chapter 149: imprisonment

"its over."

following those words you swiftly exit the infirmary, best jeanist by your side. within the hour, you were locked in all for ones old cell. you notice the several security cameras dotted around the room, and decide to entertain their operators. "so, are those guns still active? because that would offer me a quick and easy way out." you say, "due to reports of self harm when you were last imprisoned, they must be manually activated." a voice says over the intercoms. "fair enough, i guess. wanna hear a little story? well, in the past me and my teachers had kind of a code, only we knew. we called it code pink, and the most recent version was just as a placeholder for my will and a few presents for my friends. the other day, however, we made a few more. the original reason i used code pink was because thats my sisters hair color, so i felt i should continue the pattern. we mainly talked about code black, or 'total devastation'. dont worry about anything happening though, i wasnt focused on you or anyone else. code black entailed giving all my classmates fake letters. inside i hand wrote lies to make them hate me, since i dont want them to see me again. i know im gonna be here for the foreseeable future, so i didnt want to ruin their careers, ya know?" you explains sadly. you get no answer, however continue to speak. "i still really care about them all. it might not seem like it, but this is or their own good. im a bad influence, a curse, a burden. by pushing them all away with lies and cutting off ties, hopefully they despise me. they can speak out against me in public, and regard me as a villain." you say with a small smile. "just do me a favor, yeah? if they are in danger let me know. because then i will protect them. im guessing the glass in front of me is bulletproof? several layers? i could break it. the only reason you are able to restrain me is because i dont want to escape." you chuckle, "please refrain from trying to lessen your sentence. it will not work." the guard says sternly. "im aware. i just thought you should know that while i could escape with minimal injuries, you have nothing to fear or worry about. after all, i have no way of knowing when my friends are in danger." you taunt.

after about a week of solitude, the guard finally talks to you again. "you have a visitor. if you try anything you will be shot within moments." he says. you look at the door and watch aizawa walk in, best jeanist beside him. "hey aizawa." you greet, "good morning (y/n). how has prison been treating you?" he jokes, "its pretty lonely, but nothing i havent gone through before. why is best jeanist here?" you ask curiously, "you are not allowed to know that information." aizawa sighs, "whatever. how is the class doing? kyoka healed, right?" you ask, "yes, they are all without injury. jiro on the other hand, did not heal. her jack didnt heal, i only scarred where it was cut." aizawa reveals, "seriously?! is she still going to be able to be a hero?!" you ask worriedly, disappointed in yourself. "i am unable to tell you that as well." he sighs, "is there anything else you can tell me?" you ask irritably, "everyone got their letters, and your plan worked. they hate you." aizawa says, "perfect." you grin, "jiro is obviously devastated, and seems to be looking to yaoyorozu and kaminari for comfort. everyone else is obviously troubled as well, several of them wanting to physically hurt you." aizawa continues, "thats good. you said they are unable to visit me, right?" you ask, "of course. otherwise im not sure i could stop them from killing you." he says with a smirk, "maybe you couldnt, but that bulletproof glass could. i would most likely need to use most of my strength just to get out." you explain, "true. ill see you later then." aizawa says before standing, "bye." you smile as he exits.

almost two full months later, you get your second ever visitor. when the door opens, you see kyoka. 'why did he let her visit me?!' you think angrily while plastering on a fake smirk. "why hello there, jiro." you say, "cut the act (y/n). i know nothing you said was true." she says bluntly, "oh, really now? so hagakure was able to convince you our affair was fake?" you ask, "cut the shit (y/n). i mean it. i have really missed you, okay?! i-i just wanted to see you again...is that so wrong?" she asks sadly, "oh, but it is. im a criminal now. and besides, before i left we broke up. even if you want to be with me, i dont. leave here now, before i spout out even more dirty little secrets." you bluff, "whatever, you jerk!" kyoka huffs before storming out of the room. within moments of her barging out, aizawa walks in angrily. "want to explain why jiro just came out of this room sobbing?!" he asks angrily, "its for the best, i already told you." you say sadly, "bullshit! i know good and well that both of you needed to see each other, but you went and ruined it. all she really needed was something positive from you. good job." he says before storming out.

the next morning a guard comes into the room. "you will be transported to our rehab program." he says coldly, "why? im not worth rehab." you say, "you dont have a choice. are you willing to cooperate or will we have to use force?" he asks, "ill cooperate." you shrug. he lets you out of your bonds, and you follow him out of the room. when you exit the door you realize that there are at least twenty other guards, all armed, escorting you. "im not gonna try shit. i already said that." you say, however they ignore you. "please enter through here. in the back of the room there are beds, and you will have access to both a gym and library." a guard says sternly, while putting a quirk suppressing band on your wrist. you walk into the room and see at least a hundred people sitting around tables. the doors behind you slam shut, and everyone turns their head towards you. "(y/n)?" you turn to your right and see toga sitting next to a blond man with a bandana. "oh, fuck me." you say, already annoyed. "come sit with us!" toga demands. you approach the table and sit down, "who are you?" you ask the man, "jin Bubaigawara, you know me as twice." he says, "ah, i see. are you the only two surviving members of the league?" you ask, "compress too! he isnt in the rehab program though." toga says with a giggle. "what exactly is this place?" you ask, "the rehab program, villains with extraordinary quirks or skill, if captured before they are extreme dangers, are given a chance to redeem themselves. im surprised your here though." twice says, "me too. last i heard, i was an equal threat to all for one." you shrug. "anyway, these are all villains trying to become heroes?" you ask, "not at all. only the best of the best can become heroes. the rest of us, get implanted with a tracker and are released as civilians." twice answers, "makes sense. what kind of things do they test you on?" you ask, "as far as i can tell, its just a big hoax to make the public happy. supposedly, if there is a big enough threat we will be brought in as backup, but we know that aint true. i was here through death wraith, after all." he sighs. looking around the room, you see several interesting people. a man and woman with pink and white hair respectively, the lanky woman from the death wraith raid, and even a few that make you want to puke.