chapter 164: angel of death

as you open your eyes, you find yourself face down in the dirt. you try to move, however are unable to. "the end!" you mumble frantically. "the end, the end! then end! its coming!" you feel someone touch your neck, "guys! (y/n) has a pulse again!" izuku yells. "the end, izuku! its up there!" you whisper, "dammit, guys! get over here!" izuku yells at a crowd. you realize that it is your classmates, teachers, and even pros, gathering around a dying all might. katsuki glances at you and izuku, before looking to all might. he takes a deep breathe and sprints over to you. "you fucking dumbass..." katsuki mutters. "the end, its in space, everything is there." you say, still in a state of confusion. "kacchan we need to get him to recovery girl!" izuku urges, "you go get her, im gonna carry him." katsuki answers. he scoops you up in his arms, and you feel a surge of pain go throughout your body. "anti-matter...all might...they didnt make it, did they?" you ask, "no. neither did you. you have been dead for five minutes, dammit. anti-matter died on impact, but all might survived. he made izuku give you his healing quirks...the reason nobody came to your aid, is because all might is dying on the ground. nobody heard izuku, other than me." he explains while walking. "the end, its up there. the angel of death and destruction in imminent. we dont have much time left." you say, feeling lightheaded.

after about another minute, you finally find izuku and recovery girl. "oh dear! what happened?!" she asks worriedly whilst examining you. "now isnt the time." izuku says grimly. recovery girl just sighs, and continues treating you. eventually she steps back. "well somehow your arms seem to be regenerating. the same goes with all your wounds, including a punctured lung, several broken bones, a cracked skull, and even a piece of shrapnel in your heart." recovery girl explains. "how could you know all that this fast?" izuku asks curiously, "well i immediately ran a CT scan and X-ray. other than that, the fact that a piece of rock emerged from his skin before my very eyes." recovery girl answers. "that was probably the regeneration quirks." izuku says matter of factly. "the what?" "oh, i should probably explain..."
after a quick retelling of what transpired, recovery girl falls back into her chair. "so he finally kicked the bucket..." she says in disbelief. "yes." katsuki nods. "i see. go find your friends, help them through this time. im sure the staff will be having a talk about this event very soon." recover girl tells izuku and katsuki.

not even five minutes after izuku and katsuki left, someone bangs on the door. "come in!" recovery girl shouts. everyone in the class rushes into the room, swarming around you. "your alive!" kyoka says, a look of pure bliss on her face. "hey, guys." you say weakly. "you know already, right?" as soon as denki asks this, everyone glares at him. "yes, i know." you say grimly. "so what was it like in space?" ochako asks curiously. you feel yourself go into a daze, and start muttering. "the end, its there, the angel of death and destruction. its all up there...nothing can stop it, no one can stop it. its black wings will engulf us all and snuff out our lives as if they are nothing. it will bring along the end of days." you blink, and see everyone staring at you in shock. "what?" mina asks, "huh? did i say something?" you ask curiously, "uh, yeah...like a lot." tooru answers. "everyone get out! (y/n) needs time to recover!"

over the next few days, you listen in on several different staff meetings. addressing  everything from your muttering, to all mights death, to losing three teachers in the span of a single month. it is eventually decided, due to a suggestion from tooru, that substitutes will be applied until the end of the year. when this happens, new staff will be hired, the interviews starting with former students. "so im good to go?" recovery girl just finished a check up and shockingly, you are without injuries. "yes, it seems so." she nods. you walk out of the infirmary, only to be tackled by kyoka. "hey, there." you say awkwardly, "you idiot." she pushes her face into your shoulder while hugging you. "love you too." you smile. "remember when you said you were gonna stay with me? well that was a lie." she says bitterly. "im sorry, but i had to. it wasnt just for you, the others, or even U.A. it was literally for the whole of japan at least, maybe the world." you explain. "whatever, lets go back to the dorms." she suggests. "alright, fair enough." on the walk back, you hold her hand tightly. as soon as you enter the common area, everyone stares at you. "i swear to god if you people make a scene...right now he is mine." kyoka threatens, "uh, fair enough." eijiro nods, "good to see you up and moving though man." he adds before turning back to the TV. "why dont we go listen to some music?" kyoka nods and you follow her to her room. she closes the door and lugs her phone into a speaker, before shuffling her playlist. it has tons of punk rock, rock, and emo songs. after dating her for two and a half years, you had learned to enjoy pretty much all music. she sits down on her bed, and gestures for you to join her. when you do, she wraps her arms around you, and lays down. "im not used to you being so forward." you admit, "well i want to cuddle for a while, and you have been in a damn hospital bed for days." she complains. "im not saying i dont enjoy it." you kiss her on the forehead, and she nestles herself in between your arm and side. "i love you." she says warmly, "i love you too kyoka."