chapter 109: an apology

the next morning after eating some food you head to your room to study, however before long a knock is heard. when you open the door you find kaminari standing there. "hey man, can we talk?" he asks, "sure. whats up?" you ask while he sits down, "i just wanted to apologize. i already did to kyoka a while ago, but honestly i was afraid to talk about any of this with you." he admits, "what do you mean?" you ask, "well for one, back in our first year, my behavior at the summer camp was terrible. not only how i acted but what i said." he says, "its alright man, i forgave you a long time ago." you reassure, "i know. but thats not it. when you were dread, it was really hard on kyoka. i had never really seen her in a romantic way, but when i noticed she was acting super depressed i ended up trying to cheer her up. i asked her on a date and we went and spent a day together. in the end she said she wanted to stay just friends and i agreed, but i was worried you would get mad at me." kaminari explains, "well first of all, you had nothing to worry about. now off the record, not as her boyfriend, just a bro, do you like her?" you ask curiously, "no. like i said i never really felt that way about her, but she is still my best friend here by far. i just wanted to explain everything to you so you didnt think i was trying to get with her or anything." he explains, "alright. thanks for telling me man, if anything like this comes up again dont hesitate to talk to me about it. im also sorry for the shit i did at the training camp, i definitely didnt need to beat you up as many times as i did." you say with a chuckle, "yea man! that hurt!" he complains, "anyway, we cool now?" you ask, "of course (y/n)!" he says with a smile, "sounds great denki." you say.

after a little while you head to gym gamma to try and work on your quirk, when you arrive you see eijiro, izuku, katsuki, ochako, tooru, tetsutetsu, and sero being supervised by aizawa. "hey aizawa, what are you guys working on?" you ask, "new ultimate moves." he says simply, "cool. by the way, have you said anything about my x75 yet?" you ask, "no. why?" he asks, "i want to keep it a secret for now. as far as anyone knows x50 is still my absolute max, and only under dire circumstances, and im not allowed to use over x40." you say, "fair enough." he agrees, you then decide to see what eijiro and tetsutetsu are working on. "hey guys!" you greet, "hey (y/n)! me and tetsutetsu are trying to increase our skin strength, wanna help?" he asks, "sure." you agree. "great! why dont we have a friendly competition? you up your power in increments, and the first person to break wins?" tetsutetsu suggests, "sure!" eijiro agrees. "alright! first is x5!" you say before overclocking, you then punch eijiros hardened arm as hard as possible, "nothing!" he says confidently, you then move on to tetsutetsu and get the same result. "okay then! x15!" you say while increasing your power. you then hit both eijiro and tetsutetsu again, however neither budge. "uping it to x25." you say before hitting eijiro, this time you notice cracks start to form in his skin, before disappearing. when you hit tetsutetsu however, his metal completely breaks. "dammit!" he yells, "still not bad by any means." you compliment, "true, but i still won! give me your best shot!" eijiro says confidently, "okay! x40 it is!" you say before starting to glow blue, you then hit him with a barrage of punches, when it ends however he is still standing. "jeez dude! your unbreakable form is something else!" you say, "yep! its even harder than diamonds now!" he announces with pride, "wow! mine is still just steel, but it goes a few inches deep now!" tetsutetsu says, "thats amazing guys, at this point either of you could stop a bullet with ease!" you say, "yep."

after chatting with them for a while you head over to where sero is working with izuku and ochako. "what are you guys up to?" you ask, "well im trying to work on my long distance aim, specifically falling things." sero explains, "yep! ochako is floating up and then falling, sero is trying to catch her but if he doesnt im right there at the bottom!" izuku explains, "great! you guys keep working on that!" you say before making your way to tooru and katsuki.

while approaching you have to dodge several stray AP explosions from katsuki, however when you get to where they are you see that the ground has been completely destroyed. "what happened here?" you ask, "explosions." katsuki says, "well no shit, what are you working on?" you ask, "well tooru is trying to touch my back, while keeping her away im also working on curved shots. the way my quirk works is that i can ignite my sweat and make it blow up, if i ignite it in the correct order i might be able to make the explosions curve a little." he explains before turning around and blasting tooru away from him. "sounds good. have fun you two, just not too much fun!" you tease, "fuck off." katsuki says with a smirk, "yeah! what he said!" tooru says from somewhere to your left, "alright! see ya." you say before walking back to the dorms.