chapter 124: experiments

after realizing that there is no service you decide to turn in for the night, the net morning  you head back up to the first floor to find anti-matter. when the elevator finally reaches the top, you see him standing there with two other people. "how nice of you to join us (l/n). these two are interning with me for their first year. although they are from america, not U.A." anti-matter explains, "nice to meet you two! my name is (y/n) (l/n), but just call me (y/n). you too anti-matter." you say, "hey (y/n)! my name is mark, and this is my sister kate." mark says, "nice to meet you two, now anti-matter. where can i make a phone call?" you ask, "nowhere. we are in the middle of the sonoran desert. the closest cell towers are a couple miles away, same with wifi." anti-matter responds, "well, my girlfriend is going to have my head." you joke, "anyway, today we are going to be finding your limits. each of you have quirks that make those limits very unclear, physics breaking, even. luckily in my lab we can test those quirks." anti-matter explains, "so thats why nezu sent me here." you say, "yes. now, everyone go put on your hero suits and meet me on floor 11." anti-matter says before walking away.
while in the elevator you figure out that mark and kate are on the same floor as you, on the way there you explain your quirks. "okay, so my quirk is called overclock. if my quirkless strength is a variable, X, then every time i use my quirk it adds an exponent. my only drawback is that it only lasts an hour, after that i return to half of my quirkless strength." you explain, "thats really cool! my quirk is called distress, when i or someone im very close to are in danger i get exponentially hotter." mark explains. kate then seems to whisper something into his ear, mark then responds. "hey, you have a girlfriend, right?" he asks, "yea, why?" you ask, "my quirk is called soft voice. whenever someone hears my voice they basically get a crush on me, and will do anything i want them to with minimum resistance. for some reason it doesnt work on people with high willpower, my family, or people who already love someone." kate explains, "oh, that makes sense. how is that earth shattering?" you ask, "well, the main reason im here is because mark is. other than our parents he is the only one i can consistently talk to, although im hoping that anti-matter can help me figure out some way of turning off my quirk." she explains, "alright, well ill see you guys on floor eleven!" you say as you reach your floor.

when you eventually make it to floor eleven you see several glass chambers around, however in front of the anti-matter is waiting with mark and kate. mark was fully shirtless with a utility belt and military pants, while kate had casual clothes with a bunch of headphones around her waist."your late (y/n)." anti-matter says, "sorry about that, the support company decided that the day before my trip would be the perfect time to upgrade." you explain, "was it worth it at least?" mark asks, "not really. i have special rope in the back of my vest from a friend, to make it easier on myself i had them install a button on my glove that forces it out my sleeves in to my palm." you explain, "now, each of you enter one of the glass chambers. they are sound proof, and can take enough heat and force to withstand an atom bomb, so dont hold back." anti-matter orders.
after entering yours you hear a voice over some speakers. "when we begin this test we will be recording, however anyone who sees the footage will be under an NDA, is that okay?" the voice asks, "fine by me." you respond. a few seconds they speak again, "please overclock to your limit, then activate your glowing effect." it says. you do as they say and overclock x70 before glowing pink. "perfect, now go to one side of the chamber and run to the other, once with and once without the glow." you do as they say again, when your done they continue. "please state your highest power overblast, its side effects, and then perform the action." the voice says. "well, the highest i went was x500 but that completely shredded my arm, you want me to do it again?" you ask, "yes, we have healers on the premises." they answer. without hesitation you point your right arm at the glass and let out an x500 overblast like in the simulation, blood splatters onto the glass walls and your arm goes limp. when the smoke clears you see that you were only able to crack the glass. "thank you, now using your other arm would you please attack the wall behind you with all your might?" the voice requests, "got it!" you shout before backing up. you then throw your self at the wall and right before making contact, punching it. this completely shatters the glass, and sends you flying across the room with two horribly broken arms. after a while a medic finally came and healed you, when you stood up you looked around to see shocked faces.

later that night anti-matter sat down with you, mark, and kate. "well, this is gonna be fun. (y/n) your theory was correct, you cant beat physics. however you were still moving at 99% the speed of light, while glowing you turn into just a line of light and when attacking you were able to break through glass stronger than that of the presidents bunker. mark, you surpassed the heat of the sun and were able to partially melt the container. kate, i believe with more practice and maybe a support item you can control your quirk completely." he sums up, "damn, so no time travel?" you ask, "not anytime soon." anti-matter says with a chuckle.