moving in

lunch went well. he asked me a few questions about the girl who was murdered and how I knew her and all that. after our date, he drove me back to my place. I said goodbye before getting out of the car and going inside my house.

after about twenty minutes I was on my phone walking around the living room when I looked out the window and saw his car was still outside.

I put my phone down and went outside, "why are you still here?" I asked him as he stood against the house. "you're supposed to be moving in with me for the next few weeks or months." he says taking a puff from his cigarette.

"Now?!" I ask. "yes, now, when did you think. go pack your things," he said. I rolled my eyes and went back inside the house. I grabbed a medium-sized suitcase and packed a bunch of clothes, undergarments, and some other things as well as toiletries. I grabbed a backpack and packed other things like a notebook with all my writing ideas, a pencil case, and my laptop and other things.

I dragged them outside and placed them in front of him. "what am I to do with these?" he asked as I grabbed my coat.

"you're carrying them inside," I said. he rolled his eyes and carried them into his car. whilst he was putting everything in the back I waited in the passenger seat. "thanks for the help," he says getting in. "your welcome," I say while focused on reading my book. he looks at me for a few seconds and then looks at my book. I turn my book away from him because I was reading some kinky smut.

he looks at me weirdly because I think he read a bit of it and then we started the car. "you read?" he asked as he drove down the road. "yea... that a problem?" I asked still not looking at him. "No, I looked you up and found out you're a writer so I'm not surprised,"

"if you end up killing me because you are the killer-" I say. "Meredith, I'm not a damn killer for goodness sakes stop assuming that," I groans. "how do I know your not a killer?" I ask. "because the only reason you think that is because you're reading a murder book and there's a killer on the loose so you're scared,"

"how do you know I'm reading a murder book?... unless you stalked me and looked through my bedroom window," I say. "I know you're reading a murder book because the word 'murder' is on the cover," he says. I think a bit before looking at the cover of my book and seeing that he's right. I don't say anything as I continue to read my book.

I stop reading my book as we arrive at his house. I look up and see he lives in a huge house, I thought cops were broke for some reason, for all I know he's not even a real cop. I close my book and put it in my purse. I step out of the car closing the door behind me. I lean against the car as I wait for him to get my things out from the back.

"you really don't like helping, do you?" he asked while carrying it to the front door. "you're the man you're supposed to be the strong one... and you're the one who wanted me to stay with you," I say. "so you don't get murdered," he said. "by you," I say. he rolls his eyes. he opens the door for me and I walk into the house.

he carries my things inside and places them in front of a door. "this is the room you will be staying in. my room is right there," he points to the door two doors down. "I have some work to get to so if your need anything you know where I am,"

"work?" I ask. "The murder case, I need to find the killer before he strikes again," he sighs. "before you strike again..." I say. he groans rolling his eyes before he walks away and into his room. I giggle to myself before taking my things into the room.

I went into the bedroom and brought my things inside. I didn't want to unpack. I took my book out of my purse and sat down on the bed and started reading.

after some time, I heard a knock at the door. "come in," I said softly but loud enough to hear. the door opened and he walked in. "what do you want to eat?" he asked while sitting on the edge of the bed. "I don't know, I'm not really hungry," I said. "you haven't eaten since we ate lunch," he says. "I'm going out to get something to eat and you're going to eat it whether you want to or not, call me if anything happens," he says. he squeezes my leg reassuringly before leaving the room.

---

I finished reading my book. I closed it and tossed it on the side of the bed. I stood up and walked out of the room. I walked around the house to get used to it. I soon heard the front door open. I turned to see him walking in with a few bags in his hands.

he brought them into the house and placed them on the counter and unpacked them. I walked over to him and leaned against the counter. "you're going to cook?" I asked. "yes, what did you think?" he laughed lightly. "nothing, just didn't know you cooked,"

"you don't?" he asked. "No," I answered. "then what do you eat?"

"I... I just eat at the cafe or I order out," I say. "that's not healthy," he says looking at me. "Well, I'm still alive," I sighed and walked away.

I don't know what to write for this story.

if I can't figure anything out I might stop writing it or I'll delete it, if you have any suggestions let me know!