chapter 121: muscular

about three weeks later you exit your final session with hound dog. "thanks again!" you say before leaving, on your way back to the dorms you run into kyoka, denki, tsuyu, and hatsume. "hey (y/n), we were just looking for you." kyoka says, "whats up?" you ask, "well we were gonna go hang out for a while, we wanted to now if you wanted to join us!" denki explains, "sure." you agree. after a little while of walking you find yourself at a cafe, everyone orders and then sits down at a table. "so denki, how do you and hatsume know each other?" you ask, "well, when i upgraded my hero suit i had to work out a bunch of bugs with her and power loader." denki explains, "yup! and ever since then he has been helping me test my babys!" hatsume exclaims, "so are you guys a thing yet?" kyoka asks, "what?! no, we are just friends." denki says, "you two would be a cute couple." tsuyu comments, "nah! im not looking for love or anything, i need to focus on developing my babys!" hatsume explains, "if you think about it, denki could be your personal battery." you point out, hatsumes face then lights up, "kaminari! lets go on a date!" she says, "w-what?" kaminari asks in surprise, "come on!" she exclaims. she then stands up, grabs his hand, and runs away with him. "is he gonna be okay?" tsuyu asks, "denki will be fine, he can thank us later." kyoka says, "oh, it looks like our order is ready! ill go get it." you say before standing up.

when you return with the food, you see a small group of people surrounding your table. "please stay back, we arent interested." you hear tsuyu say sternly, "why? im sure i could treat you better than that other kid." you hear a man say, you then clear your throat getting them to look at you. "back off." you demand, "why? what are you gonna do?" the guy asks before standing up, he is a bit bigger than you with blond hair. "get away from them, or i will beat your ass." you say before overclocking and making yourself glow red. "oh yea? how about this, you take your girlfriend and give me the other." the man offers, "no. you and the rest of these assholes are going to leave me, my girlfriend, and my sister alone. now." you say threateningly, "says who?" he asks, "are you stupid, or ignorant? you clearly dont recognize me or my friends. for one, we are all U.A students that have been training to beat up people like you. second, my name is (y/n) (l/n), or the protector. that ring any bells?" you ask, "oh no, im quaking in my boots." the man says, "okay. how about this. im the guy who killed overhaul, death wraith, was a double agent sent to invade the league of villains, and aided all might in the battle with all for one." you say, "come on kid, me and my buds just want a bit of fun. we could share them?" the man offers, "what are you suggesting? because i dont like it." you say before jumping over him and landing next to kyoka and tsuyu. now standing in front of them you continue, "the last time i checked attempted rape was a crime and i have a provisional license, so either you all are going to leave without any issues, or im going to protect them." you threaten. "so heroic." the man says as muscle fibers begin to grow off of him, "get out of here, looks like im gonna have to kill another hero." the man says as he reaches towards his face. you watch as he pulls the flesh around his eye away, revealing that it was just plastic, before putting a metal one in.

you watch the other men run out the door and the dude gets into a fighting stance. "you said kill another hero? who the hell did you kill?!" you ask angrily, "the water hose heroes, a couple. man were they fun!" the man says as his body becomes even more muscly. "now show me your blood!" he screams as he jumps at you. you overclock x40 and block the punch, however it pushes you back up against the table. you look to your side and see tsuyu and kyoka staring at you. "alright then! froppy, earphone jack, evacuate the building and then look for backup." you order while standing up. "your strong, ill give you that...but not strong enough!" you yell before attacking the man, however before your punch can connect he blocks it with one arm. "funny, i had the same thought!" he says. after trading a few more blows with him, nobody getting a good hit, you overclock x50. "huh? how are you getting stronger?!" he asks angrily. he then picks up a table and throws it at you, before it makes contact you destroy it with an overblast. when you focus on the man again, you see that he has a little girl in his hand. "what are you gonna do hero? either you can  give me those girls and let me leave, or i can crush the little one." he threatens, "no! please no! dont hurt her!" you hear a panicked voice shout, you look to see a woman being escorted away by tsuyu. "whats your name?" you ask the man, trying to distract him. "muscular. now have you made your decision?" he asks menacingly, "yea, i have. to live up to my name!" you exclaim before jumping towards the small girl, shooting overblasts behind you to speed up. thankfully you are able to grab her out of his hand before he kills her, however instead he grabs onto your leg. "fine then! ill just have to kill you both!" he says before smashing you on the ground repeatedly. throughout the entire thing however, you are able to take the brunt of the impacts so the girl remains mostly unharmed. "girls!" you shout as soon as you get a moment, you throw the little girl in their direction, away from muscular. "your such a hero! are you ready to die because of that choice?!" muscular asks whike squeezing your leg hard enough to break it. "not yet!" you yell while firing a x70 overblast directly into his face, this allows you to use you good leg to retreat slightly. "is everyone out?!" you ask the girls, "yea! tsuyu is looking for backup!" kyoka says, "good. now lets beat this gu-NO" you are cut off my muscular charging at kyoka, however you are able to push her out of the way and take the punch directly to your ribs, which you feel crack. "kyoka! run! ill hold him off!" you say, "no you wont! you shouldnt make promises you cant keep!" muscular taunts.

"he doesnt!" you hear someone shout, muscular is then kicked in the arm by izuku, in full hero gear. "another one?!" muscular asks angrily, "i got backup!" tsuyu announces as she runs over to you and kyoka, "good, izuku can handle this guy. we need to get (y/n) out of here, he has at least two broken ribs, a broken leg, and who knows what else." kyoka says worriedly, "lets go then!" tsuyu says as she grabs you with her tongue, as the three of you are retreating you see hawks fly overhead. "good. hawks is with izuku now, they should be fine." you say with a small smile.