chapter 110: final exams!

a few days later you are waiting for aizawa to enter the room, after taking the written portion of the finals. "(y/n)! whats the answer to question twenty eight?" mina whispers to you, "figure it out, its not that difficult." you say. a few minutes later aizawa enters the room and begins speaking, "you all better be done, pass everything forward to the front, and then ill take them." aizawa says sternly. after a few minutes he has collected everything and announces what you are doing for the practical. "alright. this year there is no possible way for you all to pass, each of you will be going against one or more of your classmates, however if you dont even try you will be expelled." aizawa explains, "sir! how were the battles figured out and kept balanced?" tenya asks, "we took pretty much everything into consideration. strength, grades, strategy, quirks, battle experience, and relationships were all taken into account to determine everything." aizawa answers, "are we gonna know who we are fighting?" izuku asks, "no. you will only know who your fighting when you see them, however after your test you will have the choice to watch everyone elses as well." he explains, "now everyone change into your hero suits, inside the cases is where you need to go, however do not tell anyone what it is." he adds before everyone leaves.

when you arrive at your arena you are faced with a large forested area. "for this exercise you will have to completely incapacitate your opponent, either by restraining them or knocking them out." aizawa says over the loudspeakers. "go." he adds. you immediately begin by running into the forest, off the path. 'im alone, and could be against any number of people.' you think while running. 'perfect!' you think as you see a small clearing, you then climb up one of the trees and fire an overblast into the air. 'hopefully i can get a drop on them.' you think while you wait. while waiting you suddenly feel the branch your perched on begin to bend, however before you can figure out why you fall. 'that should have been strong enough, who could sabotage it without me seeing?' you think while moving towards the middle of the clearing, 'it could be mina, tokoyami, or maybe shoji.' you think while scanning the shrubbery. suddenly you are punched in the face, "tooru." you say while listening for her, however before you can find her mina attacks you as well. "well shit." you say before overclocking x10. while your blocking attacks from mina and still attempting to find tooru, you hear a low thumping sound start to get louder quickly, 'kyoka too?!' you think. you then feel your ears begin to bleed and you cant hear anything anymore, taking this as an opportunity mina continues the attacks, now joined by both kyoka and tooru. 'think of a plan!' you tell yourself. before the girls can hurt you too badly you overclock all the way to x40 and run away, while running you realize that it was aizawa and nezu that set this up...'they know me too well to make me beat them up, they must not be telling me something.' you think while running. after a few minutes you reach an area with even more overgrowth. 'what am i gonna do?!' you think while pushing some vines aside.

out of nowhere the ground begins to break and mina charges at you while throwing acid. 'thats it!' you think before kicking the ground as hard as you can, sending dust into the air, before they can react you backtrack a few meters and rip the vines from the tree. 'now i can just tie them up, i can even see tooru because of the dust!' you think while waiting for the girls to attack. soon after mina runs at you, when she does you hit her in the head with a weak overblast and tie her hands and feet together. tooru and kyoka then attack at once, luckily it seems that tooru couldnt get all the dust off, as they attack you dodge kyokas first attack and tie her up, quickly followed by tooru.

after a minute or two of nothing happening you decide to announce your condition. "i cant hear. is the test over?" you ask, when the girls nod you untie them. you then follow them back to the entrance where you see aizawa with recovery girl, after she heals you aizawa explains what he said. "while you were deaf, i explained that all four of you passed. the real test here was making sure nobody hesitated or held back, as for your actual grade we were marking you on how you did overall, we were also giving extra points for overcoming challenges instead of just powering through." he explains, "so another rational fucking deception?" you ask irritably, "yep." aizawa says bluntly. "we were one of the last groups, but we can still watch momo and ochako fight katsuki, and shoto with tsuyu fighting izuku." mina adds. "well lets get going then." you say while following aizawa back to the viewing room. when you arrive eijiro and denki approach your group, "why did you have to only shoot my girlfriend in the head?" he asks jokingly, "she deserved it." you say, "i had no idea you guys were so good at strategy!" denki compliments, "that was all kyoka! most of it she came up with on the spot too." tooru says, "so (y/n) and midoriya are rubbing off on you, huh?" kaminari asks jokingly, "apparently." you say. after a few more minutes of chatting you make your way to the screen, on it you see katsuki doing pushups to prepare, and ochako talking with momo, presumably strategy. "your goal will be to capture your opponent with minimum injuries. go." aizawa says, when they hear this the three all run full speed into the cityscape.