chapter 69: his secret.

"what? did he do something? im sure he didnt mean to." you say defensively, "no, not even he knows about this yet, now i need to ask everyone in this room a question...can i trust you with the lives of several of our students? with one of the biggest secrets and cover ups in history?" nezu asks, "i dunno, im not very trustworthy." you joke, "now is not the time for joking (y/n), this cant leave this room, not even to kyoka or itsuka." aizawa demands, "what is it? you an trust me." you say, "yea, im not telling anyone." monoma agrees, "good. now listen well, my quirk is called one for all, it is a quirk passed down from generation to generation. i have already chosen my successor, a quirkless boy who still had the heart of a hero. izuku midoriya. now you heard how i said he was quirkless? well we just found out he wasnt, when he first got his quirk checked out his bones in his toes were not the most efficient, so he was labeled quirkless. however recently recovery girl ran an xray on him and found the bones had fused, my quirk did not change his genetics, so that means he has a hidden quirk that even he doesnt know about." all might explains, "wait! so he just got a powerful quirk handed to him?!" monoma asks angrily, "no, before he even got the quirk he went through ten months of rigorous training, he then only received the quirk on the day of the entrance exam." all might explains, "oh." monoma says in surprise, "hmm, what are his parents quirks?" you ask, "attracting small things from his mother and fire breath from his father. however his father has been unresponsive for years." aizawa replys, "do we know what his real quirk is?" you ask, "no, but we will be attempting to figure that out soon." nezu replys. "okay, and i cant tell anyone?" you ask, "no. if you have any concerns you can come to anyone in this room to talk. (y/n) i know how you are, in an emergency use the code." nezu explains, "got it." you say. "now, other than that nothing much will be changing, we are hiring amajiki and hado as security, and togata will be staying in the teachers dorms for now." aizawa explains, "now lets go, eri should be asleep by now."

later that night the girls had cornered you, "so what was the meeting about?" mina asks, "just the normal, nothing too exciting." you lie, "ugh! why are you no fun!" tooru whines, "its not my fault that we finally have some peace." you argue, "fine." ochako says in defeat, over the next few minutes everyone but kyoka disperses. "what really happened?" kyoka asks, "nothing." you continue to lie, "i know you arent telling me the truth." she says firmly, "come with me." you say while you walk to your dorm, when you both enter you continue. "look, i cant say much, all i can say is that it is in no way a danger to you, me, or any of the girls. i was also sworn to secrecy by our teachers." you explain, "surely they arent expecting you not to tell your girlfriend." she reasons, "but they did, aizawa called you out by name." you say defeatedly, "fine, im trusting that your still looking out for us, but you need to warn me of any danger, please also look out for number one." she says. "i am." you reply, 'you are my number one...' you think.

the next day when you walk into class aizawa gives you a questioning look, you just nod and sit down. "hey (y/n) did you and kyoka have fun last night?" mina asks when she sits down, "what do you mean?" you ask while turning around, "obviously when you both snuck off into your room!" mina says, "what did she tell you?" you ask, "she lied and said you were just talking." mina complains, "well thats correct, everything is fine." you say, 'aizawa was definitely listening to us, when i said me and kyoka were talking his eyes widened...' you think, when you face the front he looks at you angrily. "after class." you mouth to him. "fine...okay class, today we will be doing reviews, of each of you individually. for the next hour we will go over a few of the more interesting ones, then you will have a break for lunch and we will do the rest." aizawa explains. 

"first we will be doing the most interesting, (y/n)." he adds, "so come up here." when you do he continues, "what we will be judging on will depend on who it is, for (y/n) we are looking at merchandise, public opinion, popularity, and reputation." aizawa explains, "all might for example has a perfect record of all of these, however less popular heroes like myself only are good in one or two categories." he continues, "first merchandise, he had a few action figures made from third party companies after the overhaul fight, he also has his own song, however other than that he has nothing, honestly none of you are expected to. you are all second year students, not even pros yet. now next is public opinion, he has some on both sides, for example, the sports festival, the overhaul battle, the kidnapping, the several attacks on U.A, however he also posed as a villain." aizawa explains, "now who can tell me what this means?" when he asks this he calls on kyoka, "it means that even though he has made it obvious he will lay down his life for the people on his jacket, however he might not try as hard for everyone else." kyoka explains sadly, "correct, many people still think of him as a villain, thats why he changed his costume, he traded a more intimidating look for a more comforting one. although this will hopefully soon change, we have plans for every pro who has worked with or just trusts without meeting him to speak up on live television soon." he explains. "wait, so what about his popularity?" ochako asks, "he is extremely popular, just like how there is a list of heroes there is also one for upcoming ones, he is currently in the top five." aizawa reveals, "and last but not least, reputation. for civilians he is mediocre at best, mainly because of his faking being a villain. on the villain side however he has more of a reputation than most pros, he has taken down huge villainous superpowers on his own, he eradicated the league while starved, he killed overhaul while he was at full power, and he has even gone toe to toe with all for one." aizawa explains, "so how does he do overall?" mina asks, "at the end of today i will be taking all these points and make an overall list like they do for heroes." he explains, "now everyone go get lunch. (y/n) stay behind, i want to tell you some of the people that will be vouching for you..."