chapter 107: new friendships!

after talking with aizawa, you were told that you and three people of your choosing were going to be interviewed the next day for the news. on the walk back to the dorms you discuss it with the group. "who are you gonna bring with you?" izuku asks, "well kyoka for sure. maybe also a teacher or something?" you respond unsurely, "that would make sense." kyoka agrees, "all im hearing is that (y/n) is playing favorites." ochako teases, "your right. screw all of you, im going with koda, shoji, and tokoyami." you joke, "hilarious." kyoka says while ochako giggles. "maybe one of kyokas parents? you could also then choose someone else for another perspective on all this." izuku suggests, "good idea! who should we take kyoka?" you ask, "as ,uch as i hate it, you already know the answer." she says while shaking her head, "who?" ochako asks, "my approval pal, kyotoku!" you say with a grin, "on no..." izuku says worriedly, "it will be fine." you say. "well between you and my dad, im gonna need someone else at least somewhat grounded." kyoka says while you all approach the dorms. "maybe tsu? or momo?" ochako suggests, "not katsuki." izuku advises, "i know who my third is, however until we start your gonna hate it." you reveal, "who?" kyoka asks, "its a surprise." you say with a smirk. "a hint maybe?" ochako pleads while walking through the front door of the dorms, "he is very grounded, just not how you know him." you say cryptically, "now im gonna go for a bit of a walk." you say before turning and leaving.

during your walk you find yourself in a wooded area of the campus, in the distance you hear some talking so you go to investigate. "come out my friends! there is no need to be scared of me! i am alone as always!" you hear a childlike voice yell. 'another traitor maybe?' you think  as you approach quietly. when you round the corner however, you are surprised, there in a field with a bunch of animals stood koda. "koda?" you ask, he then flinches and turns to you quickly, he then begins to try to speak to you in sign language, however you understand none of it. "im sorry koda, i cant sign." you say apologetically, "a-are you alone?" he asks quietly, "yea, just wanted to take a walk." you say, "o-okay then." he says awkwardly, "hey, so i heard you say 'alone like always' to the animals earlier, whats that all about?" you ask, "w-well, sometimes i c-come and c-chat with them, they a-are all nice." he says nervously, "do they have names?" you ask, "yea! the deer is named amanda, the squirrels that are here are jim and tom, the tortoise goes by shelly, and those birds there are mark, molly, malik, and marcus." koda explains with a smile. "thats really amazing!" you say happily, "would you like to meet them?" koda offers, "is that possible?!" you ask in surprise, "well yea, you cant really communicate but i can translate if you would like." he explains, "well sure then." you say. he then gestures for you to follow him and walks up to amanda. "hi there amanda! this is my friend (y/n), would you like to meet him?" koda asks, the deer makes a grunting sound and koda turns to you. "she said yes!" he says excitedly. you then face the deer and wave, "hey koji, im here whe-oh." you hear a timid voice say behind you, you then turn and see amajiki standing there. "oh! tamaki you made it!" koda says while giving him a hug, "y-yeah, what is (y/n) doing here though?" he asks, "well he was on a walk and stumbled upon me talking with everyone, i was introducing him to amanda!" koda explains, "i see." he says, "do you guys do this often?" you ask, "yea, at least once a week. during the raid on overhaul i accidentally found something out about my quirk, turns out if i ingest even a tiny bit of somebodys blood im able to use their quirk." amajiki explains, "so you just eat kodas blood?" you ask, "no, the two of us have been meeting here since the start of school, when koji found out about it he got a syringe of his blood from recovery girl, since then i just lick a drop of it and i can communicate with the animals." amajiki answers, "cool." you say, "yea, animals are very kind." amajiki agrees.

after a few hours of the two of them translating for you,  you eventually decide to call it quits. "well im off, see you guys later!" you say with a grin, "alright (y/n), and call me koji." koda says, "yea, and me tamaki." amajiki agrees, "okay then! tell everyone ill see them later!" you say before walking away.

when you make it back to the dorms its mid afternoon. "where have you been?" mina asks when you walk in the door, "just taking a walk." you lie, "jeez, did you walk over every inch of school grounds or something?" tooru asks, "nope, just lost track of time." you say, "whatever. kyoka wanted to talk to you by the way." mina says boredly, "thanks!" you say before going up to her dorm room. "whats up?" you ask while sitting on her bed, "well i called my parents, my dad agreed to come tomorrow." she explains, "perfect, im gonna call my third choice tonight." you say, "perfect. i told dad to come over tomorrow around eleven, the interview itself is at noon in the common room." kyoka says, "alright, me and my pick will be there." you say, "perfect, see you later." she says with a small wave. "bye! love you!" you say as you walk out to call a friend.