chapter 169: warmth

as you dash into the infirmary, recovery girl turns to you quickly. "is kyoka okay?" you ask, "she should be alright, but is extremely cold. since she had a severe risk of hypothermia, i called some of her female classmates to put her in a hot bath." recovery girl explains. "did she wake up before the others got here?" recovery girl shakes her head, and you turn on your heels. "thank you!" you exclaim before sprinting back to the dorms. on your way to the girls baths, tenya stops you in your tracks. "please stop running through the common area!" he commands, "yeah, yeah, whatever." you slow down, and make a B line straight to the baths. before opening the doors, you knock. "its (y/n)! is it safe for me to come in?" you ask, "yeah!" mina answers. you push into the room, and see the girls huddled around around a bath tub, still in their school uniforms. as you approach, you see kyoka lying in the tub, a towel covering her, still asleep. you place your hand on her forehead, and while it still feels cool, it is much warmer than before. "how long has she been in there?" you ask, "only five minutes." tsuyu answers. "what happened to her?" momo asks in concern, "mark used a new ability, he sucked the heat out of her, and she passed out on the spot." you explain. "hey (y/n)?" ochako asks hesitantly, "yeah?" you ask, "i know its kinda an awkward question, but have you and kyoka...you know...done anything? you guys have been dating for like two years, but you have been gone a lot recently, so..." she trails off, clearly embarrassed. "well, not really, no. i dont really mind, so i dont really plan on initiating anything. if she does though, i would obviously be fine with it." everyone goes into an awkward silence for a few moments, before you speak up.

"anyway, swiftly moving on, what did you guys do for heroics today?" you ask, "best jeanist made us identify our biggest weakness and strength and write a four page essay on them." tooru explains, "well im glad i didnt have to do that." you chuckle, "i know right! its so unfair!" mina agrees, "uh, im sorry guys but i need to go." ochako apologizes, "why? have a hot date?" mina asks sarcastically, "uh, you could say that." ochako answers, shocking everyone. "well dont keep izuku waiting." tsuyu says, "at least it better be him." you add. "it is! i would never cheat on him! anyway, see you guys later!" she says before running out of the room. "ill stay with kyoka, you guys should go change anyway." you say, "alright, but no looking under that towel!" mina teases, "give me some credit, mina." you sigh.

after waiting for about a half hour, kyokas eyes begin to flicker open. eventually, they meet yours, "(y/n)?" she asks, "yep, you alright?" you ask, "uh yeah, where am i?" she asks while glancing around. after a few moments she realizes her lack of clothing and starts blushing. "d-did you u-undress me?!" she asks, "no, that was the girls. you had risk of hypothermia, so they put you in there." as you explain, you hear her sigh in relief. "you know me kyoka, im not gonna look at you without permission." you say while placing your hand on her shoulder. "i know, im sorry." she apologizes, "dont be. a lot of your past...activities...werent exactly consensual." you comfort. "yeah. uh, could you go get me some clothes?" she asks, "yeah, the girls left an outfit for you over here." you walk over to the sinks, and pick up the pile of clothes. you set it down by the tub, and make your way to the door. "go ahead and come out when your ready."

as soon as kyoka exits the baths, mina runs up and gets in her face. "we need to talk!" she says excitedly, "uh, okay?" kyoka replies confusedly. mina proceeds to drag her away by the wrist, up the stairs. 'whatever.' you sigh while heading to the kitchen. when you enter, you see tokoyami eating an apple. "ah (y/n), i was just about to look for you." he says, "oh, whats up?" you ask, "could we go somewhere private? i dont really want to talk about this here." he explains, "sure, we can go to my room." when you arrive, you sit on your bed and tokoyami sits in your computer chair in front of you.  "now then, i wanted to discuss our relationship." tokoyami explains. you lean back while sighing, "sorry, im taken." you joke. "im going to ignore that." he says with a chuckle, "i know we havent interacted as much as you have as others, but i have a habit of getting attached to people that i observe a lot. at this point that is most of the class, though im not sure how to tell anyone. i dont want to be labeled as creepy, or anything like that." he explains, "thats fair, though im sure nobody here would take it that way. if you want to, you can absolutely just walk up to our classmates and they will accept you with open arms." you tell him, "im going to try. my biggest fear is that when we graduate i wont even be around you all anymore. after how many near death experiences we have gone through together, i feel protective over everyone, though i try not to show it." he explains. "i know. i have for a while. the two of us arent all that different, we just show our feelings in different ways. to be honest, you have never gone under my radar. you always are there when i need you, even when i cant be." you say with a smile. "thank you. this has helped a lot." he gets up and walks to the door, "glad i could help tokoyami!" you exclaim, "please...call me fumikage."