chapter 101: finding a way

*kyoka POV*

the morning after (y/n) died the school called an assembly. "thank you all for coming here today, just so everyone knows this is also on live television." nezu says into a microphone. "i am here to explain and tell the full story of what happened since the provisional licence exam." he continues, "a whole lot of nothing!" a student shouts. 

"i wish that were true. during the exam one of the students from class 1A were captured by a villain disguised as kamui woods, she was held hostage for a few days until we were able to attack them. when we did we allowed any of her classmates that wanted to participate, this included (y/n) (l/n) also known as the protector. towards the end we finally found her, one of the villains used a quirk on him that made him not see things properly. he was told by who he thought was kyoka jiro that the villains had groped, and tried to sell her to a human trafficking circle, although this proved true the person who told him this was actually voleraty. (y/n) proceeded to in his mind attack death wraith, however before he finished him off (y/n) was knocked to his senses, he actually had been fighting one of his classmates and was about to 'finish off young jiro'. after realizing that he allowed both warp and voleraty to escape he immediately got the majority of his classmates to safety. after which him, katsuki bakugo, and izuku midoriya, all fought death wraith alone. they were able to defeat him however (y/n) was pronounced dead soon after. due to certain circumstances we were able to give him a second chance at life, until next week he will be on life support, however he himself made it clear he wanted to be in a coma no longer than that." nezu says grimly.

"any questions?" he asks, "do we know what his last words were?" a first year shouts, "yes! they were to his loving girlfriend, 'i love you' he then proceeded to die in her arms." nezu answers, "wait, so are we able to cure death now?" a third year asks, "not yet, one of our teachers has parental custody over a very powerful child, we were given temporary permission to use her quirk to save (y/n) by the hero foundation." nezu answers, "what will happen if he doesnt wake up?" a class 1B student asks, "not only will U.A build a statue in his favor, i know at least ten people personally who would help pay for funeral arrangements, and help his family." nezu answers with a smile, "was the group in question the pestilence?" mei asks, "yes." nezu replys simply. "who is (y/n)s lucky girlfriend?" a first year asks, "she can reveal herself if she wishes to, however i am not allowed to disclose that information." nezu answers. after a few seconds of the class staring at me i speak up. "w-well, he was my boyfriend." i say while raising my hand, "why would he choose you? he could have chosen someone a lot better." the first year says, with a few people nodding in agreement.
suddenly aizawa walks up to nezu and takes the mic. "i will not tolerate that behavior, i can say firsthand that she is his girlfriend, and you treating her that way might alone be what wakes him up. to beat your asses." he says while glaring at the students, "they may have been together but he really didnt need to settle for her!" one of the students shout, aizawa the uses his quirk on him and continues. "first of all, continue talking that way and your expelled. second, he didnt fucking settle for her! i can assure you with every fiber of my being that he loved her with every fiber of his, he died for her! third, sure, maybe he could have found someone with a more mature body. but of all my students, he is the one i trusted enough to love each and every girl he knew for who they really were, for fucks sake, one of my students got close to him purely because he was one of the few people who never ogled her! whether on accident or on purpose. additionally, i would like to add on to nezus statement, saying that of those ten people he knows personally, include me, all might, ingenium, ryukyu, centipeder, hell! even endeavor! thats all." aizawa rants. the crowd then stays silent for several minutes. "if there are no further questions then you may return to your dorms."

when everyone walked into the dorms kaminari went to turn on the TV. "now, onto some of the latest new about a young man named (y/-" the news reporter is cut off by kaminari changing the channel. "go back!" i demand, when he does i see a picture of (y/n) on the screen. "-also known as 'the protector', recently he was killed by his own quirk restrictions, however he did it for a good cause. saving his girlfriend, and classmate, kyoka jiro. she was captured, abused, and was going to be sold into a human trafficking circle by the pestilence. him, along with many other heroes fought hard to get her back, he was the only hero injured. he is now due to unknown reasons barely alive, on life support in a hospital. if you have any information that might help, please call U.A high." when the reporter finishes talking kaminari changes it back to his show. "so i guess your relationship status is known to the whole world now, huh?" mina teases, "shut up." i say while walking to the kitchen to get a snack. when i return i check my phone.

<jiro, we might have a backup plan.>