seatbelt

the next day I woke up and saw my phone sitting next to me. I plugged it into the charger before getting up and going into the bathroom to take a shower. after my shower I got dressed and went into the kitchen.

I made a cup of coffee. while I was drinking my coffee there was a knocking at my door. I stopped drinking and waited to see if the person would go away. the knocking turned into banging I stood there sipping my coffee whilst it continued until it finally stopped.

I heard the person walk away. I finished my coffee and put the mug back into the sink. I grabbed my things and left the house. I went out to my car and got in after locking the front door. I went to the store to grab some things. I paid, brought the things back to my car, and drove back home.

I brought everything inside and placed them on the counter. I unpacked everything before checking the time. it was 3:20. I went into the bathroom, took a shower, and washed my hair. I picked up some nice clothes and got dressed then curled my hair.

then there was a knock at the door. I wasn't sure if I should open it or not, it was time for him to arrive but after what happened it could be anyone. I looked out the window and saw his car outside, of course, he had to come in a cop car.

I opened the front door and saw him standing there.

"what took you so long to open the door?" he smiled before walking toward me and kissing me on the cheek. "you look beautiful," he said pulling away and making me blush.

"something happened earlier," I said softly.

"What happened?" he asked as I grabbed my coat and bag.

"I don't really know," I took a shaky breath. "someone came to the front door and banged on it multiple times before they actually left," I said.

his smile dropped when I said that. "Who was it?"

"I don't know who it was, I didn't open the door,"

"good, that's good," he said softly. he took my hand and lead me out to the car. We got in.

"you didn't see anything?" he asked while driving.

"No, the curtains were closed." I sighed.

"you look a little pale, are you sure you're okay after what happened," he said reaching for my hand and holding it in his.

"I'm fine,"

he stopped to look at me before looking back at the road.

"Do you have anywhere else to stay?" he asked.

"What? No, why?"

"I don't think you should stay there until we catch the guy,"

"nothing's going to happen, I'll be fine,"

"Everyone thinks nothing will happen until it does,"

"I lock the doors and windows,"

"a grown man can kick a door down and break a window,"

I stayed quiet.

"I don't think you should stay at your house until we capture him,"

"because a hotel is safer?" I asked.

"No... I think staying with someone else is safer,"

"so that way when I die I won't die alone?" I giggled.

"you're not going to die," he said sternly.

"why don't you stay with me for a bit... until we figure things out," he suggests, looking at me as he stops at a red light.

"How do I know you're not pretending to be a cop and your not the killer?" I ask.

he looks at me annoyed before rolling his eyes.

"okay maybe you're not the killer but I still don't know you,"

"that's why I'm taking you to lunch, so we can we to know each other," he smiled.

" I'm not staying with a stranger while there's a killer on the loose," I rolled my eyes.

"Well, that person that was banging on your door was most likely the killer, so if you want to live I suggest staying with the cop for a few days and nights," he hits the breaks making me go forward a bit and I glare at him.

"fine... but I scream in my sleep sometimes so if it sounds like someone's being killed at three in the morning it might be me,"

"Do you have nightmares a lot?" he says as he continues to drive. "you're not wearing your seatbelt," he says.

while driving slowly he grabs my seatbelt and leans over my lap to buckle it in. as he pulls away his hand slides across my thigh, he grips my thigh firmly in his hand for a second before he sits up straight again and puts both his hands on the wheel again.

I feel the heat in my cheeks start to rise before I turn to look out the window hoping he won't notice, but the small smirk that forms on his lips when he looks at me says otherwise.

Mer and the killer???