chapter 144: the first event!

"aizawa you handle the rest here, (y/n) come with me." best jeanist says sternly. you follow him as he takes you to nezus office. he opens the door, and starts speaking, "principle, (y/n) (l/n), of class 3A, just attacked a villain, harming her." best jeanist says, "what did you do (y/n)...?" nezu asks in concern, "actually, i happen to have a way out of this one. first of all, voleraty was trespassing on private property, and as an employee of said property, i was fully in my right to get her out. also, i had pro hero: eraserheads permission to fight, before the moment he gave me permission i didnt raise a finger." you explain calmly, "true, however you also showed clearly that you let your emotions take over." best jeanist argues, "you bought that? damn, you really dont know me very well. while yes, i was fucking pissed, i didnt actually let that interfere. notice that voleraty herself called my bluff by taking kyoka hostage. as soon as someone other than myself was put in immediate danger, i dropped the act." you explain, "even still, the fact that you used your full power against her while jiro was in the way, means that you cant be trusted." he argues, "your kidding, right? not only was the hostage a fellow hero, who i knew could take the hit. as for avoiding hitting her, i had the same odds of hitting her as anyone else. i dont gain speed by throwing myself, i do it with my quirk. if you can manipulate a citizens clothes to move them out of danger, depending purely on your own skill, then how does taking a extremely small risk make me untrustworthy? if it were a lower level villain, i would have struck them from behind, however the mere fact that voleraty took my hit proves that she isnt some robber." you say, defending yourself. "(y/n) you may return to your dorms. i will handle everything from here." nezu says.

you go straight to the dorms and find everyone sitting in the common space with aizawa. "how did everything go?" aizawa asks boredly, "who knows, probably a fifty fifty shot whether i get arrested." you admit, "so not well." kyoka says. you look and see her holding a paper towel against her neck. "are you okay?" you ask in concern, "yeah, im fine. are you?" she asks, you then remember that voleraty cut your temple slightly. "oh, right, i forgot she got me a bit." you say with a chuckle. momo creates a bandage and you press it against the cut. "why did you suggest that?" mina asks quietly, "what do you mean?" you ask in confusion, "you said to let her kill you..." ochako says while silently crying, "the reason i said that, was that even if she didnt kill me, she would use me as either a bargaining chip or mental torture on you guys." you answer, "but it would have been worse if you died!" tooru argues, "maybe, but at least it would motivate you. if she took me alive, then not only would you lose confidence you wouldnt have any sort of closure." you explain. "it was an extremely poor plan. i was not even the only one who could have knocked voleraty away." tenya scolds, "i know, but its what i had at the time." you argue, "can we not do this right now? there is a chance that (y/n) is gonna get arrested! lets at least enjoy the last bit of time." izuku says.

when best jeanist returns he says that you have been let off the hook, however this was your last warning. misbehave again, and you will get arrested. over the next two weeks you do your best to stay out of trouble, because of this, you were allowed to participate in the sports festival. "so, do you have any inside info (y/n)?" denki asks while everyone waits for the event to start. "i know the recreational games are, but no students are supposed to." you reply, "so everyone knows except us?" izuku concludes, "yep." you confirm. "everyone please welcome to the field, our third years! classes A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, and K!" nezu says over the speakers. you walk with the rest of your class out to the field, everyone in your hero suits. "for our third year pledge, we have izuku midoriya, from class 3A!" midnight announces, "arent all the sports festival years supposed to have different people?" mina asks you quietly, "yes, but for third years, the public votes on who they want. nezu always gets picked, but the other two change year to year." you explain, "oh..." mina says. izuku walks up to the small stage, and speaks into the microphone. 

"before we start, i want to touch on one or two things. first of all, some of you consider one of my classmates a traitor. here is what i say to that, if he is a traitor, then so am i. much like last year, i aim to prove that he is the most heroic person i know. aside from that, i feel the need to add that anyone who actually knows (y/n), agrees with me. good luck everyone, have fun." izuku says. the crowd stays silent, and izuku calmly walks back to his spot. "with that statement over, it is time for our first event! this year we will be doing a mountain climbing race!" midnight announces, causing the crowd to cheer. "when the event begins, all the students will exit the arena, right on the other side of the gate is a mountain! the whole thing is fully manmade, but be careful! there are traps hidden throughout! the first sixty four to reach the top will move on to the next round!" she adds. "so its a race to exercise all muscles, along with both skill and intellect." tenya says, "sounds like it." you agree. 

everyone moves over to the exit, and aizawa counts down. "3...2...1, begin." he says boredly. everyone rushes into the small tunnel, however a few, including you, stay behind. you watch as a wall of ice erupts out of the tunnel, most likely from shoto. "i knew it!" izuku cheers. you look around and see that most of your class predicted shotos move, "hey ochako, wanna give us a lift?" you ask, she nods and touches everyone left. when you all reach the top of the stadium, she releases everyone. "good luck getting down!" she yells while jumping off the edge, floating herself before hitting the ground. you overclock x70 and jump towards the mountain, giving you somewhat of a head start. 'ochako, izuku, katsuki, and maybe a few others will excel at this! i gotta move fast!" you think before using overblasts to fly to the peak. before you can reach it, you hear a rumbling. you look down and see a rock slide going straight towards a group of students, you leap down and use an x200 overblast to destroy the rocks. "careful!" you warn, "get out of here you criminal!" one of them shouts. you ignore him, and keep moving after stopping the rocks. when you reach the peak, you see izuku and ochako facing off against a robot. "situation?" you ask when you land, "missiles, guns, flamethrower, and seems invincible." izuku says quickly. "got it! easy!" you exclaim while running towards it, "draw its fire!" you scream. while they distract the robot, you hold on to it tightly with one hand. "good luck!" you shout before using your other arms overblasts, to fly high into the air. when you reach your limit, you use a final x500 overblast. using your momentum, you hurl the robot into the upper atmosphere, before hurtling down to the floor. right before hitting the ground, you use another x500 overblast from your other arm, to slow your fall. "holy shit! that worked!" you exclaim. turning around, you notice izuku and ochako sitting in chairs marked with a one and two. "good work!" izuku praises, you sit down in the third chair, and wait for the others to arrive.