chapter 146: the tournament

*two days ago*

"you want us to what?!" tenya asks in surprise, "i want you guys to design me a new hero suit." you say bluntly, "you already did that so many times though, why again?" ochako asks, "im not really sure why, but this one doesnt feel right...it feels so limited. i want my costume to feel like a second skin, you know?" you explain, "that makes sense, so you want us to make it?" momo asks, "yes. you guys can choose whatever you want, just dont go overboard. all i need is an actual sketch and everything by the end of the day." you answer before walking away. four hours later, you hear a knock on your door. you open it and find all your classmates. "we finished!" mina says happily, "alright, wanna explain it to me?" you request, "right, so we designed it off your original costume, but we gave the legs braces and metal soles like izuku. the upper half is fairly unchanged, the hood and torso area are the same, but we decided to remove the sleeves and gloves. for the last thing, denki is gonna cash in a favor from me. we wanted you to have some sort of support item, so we decided on special headphones! on each ear you will be able to toggle outside sounds, and if you put them on under your hood, it activates a HUD with a bunch of cool stuff." mina explains, "wait, so its modeled after my dread suit?" you ask in surprise, "well, yeah. you said that you wanted it to seem like second skin, so we figured your original hero suit would work well!" ochako explains happily. "perfect." you say with a smile.

*present time*

when you walk out onto the field, you see the surprise on midnights face. "uh, everyone look to the board to see your partner! they have been chosen to accommodate for skill, experience, communication, and trust!" midnight exclaims. you look to see that kyoka is on your team, you walk over to her and start talking. "so, looks like its us against the world. again." you joke, "yeah, nice to know i get a free ride to the finals." she adds, "nah, i think several of these teams may win..." you say while eyeing the board. "yeah, i guess. who do we need to be careful of?" she asks, "i mean, our biggest threat is probably denki and katsuki, but momo and tenya are also a really good team." you explain, "true, they will have a good plan for sure." kyoka agrees. "by the way, what all does the HUD do?" you ask curiously, "while active it combines images from a thermal camera and a HD camera in the headphones to give you more advanced sight. on the left side of the headphones are several buttons, they will let you maneuver through it. by the corner it should show your vitals, how much your overclocked, and how much time you have left. you can also pull up another panel that will run a full CT scan to show a 3d model of your body and injuries. comms are built in, they can detect nearby heroes through the HN. somewhere in there, you should be able to access the rope momo made you from your left leg, and last but not least, we had everyone in the class record you audio. each file is marked with a scenario, so only open them when you are in those scenarios." kyoka explains, "oh, damn. this thing is sick! you said hatsume made this?" you ask, "yeah, she actually already had worked on a one sided HUD in the past, so all she had to do was code and remodel it." she answers. 

"alright! now that you have had sufficient time to strategize, i will announce how this event will take place! thanks to cementoss, every fight will be happening simultaneously! around you there are several low walls, each fight will be taking place within one of them. the crowd and cameras can see everything, but your knowledge will be extremely limited!" midnight explains, "so we are going one fight to the next, huh? perfect." you say with a grin. "also! there will be no break between matches! after defeating your opponent, you will move closer to the center. another team will meet you there eventually, and they will be your next battle! if you have time, feel free to practice first aid or anything else that could be used on the battle field!" midnight adds. tenya then raises his hand and asks a question, "what if a more destructive quirk blasts through a wall?" he asks, "in the event of that happening, the fight will get more interesting! teaming up with other teams like this is allowed, but only one team can proceed from each battle field." she answers.