Patient

MEREDITH

Derek drove me to work this morning. I got changed into my clothes and checked on some patients. there was one patient that I had to check on today. he was more... harsh then the other patients. I knocked on the door a few times before I opened the door.

I walked into the room and saw him sitting in the corner of the room. "Mr. Jefferson, it's time to take your meds," I placed the tray down.

he stood up and walked over to the bed where I was standing. I handed him the meds and the cup of water. he took the meds and the water. I was about to leave the room before he said my name. "yes?" I asked turning around.

"stay here for a bit," he says walking towards me. "I would if I could, but there are other patients I have to check on, I'm sorry," I say. I go to open the door before I felt his hand on my wrist. "Mr. Jefferson, I can't stay, I have to go-"

he pulls my wrist so I'm facing him. he grabs both my arms and pushes me against the wall, making my head hit the hard. "just stay, Meredith," he smiles.

"I have to go, I can't stay," I say trying to break free. "you can stay," he says as I start to feel his lips on my neck. "please... let go," I say. the grip on my right wrist loosens a bit. I pull my hand away and reach for my pocket. I pulled out the button from my pocket and pressed it.

after a few minutes, the guards came into the room and pulled him off me. I ran out of the room and went into a nearby closet. I sat down on the floor and started sobbing uncontrollably. I wish Derek were here.

***

DEREK

I got off from work early. Meredith texted me saying she was done her shift at the hospital. I got into my car and drove out of the station driveway and drove to the hospital she worked at.

I didn't see ere so I walked into the building and asked the lady at the desk. she said Meredith would be out soon. I leaned against the wall and waited.

after around five minutes, I saw Meredith walking down the hallway. when she saw me she quickly looked away. she continued walking to the exit and I followed her.

"Meredith, are you okay?" I asked as I walked next to her. "yes, I'm fine," she said. she obviously wasn't fine. I'll ask her about it later but not now.

I opened the car door for her. I closed the door and went around to the other side. I drove her back to her place. she got out of the car before me and went inside the building. I followed her up to her front door.

she went inside and left the door open. I walked inside and closed the door behind me, locking it. when I turned around she was gone. I went to her bedroom door. it was locked. I knocked on the door a few times before she actually opened it.

I pushed the door open. I sat down on the bed and watched her grab her clothes out of the closet. "Meredith... what happened at work today?" I asked her. "nothing, today was just harder then others. it's a mental hospital for the criminally insane, it's never easy," she says.

"I understand that, but you never come home so upset, even when you say you've had a hard day. it's never been like this," I say, standing up and walking over to her.

"Derek, it's fine. it's nothing," she says. I move to stand in front of her. I look into her eyes. I see tears well up in her eyes. I wrap my arms around her waist and pull he close. I rub my hand up and down her back and my fingers through her soft hair as she starts to sob into my shoulder.

I hug her tightly and she wraps her arms around my neck. "it's okay, you're okay," I whisper into her hair. before I could say anything I noticed there was a cut on her cheek.

after she started to calm down, I slowly pulled away and looked at her as she looked down at the floor. "Meredith, what happened at the hospital?" I held her face in my hands. "it was just something with a patient. I was giving him his meds, he took them fine but after he kept saying he wanted me to stay... I told him I couldn't. when I went to leave he pushed my against the wall... then he started..."

"what is it, Meredith? you can tell me," I say, I kiss her forehead. I wiped a the tears that fell onto her cheeks. "he started kissing my neck, he did it for a bit few minutes before his grip on my wrist loosened. when he did I grabbed the alarm button from my pocket and then guards came in and took him off... I'm going to go take a shower, I feel disgusting," she said.

she removed her arms from my neck, grabbed from the closet and went into the bathroom to take a shower.

***

after Meredith finished taking a shower. she picked up a book from her nightstand before she sat down on the bed. she sat down next to me and opened her book. I pulled her in by the waist and sat her down on my lap.

she turned to her side her side and laid her down on my shoulder and continued reading. "maybe you should take a few days off from work," I say running my fingertips up and down her back. "I can't, too many patients," she says not taking her eyes off from the book.

"then you should at least give that patient to another nurse, maybe a male nurse so it doesn't happen to another woman," I say kissing her cheek. she nods, "I'll talk to my boss about it,"

I check the time on my watch, "your bedtimes in a few hours, shouldn't you get dressed into your pajamas?" I say. "I will soon, are you going home tonight?" she asks. "No, I'm staying here for the night, yesterday I can install it today, I'll have to put it in backwards but I'll keep the key to myself,"

"what if you wake up and see my trying to kill you?" she looks up at me. "serious question,"
"then I'll stop you and wake you then I'll put you back to bed... and there can't be much things in here that could kill me,"

"there might be a pocket knife in my room somewhere in my closet," she says looking at the closet. "I'll hide it before we go to sleep," I say. she nods. she looks back at her book and continues reading.

suggestions??? I want to make something happen but I'm not sure on what. maybe Addison comes back or something???