chapter 155: the cavalry arrives!

"its your move toga." you say boredly. after meeting with all might earlier in the day, you and the cavalry decided to have a checkers tournament. "(y/n) come look at this." you glance at gentle and see him gesturing towards his book, you take a look at it and see that its about the history of quirks. "what?" you ask, "this is incorrect. it says that the first appearance of quirks was in toky, however it was in qing qing city, china." he explains, "thats...odd." you comment. "thats all, you may return to your tournament." you look back to where toga was sitting, only to find her missing. "where did toga go?" you ask, twice looks at you and shrugs, "maybe the bathroom?" la brava suggests. "yeah, probably. ill jut wait i guess." you sit back down in your chair, and wait for toga to return.

after a few minutes, she still doesnt return, however you hear a loud noise come from the main room. you and your group run in, and see a bloodied best jeanist. "what happened?!" you run over to him and bend down. "we need the cavalry, toga is already there." he says before passing out. "fuck! cavalry lets go!" you pick up best jeanist and run out of the cell. you pass a guard in the hall, and he points his gun at you. "cavalry! best jeanist burst through the door like this!" you say in a panic. "okay, give him to me. your gear should be down the hall, there are other guards there. after handing him best jeanist, you all make your way to the armory. you all get your old costumes and gear, just with a cavalry band on your arm. "i got togas gear, where to next?" twice asks, "the abandoned industrial district by kamino, there is a squad car waiting outside." a guard says, "perfect. ill use my quirk to get there fast, you three catch up." you say, "of course." gentle agrees. you run outside and try to overclock, however it doesnt activate. "shit! my quirk wont work!" you call out, "just get in the damn car!" twice answers.

when you arrive on the scene, you grab togas gear and run over to her. "situation?" you ask, "i dont see your friends anywhere! as for the pros, eraserhead attacked me at first, present mic got crushed, and the others went inside!" she says quickly "oh fuck...alright, go ahead and help the other three find my classmates. if they can still fight, send them here. if they cant, get them to paramedics." you order before running inside.
as you enter, you cant help but freeze. lying on the floor is midnight, a knife in her eye socket. you snap out of it and sprint towards aizawa, who you can tell is seconds away from snapping. "deep breath, old man. my crew is looking for my classmates, im here to help." you put a hand on his shoulder and he nods. "i cant let you fight voleraty. she has knives, and you dont have a quirk." he says sternly, "im gonna be fine." you sprint towards voleraty, and catch her wrist right before she stabs edgeshot. "i owe you one." he says while clutching a bloody shoulder, "dont. the mission is failed, right? work on getting people out, and get me izuk-deku." you correct yourself. he runs off and voleraty snatches her hand back, however she suddenly turns into kyoka. "(y/n)? im so glad to see you!" she says with a large smile. ignoring her trick, you throw a punch at her, only for you hand to be sliced by a knife you didnt even see. "your bullshit isnt going to work voleraty." you say before trying to kick her. "your movements are slow. why arent you using your quirk?" she asks tauntingly, "because you arent worth it!" she dodges another punch, and slices you across the bicep. the fight continues, with her changing into your friends periodically. eventually, she changes into your dead little sister rose. "you bitch..." you mutter while holding back your attack. "oh, you dont want to attack her? well i did!" you see a knife materialize a foot away from your face, and are barely able to dodge it. the knife cuts your left earlobe, but you ignore it and start backing up.

"(y/n)! the injured are cleared, you can let loose now right?" you hear hawks yell from behind you, "slight issue with that! my quirk isnt working!" you respond. "shit, give me two seconds!" you hear him fly away, and you freeze in place. "you know, when i killed her...your sister had adorable shrieks of terror." voleraty taunts, "to be completely honest, it was enjoyabl-dont listen (y/n)!" voleraty changes her word and tone mid sentence. her illusion fades and she falls to the ground, clutching her head. "you...remember...me?" voleraty asks weakly, you look her in the eyes and she seems different. "the hell are you talking about?" you get into a fighting stance and she starts sobbing. "the promise i made...she broke it. everything was for you..." she slowly rises again, a fierce look in her eyes. "dont worry about her anymore, its just me now!" she charges at you, but you hear a noise moving swiftly behind you. acting on pure instinct, you reach out and feel your hand wrap around a familiar plastic grip. within an instant, you are able to block her stab and see what you grabbed, a machete. "dont let her win (y/n)!" you hear momo shout behind you, "w-we cant help you any more, and izuku is almost dead, but please dont lose!" after her pleads, you hear her body drop to the ground unconscious. voleraty turns back into your little sister, and you ready your weapon. "when i defeat you...im going to bury you under the other relics of my past, before setting them ablaze!" you throw yourself towards her, and with your surprise attack are able to break her knee. you stab your machete into her right hand, and hold down her left with all your strength.

after several minute of struggle, she passes out from blood loss. you stand up and feel your right arm, bloody as it is, rise into the air. a sign of victory.