chapter 23: a date with kyoka

the next day you were released from the infirmary, when you got back to the dorms you realize that its pretty empty. however then you notice tsu eating some food, "hey tsu, where is everyone?" you ask, "oh, i forgot you were never told. we were all doing internships with pro heroes, all of us girls got permission to come back early for when you woke up." she explains. "oh, well do you know where kyoka is?" you ask. "so you were serious about the date?" tsu asks surprised. "of course. because let me ask you something, what do you see me as and why?" you ask. "well i see you as my big brother, and i think its mainly because of the costume party." she replys. "okay, why do you think the other girls do?" you ask. "well ochako obviously sees you as a big brother because you were there when she slapped midoriya. tooru also because you saved her from a predator. mina sits behind you and you are always kind and never flirt with us. thats something that is important for momo as well, she also saw you cared about her when you saved her at the USJ." tsu replys. "okay, now have i done anything like that for kyoka?" you ask, "no, but you did save her at the USJ too, although i guess she might see you as a hero figure because she told us she never really had male friends." tsu responds. "exactly, i dont know for sure if thats how she sees me but imagine if all might told midoriya that he hated him, he would be crushed. i dont want to make kyoka upset, and just like you even though i dont have crushes doesnt mean i cant love anyone, it more of means i dont flirt or anything like that." you reply calmly. "well i think kyoka is up in her room with momo and mina." she replys, "okay, thanks" you say walking away.

[KNOCK] [KNOCK] "uh...who is it?" you hear kyoka say on the other side of the door. "oh, its (y/n)." you reply, "oh, come on in." you hear mina say. you walk in to see kyoka with a bright red face. "whats wrong?" you ask worriedly. "w-well, you havent seen my room yet, and im sure you hate it anyway." she says sadly. "why would i hate it? i think it matches your personality perfectly, i like it." you reply, giving her a hug. "a-also because i was in the middle of changing" she says awkwardly. "oh, you were? im sorry to make you uncomfortable, ill go wait outside." you say realizing she was just in shorts and an undershirt. "what!?" you hear mina exclaim. "what, whats wrong?" you ask, "well, i invited you in to see how you would react to her getting dressed, not reacting at all was unexpected though..." mina says surprised. "you know im not like that, people are a lot like food, if it doesnt look perfect thats not a deal breaker but if they do than its an added plus." you say, "w-well just out of curiosity, what side of the scale d-do we fall on?" kyoka asks with a beet red face. "well you are all perfect the way you are." you reply bluntly. "s-so, you dont mind t-that i dont look as g-good as momo?" kyoka asks surprised. "you dont have to, you both are beautiful people inside and out." you reply with a smile. "t-thanks, c-could you maybe let me get dressed now?" she asks embarrassed again. as your walking out you ask, "what time did we decide for the date again?" "in an hour." she responds. "okay."

a little while later you were getting ready when you heard a knock on your door. "whats up guys?" you ask while opening the door. "we wanted to make sure you were ready for your date!" ochako says excitedly. "yea!" tooru and tsu add. "lemme guess, you three came because the others were embarrassed?" you ask, knowing what was coming. "well kyoka was, momo was just used being kyokas best friend as an excuse and mina just wanted to help them." tooru replys. "yea, she didnt think you would let her put you in a dress." tsu adds. "thats fair, come in." you say opening the door wider. "so you already know why we are here right?" tooru asks. "yea, you want to help me chose my clothes. "yep!" tooru and ochako cry. "so as a prerequisite, do you want me to get dressed in the bathroom or is out here fine?" you ask, "whatever is fine with us, your like our big brother." tooru says. "i also told them about what you said this morning." tsu admits. "thats fine, its the truth." you say taking off your shirt.

after thirty minutes of arguing the girls eventually agreed on an outfit. you wore a black hoodie with a blue clock on the front with jeans. "all that, and what i picked out won?" you ask irritated. "YUP!" tooru exclaims, "well kyoka should be downstairs, im off." you say walking away. when you get down to the first floor you see kyoka wearing a blue t-shirt that said dead, and black tights. "hey, you look nice, you going somewhere?" you joke. "haha very funny, where are we going?" she asks. "well i figured we could go get some food, then maybe go to the arcade or something." you reply. "sounds good to me, wanna go get some sushi?" she asks. "sure"

when you eventually get to the restaurant and get seated you ask kyoka, "so what are you getting?" "well, i was thinking i would get the tuna." she replys, "im gonna go with salmon." you say. while you eat you dinner you both converse and it turns out she heard everything you said to tsu this morning because of her hearing. "im sorry, i shouldnt have assumed." you say, remembering you called yourself her hero. "nah, its fine. you nailed it on the head anyway." she says quietly. "wait really!?" you ask confused, "well yea, you saved my life, are an amazing person, helped all of my friends, look amazing, and you even took an explosion that sent you into a coma so ochako didnt have to." she finishes, "i want you to think about what you just said, very slowly." you say with a smirk. "oh no..." she says remembering. "its fine, you look nice too." you say, making her blush even more. 

when you are finished with your food you head to the arcade. "so what do you wanna do first?" you ask her, "lets play DDR!" she says excitedly. "okay, but fair warning i havent ever played it before." you say. "its okay, ill go easy on you." she says right before she crushes you. after a few more hours of fun it was time to head back to the dorms. "so are you excited for the training camp this weekend?" you ask her, "yea, did you hear they had to move it though?" she asks nervously. "no. why?" you ask worriedly, "well, apparently one of the kids from class b was working for the league of villains." she says, starting to become scared. "y-you arent with them are you?" she asks worriedly. "no, and i can assure you that nobody in our class is." you say confidently. "well apparently we were supposed to do a camp with the wild wild pussycats, but now the moved it somewhere else." kyoka says. "im sure, it will be no problem. besides from what i heard there will be some nice hot springs!" you say, trying to cheer her up. "b-but, what if we have to share them with mineta!" she cries. "we both know they would separate it, and i was planning on watching mineta anyway." you say clamly. "i-if you say so." she says. "well we are back, ill see you tomorrow. goodnight." "goodnight." you say giving her a kiss on the cheek.