Chapter 80

Derek

Cristina left a while ago. Meredith is walking around the living room nervously, pacing, she's pacing.

I've been thinking a lot about proposing when I was in France. And I think it would be good to have something positive in our lives.

Something to look forward to when something bad happens so it's not all bad. Something to remember that'll help us get through it and that we'll always have each other.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. I walk over to her and place both my hands on her shoulders. She jumps a bit before she turns around.

"Why are you pacing?" I ask. "Just nervous," she says. "Why are you nervous?" I ask pulling her close.

She wraps her arms around my waist. "I have something to tell you," she says into my chest. "And what's that?" I ask.

"I'm pregnant," she says. "What?" I ask in shock. I pull away and look at her. "I'm pregnant," she says with tears in her eyes.

I stare at her for a bit before my face breaks into a smile. I wrap my arms around her and hug her tightly, but not too tightly.

"You're keeping it right?" I say into her hair. "Yes... we're having a baby," she says. I hug her for a bit before I pull away.

She smiles as I lean down and kiss her passionately. I wasn't expecting this but this is amazing.

"That's what the sickness was, you were just pregnant?" I ask. "Yes, I was just pregnant," she says.

"How far along?" I ask. "Four months," she says. "Four months? Months ago we were in Italy," I say.

"And that's where we had sex for the first time so it must've been then," she says