Chapter 167

time jump three months later.

MEREDITH

I'm in the kitchen getting breakfast made for when Derek and Logan wake up. I make some eggs, bacon, toast, and cereal because Logan likes to eat a lot in the morning mainly because we don't let him eat anything an hour before bed.

I put the food on the table and start a pot of coffee and put some juice on the table.

I leave the kitchen and go into Logan's bedroom. I see him laying on the side of the bed, about to fall of the edge.

right as I'm about to walk over to him he falls off the bed. before he starts to cry I walk over to him and lift him into my arms.

"Mommy, I-I fell," he hiccups into my shoulder. "I know, I saw, your okay," I whisper before kissing his head.

"but I hit my head," he cries. "I know, let's go eat breakfast," I tell him. "I'm vewy hungwy," he says as I take him into the kitchen and place him in his seat and sit down in mine.

"No!" he says as he starts to cry and push himself away from the table.

"what, what is it?" I ask. "I don't want to sit here," he says crossing his arms over his chest.

"you always sit there, where do you want to sit?" I say as I take him plate so he doesn't throw it on the floor.

"I wanna sit in your lap," he says. "next time just say that, but you can't sit in my lap so come here, you can sit next to me," I tell him. he gets out of his seat and comes around the table to me.

I help him on the chair next to me. "what do you want?" I whisper in his ear. "eggs and toast," he whispers. I smile and kiss his head.

I grab his plate and put some eggs and toast on it. I cut his toast into four squares and put some eggs on it before handing it to him.

I make my own plate and start eating while Logan eats his breakfast. a few minute later Derek comes into the kitchen.

he walks into the kitchen area and pours himself a cup of coffee. "Daddy looks like a zombie when he wakes up," Logan whispers.

"I may be half asleep but I can still hear you," Derek says before he sits down across from us at the table.

"do you think he's mad?" Logan whispers. "No, he's too tired to be mad," I tell him. he nods and continues eating.

"since when do you like eggs? I thought you always eat cereal in the morning," Derek says to Logan.

Logan looks at him for a few seconds before he puts his toast down and leans into my chest. "you can still eat your food, he was just asking a question," I whisper to him.

"I'm not hungwy anymowe," he says with tears in his eyes before he hops off his chair and runs into his room.

I glare at Derek. "what?" he asks. "why do you do that?" I ask, annoyed. "what are you talking about? I didn't do anything," he says.

"you're always mean to him so when you ask him a question he thinks your being mean," I say.

"I didn't do anything," he says. "just leave him alone," I say before standing up.

"it's not my fault he's sensitive," he says. "yes it is, he asks you to help him and you get mad at him so he thinks you're always going to be mean to him. I thought we talked about this last night," I say.

"we did, I wasn't trying to upset him," he says. "well try harder!" I say before walking away and going into Logan's room where I saw him go.

I find Logan sitting in his bed, crying into his pillow. I close the door behind me and walk over to him. I hug him into my side and comfort him until he stops crying.