chapter 116: test of courage!

the next morning after breakfast you and eijiro had to continue training. "now that you are healed we will break you even more! thanks to pixie bob, we have some special walls for you to climb. each one is about ten feet tall, all with their own perils and challenges, no quirks allowed! your classmates already started so you must now as well!" tiger commands, when you and eijiro approach the first tower you see both sato and tetsutetsu still struggling on it. "holy crap! how are we gonna climb this?" eijiro asks, when you take a closer look at the wall you see that its made of solid stone, has very few handholds, and is jagged. "well i guess we work our way from one handhold to another, probably with some risky stuff in between." you say before starting to climb. after a couple hours you are finally able to reach the top. "how dude?!" eijiro asks while still struggling a few feet off the ground, "with how jagged the wall is there are some places you can just stab your shoe, others you kinda have to treat like a gigantic tree." you answer while climbing down a ladder on the back.

when you walk over to the second wall you see that its very brittle, but has random thick roots sprouting out of it. you jump up and grab a root, you then use your hands to hold on, and your feet to dig small places to stand. when your done with this you move up slightly and repeat the process. about half way through you notice eijiro and tetsutetsu join you while sato is still stuck on the first wall. when you reach the top you turn around to see most of your classmates completely exhausted. 

"all of you! for the final hour move onto the last wall!" tiger orders, as you approach it you see that this one has spikes of dirt, stone, and wood coming out from all over it, along with zero handholds and being rock solid makes it very difficult to climb. "is this even possible?" sato asks tiredly, "probably not, but we can try!" you say before taking off your shoes. "what the heck are you doing?" tetsutetsu asks, "using my head." you say before jumping and impaling your shoe on a spike, you then use it to pull yourself up and get your other shoe impaled on a higher one. "well what now?" eijiro asks, "this." you say before removing the bottom shoe and repeating the process. after a few more spikes eijiro takes his shoes off to join as well, while sato and tetsutetsu try to figure another way around it. when you reach a skinnier spike eijiro calls to you, "(y/n)! hold on to that spike and give me your shoes, i have an idea!" he explains, "alright!" you say before dropping them down to him, as he sits on a spike he ties all the laces together, making a makeshift rope, about seven feet long. "heads up!" he calls before dropping one end down, "grab onto that, then one at a time me and (y/n) will pull you guys up here where there are more spikes to climb with!" eijiro explains as sato grabs hold. when eijiro hands part up to you, you brace yourself against the wall and begin to pull. "its working!" sato calls, and soon enough her was up with the two of you. "now you!" eijiro calls before dropping it back down. now with satos help, you were able to pull tetsutetsu up much faster.

after a few more minutes of struggle everyone is able to reach the top. "excellent teamwork and problem solving! the last wall was supposed to be impossible!" tiger says after you all climb down. "it felt impossible." eijiro says, "well now that you have finished you can join your class for dinner!" tiger announces before walking away. when you make it down to the pavilion you see everyone else is already there, however it seems that they have only been there a few minutes. "hey guys!" ochako says as you approach your normal table. "no bloody hands today i hope." mina says, "nope! but no shoes either, we had to climb these spiky walls and we used our shoes to do it." eijiro explains, "you you shredded your shoes for training?" izuku asks, "yea." you say before sitting down. "well how did your training go izuku and tenya?" mina asks, "extremely well! not only is it somewhat difficult, we also get to work with some of our closest friends." tenya answers, "yea, although i might have forgotten how hard rocks are without my quirk." izuku says while holding his face in embarrassment, "i feel you man. it aint easy." you say.

a little while later aizawa clears his throat to get everyones attention. "tonight we will be doing something somewhat for fun. a test of courage." aizawa announces, "will this count as our second hero training?" denki asks, "no. and its very simple, you will be spilt into two teams, the scaring team, and the walking team. all the scaring team need to do is scare the walking team, the walking team however half to make it all the way around the path and end up back here." aizawa explains, "what are the teams?" mina asks.

"the teams are as follows:

walkers:

team A: (y/n) and jiro

team B: asui and kirishima

team C: uraraka and midoriya

team D: iida and yaoyorozu

team E: hagakure and ashido

everyone else are on the scaring team, you all have ten minutes to set up whatever you want, however you cannot touch the opposite team." aizawa says before the scaring team runs into the forest.

after ten minutes your team enters first, nothing really happens though until a few minutes in. "(y/n) whats that?!" kyoka asks worriedly while pointing towards a bus, as you walk over at least twenty different crows fly out of it. "holy shit!" you say while jumping back, "must be koji." you reason, however before you can continue moving a chill comes over you. "why, what do we have here?" a voice asks behind you, as you turn you see a large silhouette, it has a deformed head and is massive. "you really thought you beat me last time?" the voice asks, however at this point you realize the voice is death wraiths. "(y/n)..." kyoka says while holding your arm, "stay back." you say before putting yourself between her and whatever the thing is. "shouldnt you worry about yourself?" death wraiths voice asks as you notice a very bright light starting to form behind it, "kyoka stay back! i wont lose you again!" you say worriedly, "oh, but what are you going to do? scream? nobody can help you now. it took three of you to beat me last time!" death wraith says, "and ill do it again!" you yell before feeling everything become hazy. "now then, why dont you join me?" death wraith asks, without doing anything your body begins to walk towards the silhouette. "(y/n)!" kyoka says, with terror in her eyes, 'wait...the silhouette, the head, the light, the voice...this must be part of the game! the silhouette is shoji, the head tokoyami, the light shoto, and the voice must be shinso with his voice changer! that would explain why i cant control my body...' you think, "(y/n)...w-were the nightmares true?" kyoka asks, while starting to cry, "nightmares? guys stop!" you hear katsuki yell, when you are released from shinsos quirk you run directly to kyoka. "w-what?" she asks in a panic, "its alright. this was part of the game, they had shinso control me, thats all." you say while hugging her, "guys! stop now!" you yell, soon enough the small group all come over to you and kyoka, while she continues crying into your shoulder. "huh? wait, whats wrong?!" eijiro asks as he and tsuyu round the corner, "everything is fine now. we are gonna head back to camp. you guys keep playing." you say before picking kyoka up and walking through the woods, directly at camp.

when you arrive you see aizawa talking to someone, however when he notices you he runs over. "what happened?!" he asks while looking at kyoka, now asleep in your arms. "the scaring team unintentionally made one of her nightmare situations come true, everyone else is fine though." you explain, "who is this kid?" the man aizawa was talking to asks while walking over. he was wearing some kind of hero suit, it had a helmet with a completely black visor, leather jacket, military pants, and combat boots. "who are you" you ask, "postmortal this is (y/n), (y/n) this is postmortal, he will be helping with class tomorrow." aizawa explains. "pleasure to meet you kid." he says while putting his hand on your shoulder.