Nervous

MEREDITH

after breakfast, Derek took a shower and left for work. I was cleaning the room a bit before my phone started ringing. I went over to my phone that was charging. "Hello?" I say. "Meredith?" I hear a voice say. "yes, who's this," I ask. "Carolyn Shepherd, Derek's mother," she says. crap, why's she calling? and how did she get my number? Derek.

"oh... hi," I say. "I don't mean to bother you but Derek and I spoke over the phone yesterday, he said he was going to ask you if you were able to visit us in New York, did he ask you?" she says. "oh, yes, he did," I say. "will you be coming?" she asks. "yes, I will be," I say. "alright, I was just making sure he didn't forget. I'll see you then, Meredith," she says. "I'll see you then," I say. I hang up the phone.

who knew I was dating a mamas boy? I didn't.

****

hours later.

Derek got home a few minutes ago. he took a shower and is now sitting in bed, under the covers, naked and his hair is still wet from the shower. "your mom called me," I say, sitting down on my side of the bed, facing him.

"what?" he says looking at me away from his book.

"your mom called me," I say again.

"what did she say?" he asks.

"she just wanted to make sure that you asked me if I was going to New York with you," I say.

"I already told her I was going to ask you though," he says a bit confused.

"he just wanted to make sure you didn't forget to ask," I say.

"that means she really wants you to come," he smiles before looking back at his book.

"is it weird that she scares me?" I say.

"what? why would you be scared of my mother? she loves you," he says.

"I know, it's weird," I say.

"how is that weird?" he asks looking at me.

"because not even my own mother doesn't even like me that much in the over twenty years I've been alive, and your mother has only met me once for twenty minutes, it's weird, isn't it?" I say.

"my mother's nicer than your mother," he says.

"I know," I say.

"don't be scared of her, everything will be fine," he says.

"what about your sisters?" I ask.

"if they scare you tell me and I'll save you," he says.

"what if your gone, or busy?" I say.

"you're going with me, I'm not going to be too busy for you, and I definitely won't leave and leave you alone with my family," he says.

"what if you're in the bathroom?" I say.

"It takes me two minutes to pee, you'll be fine," he says.

I groan leaning back onto the headboard. "I don't know what you're so worried about, the worse that is going to happen is that they'll ask dumb questions or they'll interrogate you," he says.

"Derek!" I whine.

"what?" he chuckles.

"don't say that, you're going to make it worse," I say.

"I'll with you the entire time, you having nothing to be worried about," He says, closing his book.

"is that my book?" I ask when I see the stamp on the first page as he closes it.

"yes. do you want to talk about it?" he says, pulling me closer to him.

"about what? you reading my book?" I say.

"No, about you being nervous," he says.

"what do you want me to say?" I ask.

"why are you still so nervous? I already told you I'll with you the entire time," he says.

"what makes you think I'm still nervous? I'm not complaining anymore," I say.

"I'm holding you and you're tense, your face is flushed, and your hands are surprisingly cold," he says.

"it's cold in here," I say. "it's warm," he says.

"we need to get you a pair of gloves before we leave, it's freezing over there," he says.

"you're not cold?" I ask.

"No, I think it's warm in here, but you're as pale as a ghost, is it that cold?" he asks, pulling the covers up to my shoulders.

"how are you warm?" I ask laying my head on his shoulder.

"I think I have more body heat than you do. you're smaller than I am," he says, wrapping his arms around me.

"that's the whole point," I say.

"me being bigger than you?" he chuckles softly.

"yes, if you were the same size as me what's the point? you can't beat people up for me if your my size," I say.

"I thought you said you kicked him in the balls," he says.

"I did but I got hit for it, if I kicked you would you hit me?" I ask, running my hand up his thigh, resting on his balls.

"No... but I wouldn't be happy, so don't do it, unless I deserve it," he says holding my hand.

"as long as you don't hit me, if you hit me I'm leaving," I say.

"I won't, but if I do I hope you do leave me," he says kissing the top of my head.

"how did your mother get my number?" I ask.

"she might've asked for it... and I might've given her it," he says.

"are you a mamas boy?" I ask.

"what?" he asks.

"are you a mamas boy?" I ask again.

"I... I don't know," he says.

"it sounds like you are," I say.

"is that bad?" he asks.

"a little, just don't be a spoiled brat... and don't take her side on everything just because she's your mother," I say.

"I don't do that," he says.

"just making sure," I say.

"what'd you do all day?" he asks.

"nothing, it's boring without you here," I say.

"you missed me?" I smiles placing his hand on my stomach and under my shirt.

"yes, there's nothing to do here," I say.

"what about reading?" he asks, running his hand up and down my stomach.

"we've been here for two weeks and I've already read 14 books," I say.

"you've read one book a day?" he askes a bit surprised.

"minus the one two books I read on the way here," I say.

"you need more books and longer ones, and more hobby's than just reading," he says.

"like what?" I ask.

"I don't know, whatever you like doing,"

"I like being with you, and your always at work," I say.

"I'll take tomorrow off," he says.

"No, you don't have to, I'll be fine," I say.

"I'll take tomorrow off and maybe the next few days," he says kissing my cheek. I try to say something but he stops me. "don't argue with me, I'm staying with you," he says, kissing me on the lips.