her door.

you feel yourself drift off into sleep, and open your eyes to a pure white hellscape. white flames burn all across the ground, jagged mountains surround you, however it is all white as quartz. in front of you, is a familiar silhouette. it is pure black with glowing red eyes, the angel of destruction with its spiked wings you saw in space. you try to move towards it, but your legs wont respond. "who are you?" you try to speak, but it comes out as a muffled whisper. you turn your head side to side, seeing hundreds of people on either side. a filthy magician, a man with spiky black hair, and a boy with short green shorts standing together. behind them, a red and yellow robot, boy with odd earrings, girl with very long blonde hair, and a bald man. directly to your left is standing a man in a straw hat, a boy with a check mark hat, and a man mildly resembling all might. behind them too, are three blond men. one with dark purple markings on his face, another with whiskers, and one with a metal arm.

even further beyond all of them stand a black haired swordsman, another swordsman with orange hair, a bald boy with an arrow on his head, and a man with a devilish smile. on several outcroppings of rock on the jagged mountains, stand more figures still. a boy with pink hair, and a cursed exorcist, along with a scarred boy with ash blond hair. on another platform stands a man of stone, one bearing a shield, and a young girl with an explosive staff. on a distant hill you see a giant humanoid creature, seemingly made of flesh with a massive jaw and many teeth. the final platform contains a figure of questionable gender and blue hair, an energetic pink haired man, and a ghoul. the shadowy avatar in front of you starts speaking in a deep, raspy voice. "these are people like you...heroes from times past. none have defeated me, what chance do you have? i will be striking soon...though you cannot stop me."

you rapidly sit up as you awaken, sweat dripping down your forehead. "what was that..?" you whisper to yourself. you can still hear kyoka sobbing in her room, so righten yourself against the door once more, and start trying to figure out what the hell just happened.

about fifteen minutes later, you fall backwards into the suddenly open doorway. "is that love still available?" kyoka asks sadly, "yeah, i cant see though." you say with a small smile. "come here." she helps you up and leads you over to her bed. as you sit down, you can feel that the hand she was holding is now wet with tears. "are you okay? i know you were crying." you say, "im fine, its nothing." she grabs back onto your hand and squeezes it tightly. "kyoka you know i respect you and your privacy, as i expect you to for me, however i know when your lying. you were just sobbing for two hours straight, and i can still hear the occasional sniffle. please let me help." you beg, squeezing her hand back. "i love you." you feel her give you a peck on the lips, and lean her head on your shoulder. after a few moments of silence, she starts whispering. "my dad is in the hospital. he had a concert the other day, and someone tried to kill him. they shot him in the head, and it blew off part of his skull... the paramedics were able to get there fast, and a hero apprehended the shooter, but my dad is in critical condition. even if he survives, he will never recover. the entire left half of his frontal lobe was destroyed, so his cognitive functions will never be the same. even right now, he can barely form sentences." kyoka starts sobbing again, and you hold her in a tight hug, dismissing your dream for now. "if we hurry, im sure we could have izuku give him healing quirks. with enough time, he could recover." you reason, "no. we cant. izuku is on a mission with endeavor right now, out in hosu. they cant come back for at least two days." kyoka cries, "then at the very least we should stop just sitting here. lets go see him." you suggest, "we cant!" she cries out angrily, "why not?" you press, "he was on tour in europe. he was shot in london." she mumbles. "start getting packed, we leave here tomorrow." you get off the bed, rip off the bandage around your head, and start moving towards the door. "(y/n)! we cant! we have classes, and a flight that long would cost $1500 dollars and take 12 hours at least." she argues, "like i said, get packed." with that, you leave the room.