chapter 78: the sports festival! again!

when you enter class  the next morning aizawa makes an announcement. "be quiet, tomorrow is the second year sports festival, however the events will be completely different, you will also be wearing your costumes this time." he explains, "will anything be the same?" shinso asks, "not exactly, there will still be three rounds, one to eliminate the masses, one to show you skills, and one at the end to give everyone a chance to shine." he explains, "why are we allowed to use our costumes now but not then?" izuku asks, "because now you are building a brand, no support items will be allowed except for basic things that involve the costume, like midoriyas metal boots, or (y/n)s gloves that let him share his quirk." aizawa explains, "can i make a reminder?" kyoka asks, "what is it jiro?" aizawa asks, she then stands up and points at you, "no breaking yourself!" she says angrily, "you too!" she says pointing at izuku. "good point, no comas." aizawa jokes, "what if all for one attacks during this?" you ask out of the blue, "why did you have to bring that up!?" kaminari asks in terror, "if he tries then comas are allowed, we also have many of the top heroes attending the event, both for scouting and security purposes." aizawa explains, "and remember, if anything does happen you are only allowed to engage if it saves someone, or if your (y/n) or izuku." aizawa adds, "are you sure we should give (y/n) the go ahead?" tenya asks, "it doesnt matter whether i do or not, if he sees all for one then he is going to attack him." aizawa says tiredly, "like overhaul..." izuku says, "wait, (y/n) were you even allowed to be there?" kyoka asks, "not really, i followed ochako and tsu, ryukyu gave me a temporary work study so it wasnt illegal though, but that was only after i told her i was gonna do it whether i was arrested or not." you explain.

after school you decide to hang out in the common space with a few people. "are you excited (y/n)?" eijiro asks, "of course i am, this will let me prove that im not a villain, that i dont just kill people, that im a hero." you explain. "this will be the debut of your new costume too, wont it?" tooru asks, "i think so, yea." you reply, "i wonder if they will do teams again." izuku thinks out loud, "i expect it, there are several of us who are extremely powerful but only recently have we all gotten on good terms with each other, the last the public saw i was borderline villainous, shoto was cold and not good with people, izuku broke himself constantly, and katsuki was selfish and narcissistic." you explain, "ya think katsuki will deliver the pledge again?" eijiro asks, "i doubt it, kacchan kinda did a bad job last year, they will probably choose (y/n)." izuku replys, "we need to stand out even more this year though, we are in the middle of new trainees and people who are almost pros, people will be focusing on them." you warn, "true,  but our year has been through a lot, i think people will still watch us." izuku says, "true, i think im gonna head to bed, its a bit early but i wanna be well rested for tomorrow." you say before walking away.

the next morning you are all in your costumes waiting for the event to begin. "so, midoriya...you have some sort of connection to all might, that means ill have to beat you." shoto jokes, "good luck, (y/n) has got this." kyoka says confidently, "nah, i think katsuki will win." eijiro argues, "everyone has a good chance of winning, we all have weaknesses we just need to overcome them, if we dont then we will most likely lose." you explain, "like you when you fought jiro?"kaminari jokes, "exactly, im not going to hurt any of the girls, if i get put against them i will either need to win without hurting them or just lose." you say bluntly, "not if i lose first!" mina jokes, "introducing our second year students, please welcome class A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,J,I, and K" thirteen says over the speakers, as you walk out you see most people looking at your class while the other classes are just glaring at you, "our umpire will be vlad king!" all might says, "for our student pledge we will have (y/n) (l/n) from class 1A." vlad king announces, you then walk up and get behind the mic. "i pledge that by the end of today i will clear my name, i will prove im not a villain, im not yet a hero, but i can still protect people." when you finish you are met by much applause, when you take your spot in front of mina she whispers to you, "good job!"

"now that that is over we will begin with our first event, the top thirty students will proceed to the next round." vlad king reveals, "the first event will be a criminal capture race, through this gate is a wooded area, there are thirty people hiding inside. you must be the first to find them and give them a slip of paper with your name, they will then return, when they have all returned we will announce who passed." he explains, "3...2...1...GO!" as thirteen shouts this most people begin to run, however most of your class stays back. "they said the criminal would return, not us, kyoka and shoji could you help us all pass?" you ask them, "sure." kyoka replys, "yea." shoji agrees, while you, the girls club, shoji, and shinso look for people you hear rustling in a bush, "over here!" you shout as you run towards it, when you get close however mineta pops out. "o-o-o-oh. i-i-its y-y-you." he stutters, "yea, it is." you say menacingly, "um...can i join you?" he asks, "no! leave! now!" momo says uncomfortably, "fine." while he walks away you hear him mutter something. after a while vlad king announces who moved on, luckily your whole class did, so did kendo, monoma, shiozaki, ojiro, mineta, kamairi, tsunotori, hatsume, and two general studies students. 

"now for the second event we will be doing a team battle royale, the last eight standing will move one. everyone separate into ten teams of three, you have fifteen minutes." vlad king says, you then walk over to kyoka. "team? i wont be much help but ill do my best." you explain, "sure, who else should we get? shoto, katsuki, and izuku are a team, so are ochako, tsu, and mina." kyoka explains, "is momo free?" you ask, "lets find out." she says as she begins to walk towards momo. "hey momo, wanna team with us?" kyoka asks, "sure!" she says happily. "so whats our strategy?" you ask, "well, we could use my ultimate move, after this is a break for lunch so i should be able to replenish my lipids before the tournament." momo suggests, "i think we should save that as a last resort, we still want to show off our talent." kyoka argues, "maybe we try to trick monoma into taking my quirk? then we can take down his team." you suggest, "sure." momo agrees, "i thin that would be good." kyoka adds.

"if everyone has their teams then it is time to begin!" vlad king says, "3...2...1...GO!" all might shouts when everyone spreads out. you see monoma with both shiozaki and kendo. "on our right." you say pointing him out, "hey monoma!" you shout, when he looks at you he gets a bit scared, "dont worry, i cant use my quirk, i need it for the last round." you explain, "well in that case!" he and his team then run at you, you let monoma touch your arm before backing up. "lets see how this feels! overclock x10!" as soon as he shouts this he passes out, "(y/n) you better not have forgotten our warning." all might sya over the speakers, all eyes then fall on you, "he will be fine! he only copied my quirk, he will wake up today, he also didnt get hit with a huge explosion." you explain, "what did you do to him?" kendo asks as everyone begins to fight again, "i didnt do anything, he overused my quirk." you say before jumping back. kyoka then uses her jacks to stab shiokazi in the ear, she sends vibrations through it rapidly causing her to fall unconscious. "dammit!" kendo yells as she jumps at momo, momo creates a metal staff and knocks her out. "okay, lets go over to a corner." you say, "we should wait until someone actually attacks us before we use my quirk, otherwise we would draw unwanted attention." momo explains, "good thinking." you reply. as you look around the stadium you see izuku, katsuki, and shoto fighting ochako, tsu, and mina. off to the side you see sero and eijiro fighting shinso, and tooru. "only five more people need to go down." you say, "lets do it." momo says as she crouches down, "hold on a sec." you say before shouting, "when the fight is over we are gonna need a gym uniform." you then see izuku glance at you and nod, "go for it momo." you say before getting next to her, suddenly everything goes dark. "WOW yaoyorozu used her ultimate move to evade everyone, that right there is titanium several feet thick!" you hear all might faintly, "kyoka, go ahead and listen to whats happening out there." you say, "already on it." she says. a while later you hear the metal being pounded on. "kyoka! use your quirk to break the ground a bit, the fight is over and i have a gym uniform for momo!" izuku shouts outside, when kyoka does it, it makes a small hole that izuku can slip the clothes through. "who else passed?" you ask, "me, shoto, kacchan, ochako, and eijiro." he replys, "great, momo has her clothes on now, could you help make this hole bigger?" you ask, a few seconds later a cloud of dust is made and you can all get out. "and would you look at that! team (y/n) emerges from the titanium." thirteen says, "everyone go ahead and take a break, we will have some activities in the meantime while our contenders prepare!" all might announces as you all walk away.