chapter 34: boat battle!

the day after the accident with momo you were all gathered in the common space with aizawa. "okay everyone, its time to pack up. we leave in two hours." he announces, "what!? only two hours!?" mina asks worriedly, "dont worry, ill help you pack." you tell her. "thanks (y/n)." she replys, starting to calm down. "actually (y/n), you are needed in the faculty meeting area." aizawa says. "yes, sir!" you reply. "hey girls, could one of you just throw my stuff in my pack?" you ask them, "yea, ive got it." momo replys, "thanks." you respond with a smile.

after everyone had left the room aizawa takes you to the meeting room, when you walk in you see midnight, all might, nezu, present mic, and aizawa himself. "how nice of you to join us." nezu says, "now im sure your wondering why your here?" he says. "yea." you reply, "well, when you all return to U.A we will be announcing hero work studies, however this would be the first time first years would be allowed, so we asked aizawa to choose a student that can speak for everyone and he brought you. now on to the point, do you think it is a good idea? hero work studies are like the internships except for a month, and you are an official hero while doing one. they are also fully optional." nezu explains, "well, there are some of my classmates that it would be great for, however there are some im not so sure about..." you say, "i take it you are talking about the girls?" nezu asks, "yea, its not that they cant protect themselves, but i just dont like the idea of them being at risk that much." you admit. "that is perfectly acceptable, they have become your family. now, what if we offered you a position where you could look over them?" nezu asks, "what? how?" you ask confused, "well i could have you work under me for your hero work studies, then if you fell that you need to you are free to follow any of the students to their work study. with my permission of course." nezu offers, "yes. absolutely." you say without hesitation. "wonderful." nezu says happily. "you may go now (y/n)." he adds. "thank you sir." you say before leaving.

an hour later you and the girls were waiting for aizawa to come get you. "so (y/n), what did he want to talk to you about?" mina asks, "he wanted to talk about your safety is all." you say. "how do you think we are gonna get home?" ochako asks, "a plane maybe? or a boat?" tooru says. "hopefully they learned their lesson and arent going to drop you out of a plane this time." you growl. "because if they do, not even all might will be able to hold me back." you add. "(y/n), its okay, none of us got hurt." kyoka says. "it doesnt matter, they told me you would be safe and then you werent." you say bitterly. "dont hold it against them (y/n), the only reason they held you back was so you didnt hurt yourself." kyoka says, "i would rather get hurt than any of you. especially when i promised you i wouldnt let you fall." you tell her. "what do you mean?" ochako asks, "well the ride here was the first time kyoka was on a plane, she was scared we were going to crash and fall, so i promised her i would protect her..." you explain, "but in the end i was useless..." "you werent useless (y/n)." kyoka says. "you still saved me." 

"okay everyone! there are four boats outside, five people on each." aizawa says. "okay, how are we gonna do this?" you ask, "well you, kyoka, tsu, and tooru go on one, me, ochako, and mina all have people you trust to protect us." momo says. "okay, but if their boat is full come back." you demand. after a while all the boats were ready. your boat had you, kyoka, tooru, tsu, and iida. another had izuku, ochako, shoto, momo, and tokoyami. a third had eijiro, mina, bakugo, sero, and sato. the last boat had kaminari, mineta, koda, shoji, and ojiro. "okay everyone, on the way back we will be having a little test. your goal is to be the last person on your boat, you can throw others into the water or onto other boats!" aizawa calls. "protect them!" you yell at shoto, izuku, and eijiro. "tsu, i need you to make sure these two are safe, im gonna go help some of the less battle based people." you tell her. "iida, i know you want to win, but if you throw the girls off this boat i will throw you out of the atmosphere." you tell him. "i understand." he replys before jumping to another boat, "oh, and if you can, get the rest of the girls club here." you tell the girls, "however, only let people who dont fight well, and the other girls club people in." you warn them. before overclocking your body and standing up. as you look around you spot a few targets, 'i need to get koda, sero, kaminari, and mineta.' you think to yourself. you then see that izuku, ochako, momo, and shoto are on the boat beside you. "guys! over here!" you call, leave this to me." shoto says before freezing a path over. "im getting the less powerful people, unfortunately that include mineta and kaminari, you guys are the guards." you tell the boys. "got it." izuku says confidently. "are we going to try to win?" shoto asks, "sure, but only when all the girls are safe." you tell them. "hey! (y/n)!" you hear eijiro yell behind you. "catch!" he yells before throwing mina, as soon as you catch her she starts shivering. "what happened?" you ask her. "bakugo pushed me into the water...eijiro jumped in and pulled me out." mina says. "todoroki fire." you tell him, while he warms mina you look around for eijiro. "dammit eijiro." you mutter before jumping into the water. when you go under you see him sinking, you make eye contact with him and start swimming over. he then looks at you and you nod silently saying, 'she is okay'. when you surface with him in your arms mina calls out. "guys!" "its okay, we are fine." you call back while pulling eijiro up onto the nearest boat, when you look around you see kaminari, mineta, sero, and koda. "well this work out." you joke. "okay, the boat with the girls is where you need to go." you tell them, "thats where the girls are, when we get everyone there i think shoto and izuku are gonna try to win, but protecting is our first priority, if you can get to that boat youll be fine." you explain before jumping over to it with eijiro. "good (y/n), you got him." shoto says. "yea, izuku, help me with the far boat, thats where everyone else is." you tell him, "then you guys can fight." you tell them. after a few trips you are able to get the rest of them to the boat. "okay, if you want to leave the boat you can." you tell them, izuku and shoto instantly run to try to win, ochako then gets up. "sit down." you tell her, "but i want to be like deku!" she says. "and i want you to survive."