chapter 129: homecoming

after a while of sitting with kate, the police finally arrive. "hello?" an officer calls, you walk out into the light so he can see you. "hey, those two attacked us. my name is the protector, thats anti-matter, and heat wave along with tender are around the corner." you explain, "does anyone require medical attention?" he asks, "yep. everyone except tender. however, only me and anti-matter are in extreme condition." you explain, "okay. sit tight, an ambulance will be here soon."

by the time more authorities arrive, you pass out from blood loss. when you awaken you find yourself in a hospital. "well damn. back here again i guess." you whisper. "oh good! your awake!" you look to your left and see kate sitting down, "hey kate. are the others okay?" you ask, "yep! mark woke up before the paramedics came, and anti-matter is already back up and moving." she explains, "hello mr (l/n). good to see you awake now." a doctor says as he walks in, "hey, how bad is my arm?" you ask, "it will be fine. as long as your feeling alright, you are free to leave." the doctor explains, "cool." you say before sitting up.
when you make your way back to the lab with kate, you find anti-matter laying on the roof. "what are you doing?" you ask, "sunbathing. glad to see your okay." he says offhandedly. suddenly, mark walks out of the door. "hey guys! glad to seee your finally okay (y/n)!" he says with a grin, "finally?" you ask questioningly, "its been three days." kate says worriedly, "yeah. you were all supposed to go home the day after you were attacked, however i have contacted your teachers and i have gotten five more days." anti-matter says, "what?! why?!" mark asks, "because you all need more time. this will allow me to take a day to train each of you individually, along with some extra time." anti-matter explains, "sounds good. are any of us training today?" you ask, "no. we start tomorrow, and that will be with you (y/n)." anti-matter says. "now go get some rest, tomorrow will be challenging." anti-matter orders.

during your day of training you and anti-matter spar all day, by the time you finish several of your fingers are broken. after both mark and kates training days, ant-matter called everyone into a meeting. "so, its finally the end, huh?" mark asks, "yes. you have all grown greatly in these few months. now i have a question for all of you. why do you want to be a hero?" anti-matter asks. "to be able to prove my strength." mark says with a grin, "i wanna be able to live a somewhat normal life. thanks to you guys, i can now." kate explains, "how about you, (y/n)?" mark asks. "i dont want to be number one. i dont want money. all i want is to make people feel safe. when they see me, they should feel secure. i want to make a world that my family can live in happily, one where they dont have to be afraid. i want to protect everyone i can." you say confidently, "wonderful. time will fly you back first (y/n), then he will be back for the two of you." anti-matter says.

when you make it back to japan, you see aizawa waiting for you. as you walk up to him, he punches you in the cheek. "what the hell?!" you ask, "are you aware, just how worried you made everyone?! not only did you not make any contact, anti-matter requested an extra week!" aizawa scolds, "shit, you right. i completely forgot to call when i was in town. the agency itself had zero cell service or wifi, i didnt even have my phone on me unless we were going on patrol." you explain, "well everyone else is back from their work studies now, and they are going to murder you." he warns. while walking back to U.A the two of you stay silent, however when you get in front of the dorms you have an idea. "hey aizawa, can you do me a favor?" you ask, "what?" aizawa asks, "just go in there and gather everyone, tell them im not coming back for a while or something. im gonna sneak in and surprise them." you explain, "sure, whatever." aizawa says before walking in. "iida. gather everyone, i have news about (y/n)." you hear aizawa say from outside, after a few minutes you can hear him start talking again. "as you know anti-matter wanted (y/n) for longer, he has been confirmed to be gone for another six months." as soon as he says this everyone gasps. you sneak in, to see everyone gathered around the couches. "also, apparently the reason he has made no contact is because there is no cell service or wifi at the agency." aizawa adds when he sees you approaching, "did this fucker really desert us?!" katsuki asks angrily, "nope!" you say behind them, everyone whips around and kyoka runs to you. "(y/n)! your back!" she says before hugging you tightly, "hey kyoka. sorry about the no contact, the only time i had my phone was during patrols." you explain, "wait, are you not staying in america?" mina asks, "nope! im back for good." you say with a grin, "good! we missed you!" ochako says, "yeah man! we thought you were dead or something!" denki agrees, "well im not! however, you guys are gonna kill me..." you say hesitantly, "why?" kyoka asks darkly, "well..." you say before slipping your shirt off. "we know its been two months (y/n), but you dont need to show kyoka anything yet." mina immediately teases. your back is to the class so kyoka can see your front and arms, with the burn marks and large scars. "h-how?" she asks, you start seeing tears in her eyes and give her a hug. "whats going on?" momo asks worriedly, you turn around and everyone gasps, seeing your scars. "most of the normal scars are from testing my limits, these few on my arm are from knives, and the burn marks are from a villain that was raining lava down on the city." you explain, "so...are they permanent?" tooru asks, "yeah. im happy i did that work study though, i learned a lot." you explain, "you better have! anti-matter better have a good explanation why i didnt get all of you back!" kyoka says frustratedly, "its alright kyoka. i did learn that if i use a x750 overblast my arm gets ripped off!" you say with a grin, "and how did you figure that one out?" izuku asks, "touche." you say.