chapter 15: a break

*(y/n) POV*

after i woke up the next morning i go out to the common room, there i see the girls sitting there chatting. "hey girls, whats up?" you ask, "oh...well we were taking about if any of our families could adopt you..." momo says. "oh...you guys dont need to do that for me, im sure ill be okay." you reply, feeling guilty. "well we want to, so far kyoka, ochako, and tsu cant, toorus mom said they could if they were your last hope, me and momo havent called our parents yet." mina say cheerily. while you start getting food you say, "well i can tell im not going to convince you otherwise so im not even gonna try. thanks guys i really appreciate it." you say almost crying, "its really no problem (y/n), we should probably get ready to school though." tooru says.

when we arrive at school everyone started asking you questions. however you just ignore them and sit down, 'if anyone actually cares they can ask me here' you think. "hey (y/n) are you doing okay?" mina asks behind you, "yea, just a bit tired." you reply. "we both know thats not true, whats upsetting you?" she asks "well its just irritating how everyone acts like they care but when i sit down nobody actually cares." you whisper. as you say this you notice kirishima in front of you. "hey whats up?" you ask tiredly, "i just wanted to say that if i could i would make my parents adopt you, but we are in a pretty tight spot right now." he says. "oh...well thanks for he thought." you say tiredly. "its no problem man, just say the word if you need anything." he says with a grin. as he walks away mina whispers in your ear, "dont care huh?" "touche" you reply.

when aizawa walks in he announces we will be getting a longer fall break but no winter break. that means that we will have all of november off but we have school on christmas. "while you are on break however you still have a task. when we return to school we will be holding a secret santa. everyone will come and take a slip of paper from up here, it will have somebodys name, that is the person you will be getting a gift for." aizawa says blankly. "YAY!" everyone cheers. as you walk up for a piece of paper aizawa stops you. "im sorry (y/n) but until we know if you will even still be attending when the break is over you will not be participating. which means for everyone else, dont get too attached to your person as it might change." he orders. "yes, sir" you say sadly. the rest of the school day passes in a blur, when you get home you go out to the common room. "so, any news from your folks?" you ask the girls. "yea, unfortunately my parents arent the trusting types. they think you are faking your situation to get access to our money, even though i tried convincing them otherwise." momo says sadly, "thats alright." you say reassuringly. "well i do have some good news" mina says grinning, "my parents said that they would adopt you!" she exclaims. "wait really!?" you ask shocked, "YEP!" as soon as she says this you give her a big bear hug, "thank you so much mina!" you yell with tears in your eyes. "its no problem (y/n), by the way i also told aizawa and this is your secret santa, dont worry i didnt read it." she says with a smirk. as you look at it it says...'tsu huh? oh i have an idea' as you think this you begin to smirk.