chapter 115: atom shredding

after helping eijiro get patched up you head straight to bed. the next morning while the rest of your class is eating breakfast, you go get aizawa. "hey, you said for us to be healed me and eijiro need to get recovery girl to do it without transportation, right?" you ask, "yes. why?" he asks, "well i might have done some math." you say, "what are you talking about" aizawa asks, "at x70 i can move over seventeen billion times the speed of light." you say bluntly, "you what?! shouldnt that rip apart atoms and cause insane side effects?" he asks worriedly, "well, yea. i think my quirk somehow counteracts it though." you explain, "damn." he says, awestruck. "is it even possible?" he asks, "theoretically, yes. although my abilities might stop increasing when it hits the laws of the universe." explain, "so your speed wouldnt increase any more, only your strength." he says, "yea, but i might be wrong." you answer, "well then if you can move at the speed of light, then how is there any chance of beating you?" he asks, "like ive said before. i dont want to be number one. i dont want to be some unstoppable force. while right now it might be good, what if i make world peace, nothing bad happens for years, people stop training to be heroes, and someone even more powerful than me comes along?" you ask, "it would cause an extinction event at least." aizawa answers, "exactly. let izuku be number one, let him be the symbol. hell, i dont want anyone else to know my power. i need to be a last resort." you say, "okay. ill handle everything when we get back. nezu will obviously need to know, probably all might as well. but beyond that nobody else will know." aizawa confirms, "good." you say before walking out to your classmates.

"(y/n)! did you sleep in again?" eijiro asks as you approach a table, "no, he was gone before any of us woke up." mina answers, "yea, sorry about that. i was taking a walk and then aizawa wanted to talk to me about my training." you lie, "what about?" tenya asks, "just some stuff about getting healed." you explain, "what do you mean?" eijiro asks, "they sent a car this morning to pick up recovery girl, she should be here soon." you explain, "nice!" eijiro says with a grin, "oh, i gotta go get her." you say before running off. as soon as you get out of sight you overclock x70 and run back down the road, however before you knew it you were there. 'so i guess when im that fast i dont really have much precision.' you think before walking into the building, when you get to recovery girls office she looks surprised to see you. "what are you doing here? and what happened to your hands?" she asks, "ill explain, but nothing i say can leave this room." you say, "alright, fine." she says, "the hands were just training, but i did the math and at x70 i can travel faster than anything." you explain, "i doubt that you could beat anything dear, there are a lot of fast things." she says, "i meant over seventeen billion times the speed of light." you say, "well...that is very fast indeed." she says, "anyway, could i borrow you for a minute or two?" you ask, "sure, but wh-" however you cut her off by picking her up and running back to camp. "-y, how did we get here (y/n)?" she asks while looking around, "i carried you, now do you think you could heal mine and eijiros hands?" you ask, "fine." she says before kissing your hand, when she does you can feel your bones mend. "eijiro!" you shout, after a minute he comes running, "hey!" he says, "let me see your hands." recovery girl demands. after healing him and sending him back to camp she turns to you, "this power of yours is extremely unsettling, are you sure its even safe?" she asks, "yes. and when we get back aizawa said he was gonna handle everything." you say before picking her back up and dropping her off at U.A.

after you return you head back to your dorms for when the side effects of your quirk take place, however when your time was up you didnt feel like passing out. after a minute or two of resting you go to tell aizawa. "well it makes sense. it could be from one for all, it could be from your extended use the other day, or it could even be from yesterday. either way, it seems like no matter how much you overclock, it only puts you at half your original strength. without overclocks." he explain, "well thats handy." you say, "and thats an understatement, lets say you ran out of time at x70, then every hour you wold just have to go down one overclock." he explains, "great. another way im too powerful." you joke, "yea. if it really is only ever half your original strength, then you could stay at x40 for over a day." aizawa says, "what if i dont want this amount of power? whenever the class finds out that im now easily more powerful than anyone else on the planet, they are gonna flip." you say sadly, "except they wont. you have already been proven one of the most powerful people ever since your fight with overhaul, everyone knew that with how much your strength is growing and how much your willing to lose, that you would be number one." aizawa explains. "thanks...i think im gonna go take a walk, i wanna think about all this." you say before exiting his cabin. 

however little did you know that after you left, he got a text from nezu.

nezu: postmortal agreed. he will arrive tomorrow night.

AN: so yea. i decided to spend like an hour on google and got this.
(y/n) can move at approximately: 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 MPH, or 7.3973362E87 MPHthere isnt an actual name for it i dont think, but its between a vigintillion and a googol. (according to wikipedia)