café

I woke up I look at the alarm clock to see that it is six in the morning. I got out of bed after 15 minutes. I go into the bathroom. I take off my clothes and get into the shower, turning on the water to hot. after my shower, I wrap myself in a towel and go to the sink. I brush my teeth and go back into my bedroom.

I went to my closet and pick out an outfit. I got dressed and grabbed my things and went out to my car, locking the front door behind me. I got into my car and drove to the café I usually write at

I walk into the café. I sit down with my laptop at one of the booths. I placed my laptop down and open it and start writing. after writing for some time my fingers started to hurt. I took my hands off the keyboard. I shook my hands and looked out the window for a few seconds.

I leaned back into the seat and took out my phone to take a break for a few minutes. about 10 minutes past when I heard the café door open. I look up because the café has been quiet for some time. when I look up I see a tall man. he has black hair. all I see is his back as he orders whatever he's ordering.

he smiles and nods at the woman. he turns around and meets eyes with me I quickly look down when I saw him I looked back at the screen of my computer and went back to work. I see in the corner of my eye still watching me with a smirk on his lips. he starts to walk towards me as my fingers move faster on the keyboard which makes me make more mistakes and I look like an idiot while pressing the backspace multiple times.

I ignore him. the woman calls his name that I couldn't make out he turned around and went back to the counter to grab his coffee. he started walking back to my table again without any distractions before sitting down in the seat across from me.

he holds his coffee while continuing to watch me. I try not to look up at him and make things awkward. I tuck my hair behind my ear before a waiter walks up to the table.

"can I get you anything, ma'am?" he asks kindly.

"yes," I say and tell him my order. he nods with a smile and walks away from the table.

"Seems like he likes you," he says as he continues watching me while taking a sip from his coffee.

"I think smiling is just part of his job," I say while keeping my eyes on the screen.

"you're not gonna look at me when you're talking to me? not very polite," he says before letting out a deep breath.

"I don't know you, why should I look at you?" I breathe.

the waiter comes back with my coffee and places the mug down on the table I thank him and he walks away.

"because I'm someone you love once you get to know," he says smiling at me when I finally look at him.

"so if I know you I'll love you?" I say keeping my eyes on him and not my screen.

"exactly," he smiles.

I look back at my screen and continue typing. "do you come here often?" he asks examining the café.

"yes, it's nice and quiet. but I've never seen you hear" I say keeping the small talk while I continued typing.

"I've never been here before. I just moved here from New York city" he says. "New York? why'd you move from a large city to a smaller one?" I ask. "just... running away from my problems" he smiles making me giggle. "how long have you lived here?" he asks softly leaning back into the seat while watching me contently. I finally give him a good look and see that he's wearing a tight black button-up with black jeans and he's wearing a uniform with a badge on it. he's a fucking cop.

"About three years now," I say. "so what's a cop doing on this part of town?" I ask. I never really see cops around here because nothing bad ever happens. "there's supposedly some gangs here that are hiding in the better part of town" he answers.

"have you seen anything?" he asks. "Nope, the only things I see on my street are children playing on the yards" I answer. "the street you live on has kids on them?" he asks seriously. "yes, every house on the street has kids," I say.

"including you?" I ask. "No, I don't have kids. I just live on a street with many kids." I say. he nods. "what street do you live on?" he asks. "I'm not telling you that," I say quickly. "I'm a cop I'm not gonna stock you," he says.

"Are you on the job?" I ask. "No," he says. "then you can't ask questions," I say. his face drops into a frown making me smile small.

"I'm gonna need your name and phone number," he says taking out his notepad and a pen. "what for?" I ask. "so I know who I'm calling when I'm calling you so we can go out for lunch on Tuesday," he says.

I look at his face for a bit deciding if he's my type or not. he's exactly my type. I look down at his body and see his biceps pushing against his thin shirt before seeing his muscular stomach under his shirt. he smirks when he sees me checking him out. I roll my eyes before taking his notepad and pen out of his hand and writing my name and number down and handing it back to him.

he looks at the paper and smiles. I'll call you, Meredith" he smiles before standing up, taking his coffee, and leaving the café. I watch him through the window as he gets into his cop car and drives away. I take a deep breath and start typing again.

 I take a deep breath and start typing again

what do we think about the new story????