chapter 127: dont tell kyoka!

the net morning you wake up bright and early to help kate with her training. "glad you made it (y/n), thanks for volunteering." anti-matter says when you arrive by the room she was in yesterday. "no problem." you say, "alright, so basically we are going to have her talk to you repeatedly until something happens, or doesnt." he explains, "sounds good to me." you say before entering the room. inside there is a single table with two chairs on opposite ends, in one chair is kate. you sit down in the other chair and she starts talking. "so, why dont you tell me about your friends back home?" she suggests, "alright. do you want to know about my personal relationships with them, or how they are as heroes?" you ask, "lets start with the hero stuff." kate says. "well, i guess to start there is izuku midoriya. his quirk is superpower, it basically lets him have insane strength but if he uses it wrong he will break himself. for example right now if he goes over 50% of his full power he will break his bones." you explain, "interesting. who else?" kate asks curiously, "well there is his girlfriend, ochako uraraka. her quirk lets her negate the gravity of whatever she touches. they have been together for just over a year, i think. they are an adorable couple." you explain, "okay, how do you know uraraka?" kate asks, "well, she is one of my best friends. we met at the beginning of school, but immediately bonded a lot." you explain, "what other girls are there?" kate asks in a tone that reminds you of someone. "a while back my parents were killed by villains, since then my closest friends parents adopted me. she is mina ashido, she has pink skin and is the person who cares most about gossip." you explain, "what kind of gossip?" kate asks, "mainly crushes and stuff like that. for the first year her favorite pastime was playing matchmaker with our classmates. now that i think about it, im pretty sure she figured out all the relationships before they even happened." you explain. 

"you mentioned a girl named kyoka before, but besides her being your girlfriend you havent said anything else about her. whats up with that?" kate asks, "kyoka is wonderful, however i dont like telling people i dont know about her. this last spring she was kidnapped, the only reasons the villains even want after her were to get to me, and to sell her into a human trafficking ring." you explain with a scowl, "sorry, i didnt mean to bring back bad memories." kate apologizes, "its fine, she just means a lot to me. when i mention her im more of joking, i have a bad habit of  getting myself hurt. kyoka does not approve of that." you say, "well i would imagine. since you have been here you have already broken both your arms several times, and gotten permanent burn scars." kate says, "true, although she has seen me go through worse. she has watched me die three times now, i even jumped out of a plane to save her. i hate heights!" you say, "what is the dumbest thing you have done for her?" kate asks, "well, you know all might, correct?" you ask, "of course i do." kate replys, "well i cussed him out and then tried to beat him senseless." you explain, "what?! why?!" she asks in surprise, "for a training exercise they dropped everyone out of a plane. except me. at the time i had no self preservation, so i would have probably ended up dying. anyway, after they dropped everyone without warning and all might held me back, i jumped anyway. i ended up taking the brunt of the impact to save kyoke since she was terrified, and then when all might arrived i tried to attack him." you explain with a shrug. "you also mentioned she watched you die, what is that about?" kate asks suspiciously, "the first time i didnt actually die, just went into a coma. next i actually died in her arms, that was after her kidnapping. then the third time was thankfully just a simulation, however she still watched it happen." you explain, "how are you alive if you actually died?" kate asks, "well, the reason i was in the come is because i needed to save this little girl. her quirk lets her rewind things, even people. she was being used to make drugs by a yakuza group. she was allowed to attempt to revive me, and it worked." you explain."okay, nothing is happening. you guys can leave." anti-matter says over the speaker system. "bummer! at least i got to learn more about you." kate says, "yea! see ya later kate!" you say before walking out of the door.

later that night you got a knock on your door, its mark. "hey dude, what can i help you with?" you ask, "can i take you up on that offer? to talk about what i saw yesterday?" mark asks sadly, "of course! come in, sit down." you say. when he gets settled he begins to talk. "me and kate didnt have a great childhood. when she first got her quirk she was confused, so she just kept talking. eventually it became an issue when her teacher was starting to act creepily around her, so we started homeschooling. we both learned ASL and we made a rule that she couldnt talk to anyone for any reason that wasnt in the family. eventually when we got to high school one of our teachers helped us a lot. when i pictured her yesterday, my mind went back then...what if we didnt pull her out of school?" mark asks anxiously, "i completely understand. during our first year of high school, one of my female friends were a victim of attempted rape. when i was in a coma i saw several of them being abused. when my girlfriend was kidnapped they fucking groped her and were going to sell her. as a hero you want to believe that nobody is truly evil, however even before quirks there were still cases like these. its best not to dwell on the 'what ifs'. look toward the future, and how you can prevent those nightmares from ever coming true." you say seriously, "thank you (y/n). that helped a lot." mark says before getting up and leaving.