chapter 160: dig!

when you wake up, you find yourself in a hospital bed. while looking around the room, you notice izuku and sero in beds too. "izuku? sero?" you ask weakly, "oh, hey man! glad to see your awake!" sero says with a wave. "hi (y/n)..." izuku says guiltily. "what happened izuku?" you ask, "hm? oh, uh, nothing." he lies, "dont lie to me. what happened?" you ask seriously, "we...we still havent found kyoka." he admits, "alright, well then i guess ill see you later." you say while trying to stand up, "(y/n)! no, you cant!" izuku says, "give me back my quirk please." you ignore him. "no! i refuse! you need rest!" izuku argues, "fine, then im going without it. if you havent found her, then she is either hurt or trapped. either way, after three days people die of dehydration. how long have i been unconscious?" you ask sternly. "two days..." he admits. "shit! she needs my help!" you push yourself up off the bed, and start hobbling your way to the door. suddenly, you feel something stab your back. "what was that?" you ask, clearly irritated, "me. if your gonna go, at least take this back." he whispers. you feel your quirk return, and whatever stabbed you retract. "thank you, izuku. ill be back soon. with kyoka." you walk directly out of the hospital, and start running towards the battlefield, after overclocking x70. when you arrive, you see aizawa, endeavor, and even all might running around. "oi! someone come tell me the situation!" you demand. aizawa dashes over to you, "what are you doing here? you should be resting." he demands, "oh, fuck off. do we have any idea where kyoka is?" you ask, "we arent sure, but the area around the warehouse voleraty was in has rumbled a few times." he replies. you walk over to the entrance of the warehouse, and start shouting. "kyoka! i know you can hear me! please just let me know that your alive!" you scream desperately. "that wont work, young man. we have tried." endeavor says sadly. after a few moments, you feel the ground start shaking. "thats her! we need to start digging!" you shout. "(y/n), we cannot just keep grasping at straws." all might scolds, "i dont care what you say. if you dont think she is here then keep looking, but im positive she just used the last of her energy trying to signal us!" you argue, "she only has one day more, max. we all need to split up, and continue looking." aizawa orders.

after several minutes you are able to make everyone back up. you start digging, and are able to hit metal. "what the hell?" you mumble. you break through the metal, only to find more dirt. "guys! get the paramedics over here! i think i found where she is hidden!" you scream before continuing to dig. after four feet, you dig into a clearing. "kyoka?!" you scream, "(y/n)..." you hear her mutter weakly. you quickly scoop her up in your arms, and jump out of the hole you dug. "i have her! she is alive!" you shout happily. the paramedics immediately hook her up to an IV in the ambulance. "she is gonna be okay, right?" you ask anxiously, "she should be fine, as long as she doesnt get any sicknesses or injuries until she is healed. if she does, then it would make her recovery harder." the paramedic answers. "lets get going to the hospital then." aizawa says before turning to you, "your in the ambulance with me, since you should be there anyway." he says sternly.

the next day, you are sitting by kyokas side when she finally wakes up. "(y/n)?" she asks weakly, "hey there, glad to see you awake." you say gently, "since when were you out of jail?" she asks suspiciously, "your that desperate for me to leave?" she wraps her arms around you and pulls you close to her. "no, dont leave. i missed you." she says. "i missed you too. to answer your question, im not sure why im not in jail. i woke up in the hospital yesterday, and then escaped to save you." you explain, "well they better not lock you up again." she says while hugging you tighter. "ah, mr (l/n), could you please leave? we need to do some tests on ms jiro." a doctor says while walking in. "uh, yeah sure." you say reluctantly. "cant he stay?" kyoka asks, "no, im sorry. he has to go meet with the police anyway." the doctor explains. "got it." you leave the hospital room, and head down to the waiting room. "she finally wake up?" aizawa asks you tiredly, "yep, i was told i had to talk to the police?" aizawa nods and leads you to a separate room. when you enter you see the cavalry sitting with tsukauchi. "oh, hi there (y/n). glad you could join us." he greets. "hey tsukauchi." you say before sitting own. "are you okay?" toga asks in concern, "yeah, i just didnt get sleep last night. i was too worried about kyoka." you admit. "well your lucky we were able to let you stay until she woke up. it took a lot of convincing on our part." tsukauchi comments, "yeah, thanks." "anyway, we need to figure out where we go from here. because of your help, the hero association is willing to change your sentence. what do you suggest?" tsukauchi asks, "a normal life for me and toga. a license to help out pro heroes in cases like this would be nice, but not needed." twice answers. "aw! but i wanna be able to use my quirk!" toga argues, "we would also be living together. someone needs to keep crazy here under control." he jokes. "that is certainly reasonable, what about the rest of you?" tsukauchi asks, "i wanna go wherever gentle goes!" la brava exclaims, "all i want to do at this point is lead a normal life with la brava." gentle agrees. "wonderful! now then, the most ambitious im sure, (y/n)?" he asks you. "im gonna protect my family, but i will offer you a deal. wipe my legal slate clean, including anything positive. the protector has had no internship with anti-matter, but also no jailtime. im not a U.A student, but it i can pass all the necessary tests, i will become one." you offer. "i will see what i can do. for now, you five need to return to prison." tsukauchi explains. "alright cavalry, lets go!" the five of you walk straight to tartarus, and go back into the cafeteria that became your home.

as you enter, you feel everyones eyes on you. "cavalry is back!" someone shouts, "yeah, we are back. stay out of our way!" you order. everyone does as they are told, and you lead the cavalry back to the library. "any odds of us leaving again?" twice questions, "you four have nothing to worry about. your requests were fully acceptable, and you more than earned them. me on the other hand, im not so sure." you admit, "what do you mean?" gentle asks, "well, aim for the moon and you can still hit the stars. i highly doubt everything will be forgiven, but i might get a second chance at least." you explain. "anyway, in the mean time, did we ever finish that chess game?" toga asks. "no, no we did not."