chapter 166: another cover up

you wake up to an all to familiar room. with a quick glance around, you confirm you are back in the infirmary. "at least your awake." recovery girl walks over to you, "i suppose your in better condition than midoriya though..." she adds. you look over and see him in several casts, looking like a mummy. "what happened to him?!" you ask in surprise, "he used his ultimate move. it transcends even the strength of you. his body cannot handle it even though he can use 100% one for all." recovery girl explains. "what?! how is that possible? what even was it? it was as if he had more quirks." you explain, "thats because he does. while training with uraraka during his first year, even all might and i learned something new about one for all. for some reason, midoriya can access all the past users quirks. for now that includes black whip, float, and danger sense. there should be a few more, but i dont believe he has unlocked them yet." recovery girl says. "why are you telling me this? katsuki must have known since he yelled at him, but he never even told me about it. its obviously a secret, so why now?" you ask curiously, "because he used it on you. besides, one for all: generations doesnt leave much to the imagination." she answers bluntly. "i guess thats fair. anyway, how bad are my injuries?" you ask her, "well midoriya gave you back the healing quirks before he passed out, so your pretty much fine. whenever he wakes up next, im going to have him take them back for himself." recovery girl explains. "so for now im free to go?" you ask, "not quite. the principal should be here soon, along with the chief of police, the president of the hero safety commission, along with the top three current heroes." she explains.

half an hour later you find yourself in the staff meeting room with the aforementioned people. "if you all dont mind, i will start this meeting off." nezu says cheerfully, "it has come to my attention that both all might and anti-matter made an agreement with young (l/n) before their deaths." nezu reveals, "you what?!" endeavor glares at you, "do we have any further details?" the president of HPSC (hero public safety commission) asks. "no, but im sure mr (l/n) does." you suddenly feel everyones eyes on you alone. after taking a deep breath, you explain. 

"its no secret that i was well acquainted with both of them, so i decided we needed something beyond even the laws knowledge. it was a risk on my part, but i knew neither anti-matter or all might would get any repercussions from the government. our agreement, was that if something like that meteor ever happened, then we alone would stop it. we wouldnt send weaker heroes to die on the front lines of battle, or natural disasters, or even a meteor. we would do it ourselves. none of us wanted the agreement to ever leave that room, even in practical terms. but it did, so we upheld our bargain. the one thing we all had that we would regret leaving behind, were responsibilities. all might to train his successor, anti-matter has his company, students, and staff. as for me, i just want my family to be safe. we decided that no matter what, at least one of us would live. that survivor, we agreed, would take on the responsibilities of the fallen." you explain solemnly.

"so your expecting us to believe you? you basically just said 'hey! now that they cant prove me wrong, i made an agreement with the most powerful people on the planet! give me everything they had!' why should we even consider this?" hawks asks, "you shouldnt. honestly, i dont want any of their belongings. not their money, their land, or even anti-matters company. all i want is to make sure that i finish what they cant anymore." you answer. "from my perspective, the boy seems honest. im not saying we let a student teach his peers, but we shouldnt dismiss this either." best jeanist weighs in. "i feel the same way, especially since anti-matter only had two active students. 'heat wave' and 'tender'." the president of HPSC agrees. "as for all mights successor, the person in question does not need to be disclosed here. i have that fully under control, however." nezu offers. "so how about this, you transfer those other two hero kids here until they graduate. their housing, food, clothes, transportation, and schooling all paid for. then when they are finished with school, you give them the option to return home for free." endeavor suggests. "that might work." the chief of police says. "that would be perfect, except they are both american. neither speak any japanese." the president of HPSC argues, "thats not a problem, many of our U.A staff members can speak english. many of our students do as well." nezu counters. "well then i guess its settled. get those kids over here, (y/n) can help teach em, and everyone is happy." hawks sums up. everyone nods, and the meeting is ended.

when you get back to the dorms, katsuki stomps over to you and grabs your arm. "oi, follow me." he growls. you do, and he leads you to his dorm room. inside is ochako sitting on his bed, "what do you guys need?" you ask curiously, "about yesterday...nobody can know." katsuki growls "one for all: origins?" you ask, "obviously. we already talked to the others and they agreed to keep quiet. will you? please? izuku wanted to tell everyone, but i made him stay quiet! if everyone found out, then he would be worked to the bone!" ochako says, trying to defend her decision. "thats fine, ochako. im not gonna tell anyone. it makes total sense, and nobody needs to know." you say while patting her head. "you dont understand how important this is. not even the other heroes know about one for all. if anyone ever sees this move, then its secret will be forever revealed. you need to pretend you never saw it, dont mention it even to him." katsuki orders. "got it. what are we telling the people who were knocked out? because not to be rude, but izuku couldnt beat me without that move. i know that for sure." you explain. "simple. you went too far with your act, and aizawa had to erase your quirk. he just so happened to do so at a bad time, and izuku got a few hits in before stopping." ochako answers. "great. ill talk to you guys later, i wanna go see kyoka." you exit, and immediately go to find her.