chapter 170: extreme training!

a few days later, you find yourself in morning homeroom staring at aizawa with the rest of the class. "as im sure you all know, graduation is closing in upon us. you have just over a month, meaning that time is going to be training hell. by the time you leave here, you will be full fledged heroes." aizawa says sternly. "so what are we gonna be doing?" eijiro asks, "we will start off by having each of you complete a training regiment with a pro hero. luckily several have already volunteered, so you will be able to choose between endeavor, mirko, ryukyu, crust, hawks, kamui woods, and edgeshot." aizawa answers. "are we gonna get to choose who we go with?" denki asks, "yes, figure it out by the end of homeroom. do it silently though, as i dont want your classmates weighing in on your decision." as the room goes silent, you immediately write your decision.

about twenty minutes later, everyone has turned in their slip of paper. "alright, each pro is waiting at a different gym. get your gym uniforms on, and meet at your designated one in ten minutes." aizawa says before leaving.
while changing into your uniform, you notice mina hopping around more than usual. "you alright? it looks like you drank a straight cup of espresso." you say in concern, "yep! im just really excited! i havent gotten to work with edgeshot yet, so i cant wait!" she exclaims, "you chose edgeshot? i went with kamui woods." kyoka says, "im with mirko! i wanna keep my hand to hand skills average at least!" ochako adds. "come on, hurry up! we gotta get going!" tooru rushes.

while standing in front of your chosen gym, you notice several other students standing around. shoji, sato, rin, and tsuburaba. "hey guys, you choose crust too?" you ask, "i mean, our quirks  are really similar." rin shrugs, "yeah, i have offense down to an art, but i need to be able to protect people too." sato says while tsuburaba nods. "why are you here? i figured you would be with mirko or someone more combat based." shoji asks, "well i normally would, but i still havent even been able to activate the force field thing from the sports festival. im hoping crust can help me with that." you explain. "i wouldnt doubt it. his quirk is based mainly on defense, after all." sato encourages. "are you the students that are training with me?" a voice asks behind you. as you turn, you see a large man with a green cloak, combed black hair with a white line down the middle, and an old fashioned eye mask. "yes, whats first crust?" shoji asks, "everyone come inside! then tell me what you hope to learn from this." he answers.

after getting settled, everyone begins explaining their goals. "i have my fighting down to a tee, but i am really lackluster when it comes to protecting citizens. i want to learn how to use my brute strength not only for offense, but defense." sato explains.

"i want to make myself a wall nothing can pass through. if someone is behind me, then even a bullet shouldnt be able to hit them. i know i cant be invincible, but i need to be impenetrable." shoji answers.

"i want to learn from your experience. my quirk is extremely similar to yours, so i thought you might be able to help me master it even more." rin says confidently.

"my solid air needs to be stronger. right now an above average punch will break it, so i want to give it more tensile strength." tsuburaba explains.

"as for me, i need a lot of work. during the sports festival i accidentally created a force field of sorts, and i havent been able to recreate it since. even when faced with loss and breaking of limbs, it didnt activate. i came to you with hopes you can help me control this power." you say.

he nods at the five of you, and takes a few steps back. "i can work with that! since we have a week, five days will be dedicated to helping one of you, and the other two will be repetitive tasks to help you grow, from exercise to using your quirk!"

day 1

as you are doing pull ups in the ceiling rafters, you glance around and see everyone else being pushed to their limits as well. sato is hauling a tire back and forth across the gym, rin is punching a cement wall with his scaled arm, tsuburaba is submerged underwater, holding his breath until he starts losing consciousness, and shoji is rapidly covering an entire wall with arms and then retracting them all. crust is patrolling around the room, making sure everyone is doing as instructed. you sigh as more sweat drips into your eye, and continue pushing on.