chapter 161: under cover

after several days of silence from the police and heroes, you and the cavalry are finally called to a meeting. "listen, i know it wont make up for anything, but im sorry." rock lock says while escorting you, "i jumped the gun a bit, and had to stick with it. i got a son at home, and i just dont want anyone dangerous out on the streets, you know?" he explains, "no worries, man. even if i dont get let out anytime soon, i know the next generation of pros. they are tight like family, and individually stronger than most of the top heroes now. everyone, including your son, is gonna be safe for a very long time." you promise. "that means a lot, anyway this is your stop." rock lock gestures towards the door. you and the cavalry walk in, only to see aizawa and tsukauchi sitting at a table. "long time no see." you say, breaking the silence. "everyone sit down, we have news." aizawa says bluntly. after everyone sits, tsukauchi begins. "first, toga and bubaigawara. the two of you will be released with quirk nullification bands, and tracking devices. you are both allowed to remove the bands, and help out, if a qualified individual allows it. your possessions are up front." after toga and twice leave, he continues. "aiba and tobita, you have been allowed to leave without any sort of bands or trackers, but if you ever commit more crimes your sentence will be severe." he explains. "alright, good sir. seems fair to me." gentle bows before leaving, la brava not far behind. "now (y/n)..." aizawa glares at you, "you have some tests to pass!" nezu pops out of aizawas scarf, and explains further. "you will be taking three practical tests, and a massive written one! all of the time, being in a disguise to cut off all bonds!" nezu exclaims, "what do you mean? cut off all bonds?" you ask questioningly. "yes! it was decided that if your slate will be wiped clean, then so will you friendships! for the tests, at least. the first will be an entrance exam, followed by a small provisional licensing exam, and finally a test to see how your classmates accept you." nezu explains. "alright, what first?"

the next morning, you are sitting in the U.A security room, watching aizawa break the news to everyone. "everyone be quiet, we have something important today." everyone immediately becomes silent, and he continues. "since (y/n) will not be returning, somebody else will be filling the gap." he says bluntly. "excuse me?!" kyoka roars, "thats not cool, aizawa! (y/n) cant be replaced!" eijiro argues, "silence!" he uses his quirk, and everyone sits back down. "much like (y/n), nezu has hand picked a minor villain he sees potential in. today he will be going through several tests, as he already did a written one. for your school day, you will be spectating, and cheering him on if you would like." when aizawa finishes, everyone seems speechless. "wait...(y/n) really isnt coming back?" izuku asks sadly, aizawa shakes his head and mina starts crying. "when is he gonna get out of jail? he saved us, after all!" she asks, "that has yet to be determined." aizawa says coldly. "everyone meet at ground gamma." he leaves the room, and a few minutes later walks into the security room. "got your disguise on?" he asks. you are wearing a pink trench coat, green pants, purple boots, and a full helmet with a face mask and voice changer underneath. "is this really necessary?" you ask, "yes. if any of them figure out its you before the end, you go back to prison." he explains. "whatever, lets go."

when you reach ground gamma, you see the class standing in front of all might. "ah! there they are!" he exclaims when he sees you and aizawa. "this is the new student. he goes by tick." aizawa says while gesturing to you. "oi, you bastard! dont even think about passing, got that?!" katsuki screams while glaring at you. everyone else seems either sad or angry as well. "lets begin the test." you say emotionlessly. 'thankfully its pretty easy to change the way i talk. i know the therapy with hound dog was to bring back emotion, but it still comes in handy!' you think. "okay then! inside this arena are robots scattered around! each is worth a different amount of points! to pass, you must get at least fifty!" all might exclaims. you nod and walk over to the entrance. after everyone goes to the spectator room, you are told to begin.
while running through the maze of pipes, you have a realization. 'shit! whats my fake quirk?!' you think frantically, 'uhh, adrenaline: allows user to produce adrenaline at will, making them far stronger. that works!' you overclock x2, and start climbing up a wall of pipes. when you get to the top, you see a large group of robots. your rush at them, and destroy them all. you continue this process until time runs out. "time is up! you passed with fifty nine points!" all might announces. "come back to the gate, and we will set up your next task!" he adds.

after a while of setup, aizawa explains your next task. "inside the walls of ground gamma, there are four rescue bots. they record data, and act almost identically to a human being. you have ten minutes to find them all, and get them back here alive. everyone else is spectating already, so your time begins now." you sprint back into the labyrinth and close your eyes. 'this test is shifted towards support heroes, which i am not. luckily, my hearing and instincts are alright.' you hear a creaking come from your left, so you go check it out. you have to break through a wall, but find a rescue bot. it has no injuries, so you bring it back to the gate. after eight more minutes, you only have one left to find, but have scoured the whole arena. 'dammit! i need to find this thing!' you try to think of where they could have hidden it, and a solution comes quickly. 'the viewing room is under this...it must be down there!' you think before looking around. "class 3A! i know exactly where the last robot is! good thing too, since i want to take that assholes place!" you shout while looking at a security camera. suddenly, you hear an explosion. 'thanks a ton katsuki!' you think before overclocking x5. 'thirty eight seconds...here! its below here!' you start punching the ground, and eventually break into the viewing room. "agh! hes here!" denki screams in fear. you scan the room, and see the robot in the corner. you rush over to it, and pick it up. "i did it. its alive, i found it." you say coldly. "good work! now for the final test!"