chapter 35: the protector

after a few hours on the boats you all arrive at an airport. "we will now be taking this back to U.A." aizawa explains "if you drop the girls out of the plane again i will kill you." you threaten, "dont worry, the games are over now." aizawa says. after the long plane ride you finally arrive at U.A. "you are all dismissed for today, tomorrow we have lots to talk about." aizawa says.

the next day you walk with the girls to U.A. "what do you think he wants to talk about?" ochako asks, "i have no clue." you say sarcastically. "wait (y/n) you know what it is?" mina asks. "yea, but i cant tell you." you explain. "if he talked to (y/n) about it i bet its scary..." tooru says, "dont worry, youll be fine." you reassure. "and even if something goes wrong ill be there for you." you tell her. "thanks." she replys, "cmon guys, we are here." kyoka says. "okay." you reply with a smile. when you all take your eats aizawa walks in, "okay everyone today i will be explaining what we are doing for the next month. hero work studies. they are like your internships but with more notable pros, and while you are there you arent an intern, your a hero." aizawa explains, "so thats why you talked to (y/n)..." momo says, "yes and no, this is the first time that first years are allowed to participate, nezu asked me for a student that could speak for anyone and speak the truth. so i brought (y/n)." aizawa explains tiredly. "however this time you wont have thousands of offers, if you want to work you have to find them, use your connections from the internships." he adds. "your all dismissed."

after he leaves the girl club gathers together, "so who are you guys gonna talk to?" you ask them all, "i think im gonna talk to togata." izuku says, "me and ochao are talking with hado." tsu says, "i wanna talk to amajiki!" eijiro says happily, "most likely my father." shoto says, "u-um, shoto do you think you could take e to talk to him with you?" momo asks. "sure." he replys, "i think im gonna stay home." tooru says, "yea, same." mina says. "i dunno, maybe present mic?" kyoka says. "thats a pretty good idea." you reassure her. "who are you with?" mina asks, "nezu. he offered that so with his permission i could check up on any of you at your work studies." you reply. "honestly, pretty much what i expected." mina says.

over the net few days you notice izuku, eijiro, tsu, and ochako acting strangely, eventually you pulled them aside and confronted them. "whats going on?" you ask worriedly, "what do you mean?" ochako asks, "something is wrong. i dont know what it is but its obviously hurting you." you tell them. "you right...but they said we cant talk about it." eijiro says. "thats fine, just please know that i am here to support you if needed, or even if you just want it." you say, "you dont need to tell me anything, just know i care for all of you a lot and want you to be happy." you add. "thank you (y/n), i wish we could tell you i really do..." ochako says, "but aizawa said not even you." izuku finishes. "thats fine." you say with a smile. "im just here for support, i dont need to know anything." you say. "thank you." ochako says hugging you.

later that night you decide to keep an eye on ochako and tsu. around 2:00 am you hear doors opening, after a few minutes you follow them. when you get downstairs you see tsu and ochako talking with izuku and eijiro, "so you guys got the message too?" eijiro asks, "yea, lets go get togata." tsu says. 'thats who izuku was doing his work study with...' you think before following them. after you catch up to them you see them talking to amajiki, hado, and togata. "lets get going!" togata says. when they begin to walk away you follow them discreetly. 

after around an hour you arrive at a mansion where they change into their hero costumes. you also see aizawa there so you sneak up behind him. "why do i feel like i shouldnt be here?" when you say this he whips around and seems to be surprised to see you. "what are you doing here?" he demands, "well, i noticed they have been off lately, so i decided to stay up to make sure they werent breaking any rules, i followed them and here we are." you explain. "go back to the dorms. now." he orders. "no. at least not until you explain what is happening." you reply. "fine. ill be right back, ill go get them." aizawa says before running off. when he returns he has eijiro, izuku, ochako, and tsu behind him. "why are you here (y/n)?" ochako asks, "i followed you." you reply simply, "now explain." you demand. "well, on their work study togata and midoriya found a young girl and let her go, it turns out she is being used to make a quirk destroying drug. we are here to get her out." aizawa sums up. "im helping." you demand, "no you arent, you are going back to the dorms." aizawa says, "no, the only reason im even alive at this point is so i can protect them, if you need this many heroes and still have students involved then there is no way im leaving." you say stubbornly. "hold on." he says before waling away again, when he returns this time he has a female hero. "ryukyu, would you be willing to temporarily have (y/n) here on your team?" he asks tiredly. "why? i though no other students were joining." she says, "(y/n). go nuts." aizawa says before walking away, "well i should preface this by saying even if you dont give me permission i will still be helping, anyway these four are some of the closest thing to family i have left, from what i gathered you have ochako and tsu in your agency, i will be protecting them with or without your permission, even if it costs me my life." you say stubbornly. "fine, but you have to stay with them." ryukyu demands. "i will if thats what is best for them in that situation, but if i can get a villain away from them i will." you say. "fine." she replys.

after another few hours and questioning looks you answered with glares, the raid started. "everyone stand down! we have warrant!" a police officer yells, he then immediately gets punched aside by a huge dud with a small head. "what do you want!?" he asks attacking more, until ryukyu turns into a dragon and stops him. "ryukyu agency will handle this guy, you run ahead." she tells the other heroes. tsu, ochako, hado and you then jump into action. you overclock your full body and attack, ochako tries to make him float, tsu attacks him with her tongue, and hado flies up and shoots her rings. out of the corner of you eye you see him about to hit had, before he can you jump in front of him catching his fist, "whatcha doin?" you ask. "die!" he yells, "not until they are safe." you reply, punching him in the head which knocks him out. "thanks!  whats your name? whats your quirk? what do you mean 'not until they are safe'? hado asks quickly, "uhh, (y/n), overclock, and they are my family." you reply. "cool!" she shouts. "hey guys!" you hear izuku yell, "there is a chamber with villains on that crossroads!" he calls before running away. "we should go." you tell them, "not so fast..." you hear behind you, when you look you see the big dude standing up, "my quirk allows me to take other peoples life force to make me stronger." he says sisterly. "no!" you shout attacking him, "you fool, now i can just take your life force!" right after he yells this you can feel the strength leaving your body, before you collapse however you yell out, "you guys go! go help save the girl! ill be fine!" 'ultra overclock...x15.' you think to yourself before activating it, when you activate it you glow a blood red and your body feels like it is being ripped apart. "go! im fine!" you reassure them before attacking the guy. "you moron...you think your winning? you threatened something that means more to me than my own life...the well being of my family!" you yell while punching him, after a few hits he is out cold and you run over to where the girls are. "(y/n)!" ochako yells with tears in her eyes, "im fine."  you reassure. "get ready." ryukyu says before breaking through the road. "what?" you hear someone say, when you look down you see a gruesome scene, sir nighteye in a bloody heap, togata not much better, eri crying in his cape, and izuku fighting he guys on his own. "go. help them." you tell the girls, "no...(y/n)..." tsu says, "im probably already going to die, i went x15, i love you both." you say with a smile before jumping in to help izuku. "whats his quirk?" you ask him, "whatever he touches he can destroy and rebuild." he says. you then jump towards him thinking, 'if i buy enough time...the girls can get out.' "deku! go help the girls, im x15, it was fun being your friend, please protect them." you say before jumping into battle with the beak guy. "what!? reinforcements!?" he asks, "yea, quick question, have you seen a red riot?" you ask, "him? he was taken care of a while ago." he replys calmly. "no...eijiro would never go down that easy...well, if you see him again, tell him im sorry." you say, "for what?" he asks, intrigued. "this." you say before jumping at him and punching him in the head. 'eijiro, izuku, shoto, kyoka, tooru, momo, ochako, tsu, mina...im sorry.' you think. "what a weak punch!" the beak dude says. "then ill just have to get stronger...ULTRA OVERCLOCK x50!" you yell. "what!?" he questions, well, if you imagine my quirkless strength, then my overclock adds one exponent every time i use it...i cant safely go over x2...i went x10 once...it put me in a coma..." you say. at this point you are glowing orange and have fury in your eyes. "now, its time to die." you say before punching him hundreds of time in a second. you then knock off his mask and he starts hyperventilating. "no...not like this..." he says before touching the ground, he then makes a giant stone body for himself. 'time to end this...' you think. "thats it! ULTRA OVERCLOCK! x100!" you then start to glow white, "NO!" you hear ochako yell, you then look back at her and smile before telling him, "remember this, remember my name: the protector!" you then put all you power into a single punch aimed directly at the beak guy.

*izuku POV*

as soon as (y/n) told me too a ran off to help with eri, when i got there i picked her up and ran straight for ochako. "take her." i tell her, "im going to protect you. no matter what." i tell them. "tsu! get behind me!" i yell. "did he tell you?" you ask them. "yes..." ochako says crying. "its okay, this is what he wants." i say. "no..." sir nighteye says, "do not fret, and do not frown, he is doing this so you can be happy..." "ryukyu! get sir nighteye out of here! ill protect these three!" i yell to her. when she starts to fly with sir we all hear (y/n) yell, "ULTRA OVERCLOCK! x50!" "no..." tsu says, "he will be fine." i insist. "i-is the nice boy going to save us?" eri cries. "i promise, whatever the cost he will save us." ochako says while crying. "thats it! ULTRA OVERCLOCK! x100!" (y/n) screams, "NO!" ochako screams while trying to run forward. "get behind me." i order, "he is gonna do it...the madman..." i say, "what?" tsu asks, "i-i once gave hi the advice...that when you think your gonna lose...just smile...and protect the people you love." while i say this i notice him smile at ochako and then tell overhaul: "remember this, remember my name: the protector!" he then puts all his power into one punch. 'good...job...protector.'