Chapter 132

After a day, the doctor let Meredith go home. they kept her here over night to make sure everything with her was fine and nothing bad happened in the middle of the night.

I called my mom and told her about the good news. she said she would stay the night with Logan and that he was already asleep.

I told her she didn't need to but she insisted on me staying with Meredith in case anything happened.

the next morning I left the room and drove out to get something to eat. I went back into her room and saw that she was still asleep but she was starting to stir a bit, signaling she was going to wake up soon.

I place the bags and a cup of coffee on the small table, sipping mine as I wait for her to wake up.

a few minutes later she stirs again before her eyes open. she sits up a bit and looks at me. when she looks at me she gives me a confused look.

"what is it, do you feel alright?" I ask sitting up a bit.

"yea, I feel fine. how come you're still here? I thought you would have left last night," she says. "why would I have left?" I say, standing up and kissing the side of her head.

"because it was two in the morning when I woke up again," she says. "No, I wanted to stay the night to make sure nothing bad happened," I say.

"like what? I would try to walk and drop dead?" she says. "that's not funny, Mer," I say.

"I'm not going to die, I'm fine," she rolls her eyes. "you said that last time and you fell into a coma," I say.

"well, I don't remember much of that, so..." she says. "Meredith, you almost died... you can't joke about it quite yet because I'm still trying to pretend like it didn't happen," I say.

"Okay, can you leave now?" she says. "what?" I ask. why would she want me to leave, am I doing too much?

"leave this hospital," she says again. "why?" I ask. "because I want you to go get Logan. I woke up from a coma when I tried bringing a life into the world and when I woke up he was gone... please?" she says.

"yes, I will get him... but I need you to eat this first," I say picking up the bag and hand it to her.

"so if I eat this sandwich I get to see him?" she says. "yes," I say. "he's my son, shouldn't that be reason enough?" she says.

"yes... but, you haven't eaten anything and you wouldn't eat last night. so if you eat this I can call my mom and she'll being him here," I say.

"your mom? isn't she in New York?" she says. "I freaked out when you were in a coma for two weeks so she came over to convince me you weren't going to die," I say.

"you actually thought I was going to die?" she says. "you were in a two week long coma... I was terrified," I say.

"fine, I'll eat. go call your mom," she pushes me gently. "you've been awake for less than 24 hours and you're already bossing me around," I roll my eyes. I grab my phone and leave the room to call my mom.

MEREDITH'S POV:

Derek leaves the room to call his mother. I take the sandwich out of the bag and open it, looking at what was inside. he knows what I like because I usually don't like sandwich's.

I take one bite and look around the room. I really does look like someone who was in a coma stays in here.

after a few minutes, I finish my sandwich, crumble up the bag and throw it in the trash.

a minute later Derek walks into the room. "I called her and she should be over soon," he says.

"where's Emily? I want to see her," I say. "what?" he asks. "Emily... my niece?" I say. "I'll have to call Cristina," he says.

"you don't have Emily, she's still with Cristina?" I ask. how could he do this? he doesn't even take my niece when I'm in a damn coma.

"Logan cries a lot, I wanted Emily to be able to fall asleep and not like we replaced her," he says. "because you giving her to a woman she hardly knows when you bring home a new baby wouldn't feel like you're replacing her?" I say.

"she's fine. I just have to call Cristina, Mer," he says. "I know... why wasn't she with you?" I ask. "because a newborn is hard enough as is," he says.

"Emily isn't a handful, she can feed herself, you don't have to change her diaper," I say. "yes, I know but-" he says.

"so, if I ever die and you're alone with Logan you would just give him away to... I don't know, your mother?" I say.

"Meredith it's not like that-" he says. "you know what, just go get Emily yourself and text your mom my room number, I can't even look at you right now," I say looking away from him.

"Meredith, I promise, I was going to get her," he says. "I trusted you with her... just go already," I say feeling tears in my eyes.

the last thing I hear is the door closing.