chapter 152: cavalry

immediately after recruiting la brava and gentle criminal, you look around for toga and twice. "over here (y/n)!" you hear toga shout. looking at where you heard her, you see her jumping up and down with twice next to her. you run over to them and explain, "i cant believe im asking you this, but is there any chance you would help me?" you ask sincerely, "of course!" toga agrees immediately, "im pretty much just following toga, so im in." twice shrugs. "excellent. right now im working on a project called 'cavalry'. if all goes to plan, i will find the people that actually want to become heroes, the best of the best, and befriend them. if i can talk to one of my outside allys, then it would be this group that could help the heroes in a dire situation." you explain. "why would we help the heroes?" twice asks, "because i believe you can both redeem yourselves. what i never told either of you, is that i know literally everything about you. both from kurogiris old files, and police records. in fact, jin, i know that for a very long time you didnt know if you were real. this, combined with multi personality disorder, caused your villainy. what i noticed though, is that not once have you changed at all the whole time i have been here. i would bet money, that you got hurt. hurt enough a clone would disappear. however, you still wear that bandana out of habit. am i correct?" you ask him sincerely, "yeah...how did you know that?" you ignore him and turn to toga, "you on the other hand...seem to see the world differently due to your quirk. when you were little you killed and bloodied a bird. you brought it to your parents and said it was pretty, however they punished you. they suppressed your emotions and tried to make you normal. in middle school though, that changed. you had a crush on a boy, saito was it? you attacked him and drank his blood. after that, you evaded the law until joining the league." you list.

"you shouldnt know those things." toga says darkly, "you want to be like people you love...to the point you kill them to do so. have you ever thought that maybe, someone would want you to have their blood?" you ask curiously, "well, no..." she admits, "love is about compromise. if you really love someone, you can suppress your urge to kill them. if you love someone, then that means you would die to protect them. is there anyone like that for you?" you ask, "the league...everyone was so accepting. they loved me for me, and enjoyed my normal." she says sadly. "what if i told you that they arent the only ones? what if, i told you that i actually care about you a lot. not romantically, but as a friend." you say, "really?" you can tell she is about to cry, however you continue. "absolutely. my friends are the same way. in fact, one of my friends gives up a tiny bit of his blood an a daily basis. his quirk lets him talk to animals, and his friends lets him become what he eats. if he eats a little of my friends blood, he can talk to animals too. they compromised, because they wanted to stay friends." toga looks at you with tears in her eyes. "w-will you be my friend?" she asks, "of course." she runs at your and envelopes you in a tight hug. "consider us in, kid. what do we do?" twice asks.

the next morning, you gather your four teammates. "are introductions done now?" you ask impatiently, "why, yes." gentle nods. "good. our first mission is simple, establish somewhere of our own." you explain, "how are we gonna do that?" la brava asks, "the library is extremely abandoned, so lets use that. we are gonna move our beds in there, and thats pretty much it." you explain. "so like a club house?" toga asks giddily, "sure, however thats only step one. our next goal, is to build up a reputation. not of fear, but of respect and mystery." "how the hell are we gonna do that? we are in prison." twice asks, "by making people wonder. from now on, we dont talk to outsiders. we meet every morning at the gym, every afternoon in the main room, and we spend our evenings in here. hopefully, people will start noticing that the strongest and most recognizable are missing. for now, i need to talk to a guard and a visitor. hopefully one of them comes along soon." you explain. "hold on, so your plan is for us to work out, read, be antisocial, and wait for something to happen?" twice asks, "yep. lets be real, its more entertaining than sitting in a pretend bar all day." you shrug. "low blow, but okay."

after about a week, a guard comes through the main doors. "visitors for (y/n) (l/n)!" he shouts. you nod towards your crew and follow him to a room. when you enter, you see a plain white table with chairs on either end of it. "sit down please." you obey, and the guard handcuffs both hands to the chair. he leaves, and a minute later a door opens on the other side of the room. coming out of it, are aizawa, kyoka, tooru, momo, ochako, tsuyu, and mina. "why, hello there!" you say cockily, "cut the shit (y/n). seriously." aizawa says sternly, "what are you talking about?" you ask, "for how smart you act, your pretty stupid. did you even think about the fact that the letters contradicted each other?" mina teases. "dammit, i didnt think about that..." you admit. "so, are you ready to apologize?" kyoka asks, clearly annoyed. "yes. im sorry, i just wanted you to hate me...it would be better that way." momo shakes her head and speaks up, "dont be stupid, (y/n). even before we debunked the letters, we were prepared to forgive you." she admits, "seriously?! hell no! i wrote down the worst things i could think of!" you argue, "and they werent bad enough for us to hate you. hurtful, yes. mean, yes. damning evidence against you, yes. but enough for us to leave? psh, please." tooru says lightheartedly. "uhm, Mr. security guard, are we allowed to get near him?" ochako asks while looking at a security camera. "yes, but be extremely careful. he is aggressive." aizawa glares at you, however kyoka runs over and gives you a hug. "aggressive?" aizawa asks firmly, "uh, i might have knocked two people out." you say, "why?!" he asks angrily, "they had it coming! it was ojiro and mineta! also, kyoka, i need information like that." you say, "what is he talking about kyoka?" tsuyu asks, "well, when death wraith kidnapped me...they kinda groped me too..." clearly embarrassed, you kiss her on the forehead. "did you at least alert the staff?" aizawa asks tiredly, "yeah, rock lock and i argued for a few minutes about it. what did you guys do though? not only did i get let out of maximum security for no reason, i also wasnt punished for beating their asses." you ask. "please refrain from giving him any information." the guard says. "alright, never mind then. how have you guys been doing personally?" you ask, "good! yesterday me and izuku went on a date!" ochako says with a grin, "awesome! any details?" you ask teasingly, "uh, well, you see-" "we caught them making out!" mina interrupts. "oh, wow!" you say, genuinely surprised. "everyone at the dorms are doing fine as well." aizawa adds.

"hey (y/n)?" you look down at kyoka, her still hugging you, "d-did you mean it? when you said we were over?" she asks. you sigh, and respond. "no...but i dont want you waiting for me. any of you. you all have dreams to fulfill, families to have, a future. i dont. to be honest, im perfectly content here. from the information i gathered, in a doomsday situation, i might be allowed to help. thats all i can really ask for." you explain. "not a chance. you promised that even if you were kicked out of U.A you would still be my friend, remember? well im holding you to that!" mina argues, "please, guys. dont let me drag you down. forget about me, leave me here, i cant hurt anyone here..." your trail off while staring at kyokas scarred stub of an earphone jack. she puts her hand over it, and raises herself to your eye level. "you know what? im taking a page out of your book. im gonna be way too stubborn for my own good. when you get out of here, whether that be tomorrow or in fifty years, i will be waiting. i promise." with that, kyoka kissed you and they all leave the room.