chapter 175: a bright future awaits

you feel a burning sensation all along your back, and your ears begin to ring. "call an ambulance!" you faintly hear someone scream. you blink, and realize that you are on the ground with a weight on your back. it disappears, and a hand forcefully turns you over. you start to make out the hazy figure of tenya standing over you, looking at you in concern. he mouths something, but you are unable to make out what. you look around and see the stage in smoldering tatters. a few of your classmates are getting off the ground, but the crowd seems fairly unharmed. looking down, you see that your uniform is mostly charred and pieces are falling off or missing entirely, along with blood scattering your body.

suddenly, you feel a slap across your face and everything slaps into focus. "(y/n)!" izuku screams in your face, "huh?" you ask weakly, "get up! mina is hurt bad!" he exclaims. you force yourself to stand, and immediately spot a burnt, bloody, broken, and dark pink body. you hobble over to it, and slump down next to eijiro. "mina...?" you as weakly, she looks up at you and smiles, "could let the villains take my brother, now could i?" she chuckles, "mina, dont talk. conserve your energy, hon." eijiro says, tears streaming down his face. "its okay baby. i cant feel it much. everything below my neck is numb." mina reassures, "thats not a good thing, mina. you neck is broken." you cry, "its fine. it was worth it." she smiles. "izuku! get over here!" as he approaches, you lower your voice to a whisper, "give her the healing quirks!" "dont. leave them where they are." mina protests. "(y/n), theyre with tsu and shinso right now. they were injured almost as bad as mina in the explosion. mina said to give them the quirks." izuku explains, "get recovery girl then, do something!" you feel mina rest her cheek on your hand, and you look down at her. "its okay, (y/n). consider this payment for saving ochako all that time ago." mina says, her bright smile not changing, "just do me a favor. live. please. not just because you have people depending on you, because you want to. i know you dont want to die. i know you enjoy your life. so keep it." she says, a tear rolling down her face. "eijiro, be an awesome uncle for their kids, huh?" she asks, he nods solemnly. "i love you both. for different reasons, but more than you could either ever understand."

with that, minas life leaves her eyes. she becomes completely limp, a cold expression staring up at the sky. eijiro reaches over and closes her eyes, before standing up. "come on (y/n)." he demands, grabbing your shoulder. you rise as well, and look around to see your classmates all with horrified expressions on their faces, and tears streaming steadily. everyone just stands for a few moments, before coming together in a big group hug. "dammit." katsuki mumbles, "it isnt your fault." eijiro says, deathly calm. "it was her choice." he adds. after the group hug disperses, your classmates start to break off and try to usher away the crowd. you move back over to minas body, and lift it up gently. "im sorry, mina." you whisper before walking over the the arriving ambulance. a paramedic runs up to you frantically, reaching to check minas pulse. "dont bother. shes gone." you say, a tear streaming down your face. "ill take it from here, i am very sorry." she says whilst taking the body from you.

you walk back over to kyoka and drape your arms around her shoulders. "hey, its alright." she comforts. "im gonna go back to the dorms for a while, please dont let anyone come after me." you request, "yeah, of course. please just remember we are all here for you." kyoka reminds you, "i appreciate it." you go back to the dorms, and sit down on minas bed. you spend almost two hours just reminiscing on your relationship with her, and how good of a friend she has been. you end up sobbing uncontrollably, but eventually sniff and gain control of your body once again. 'never again...none of them will be hurt again.'

AN: thats it! book one of the protectors story has been completed! im going to start another book soon, also MHA, but not the protector. after that though, who knows? only one thing is for certain, there is still a LOT left of the protectors story.